Dressing Better Vol 2.0

All this makes me wonder how the hype for the Gap X GQ stuff will be....
From what's been posted before, that collection looks pretty tame. Last year's collab made it to a sale too.

Target's collabs are always more hyped up. There was a collab last year before the Neiman project, the name escapes my mind at the moment and that project flew off the shelves.

From what's been posted before, that collection looks pretty tame. Last year's collab made it to a sale too.

Target's collabs are always more hyped up. There was a collab last year before the Neiman project, the name escapes my mind at the moment and that project flew off the shelves.

Are you talking about Odin? I found a ton of Odin stuff on clearance within a month or so of the release. There may have been a women's collection some time in between though.

And agreed with the Gap x GQ hype, or lack thereof. I was able to walk into my local Gap last year and saw everything I wanted to see in person. I think Target's accessibility makes it more prone to resellers.

Last edited:

You think so? I may have missed a few things but so far I've only seen the Bespoken baseball jacket,Aviator Nation trucker cap,Baldwin cardigan,and Ernest Alexander backpack...I really like the cardigan and baseball jacket...Also does any one know if this is Targets last collabo of the year or will they be another around the holidays?

Are you talking about Odin? I found a ton of Odin stuff on clearance within a month or so of the release. There may have been a women's collection some time in between though.

And agreed with the Gap x GQ hype, or lack thereof. I was able to walk into my local Gap last year and saw everything I wanted to see in person. I think Target's accessibility makes it more prone to resellers.
Nope, not Odin. It was the Missoni project. Finally came to mind!

You think so? I may have missed a few things but so far I've only seen the Bespoken baseball jacket,Aviator Nation trucker cap,Baldwin cardigan,and Ernest Alexander backpack...I really like the cardigan and baseball jacket...Also does any one know if this is Targets last collabo of the year or will they be another around the holidays?
I think so. I got the camo pants from Gap last year with ease. I walked in days after at a random time. Stuff got marked down weeks later with good sizes left too. I don't think the prices were too bad. Not sure what happened there.

The trench seems like the only thing worth getting but I have one so similar to it that I don't even know if it's worth dropping $80 on it. Mine just doesn't have a belt.

Checked the online stock of all the Targets in my area early this morning. None of them got the leather jacket either. Must have been pretty limited.
I hope no one pays over retail for the (p)leather jacket because it's limited :frown:

I was surprised the sneakers didn't fly off the shelf. The hand on it is alright, felt like the stuff Nike/Jordan is putting out today :lol: I thought it'd be much worse.

The sneaker are hideous, and they look fat as sh*t based on the pictures

I'll echo everyone's thoughts and agree on the suit, Wes. The thing that stands out the most to me is the lapel size. It fits your physique nicely. 3.5" I'm guessing?

Yeah it is 3.5. I thought that was pretty much the standard lapel size?

Still sick about that Odin x Target parka. That's something I would have liked to have. I also still have a DS Rag & Bone cardi from the last collab if anybody wants it. Size small.

Still sick about that Odin x Target parka. That's something I would have liked to have. I also still have a DS Rag & Bone cardi from the last collab if anybody wants it. Size small.
Check ebay for the parka. If im not mistaken I seen someone sell one for $35 on there the other day.

Did not see the hype behind the PL x target so did not waste time checking it out.

Last edited:
Wasn't Missoni the first? IIRC, that very first Missoni drop was actual main line stuff and it was only online. Before the collabs.
The one I was refferring to was the one that released in 2011, it definitely wasn't the first collaboration with Target. The oldest collab I remember was Richard Chai in about 2008 and Dooney & Bourke around early 2009. 

...and then there was Mossimo lol

That cardigan is really great. I've been looking for a large for awhile but everyone on ebay wants $60+ :smh:

I like the sweater as it appears online. The gray on the bottom looks lighter than it does IRL as the pic you posted.

May still give it a look and purchase though.

Anyone try/buy the sweatpants?

In line copping the sneakers in a sz 12. Tried on the shirt with the jersey sleeves and cardigan and fit was terrible

^i didn't see any sweats except for the camo print. Didn't have my size so didn't try. Surprised they were gone ASAP.

Went to Goodwill after Philip Lim. I only got the two-tone sweatshirt, black/white shirt, and navy pants. I thought about the white shirt, but the collar was really annoying me. No navy blazer at the two stores I went to. No line at all for either store. Picked these up at Goodwill -- "Royal Tweed" is the brand, which from my understanding is one of Church's lower-end brands. Still, fits perfectly, and I didn't have any suede oxfords yet. Perfect for fall now.

Anyone know how to get those toe crease colorations out of the suede? Thanks.

Last edited:
You're too athletic, bro :lol: I'm sure you had to try on the L and XL.

I tried in L and it fit me like a 2xl almost (well to be fair smaller than a 2xl but a tad larger than an Xl), the shirt fit weird I can't explain, boxy would be a good way to explain. I didn't bother to try on the sneakers lol I just grabbed em. I assume they sent different items to different locations the one I went to only had the black sneakers, the cardigans, the button up shirts, the tiger t shirt, and the white and black t shirt

It’s On Sale: Allen Edmonds’ Amok

I’m told that Allen Edmonds is discontinuing their Amok boot, which is a shame because I think it’s a nice, affordable alternative to Alden’s suede unlined chukka. Like Alden’s, the Amok is unlined, so the suede uppers are very soft and wear like slippers. There’s also a very flexible, oil-soaked, single-leather sole. The only real difference between the two is that Allen Edmonds’ is slightly sleeker in shape, whereas Alden’s look a bit more casual. Which one you like is all up to taste.

On the upside, they’re on pretty heavy discount right now. They’ve gone from $250 to a clearance price of $147, and with an extra 25% taken off at checkout, that puts them at about $110 before taxes and shipping. You can get them in chocolate, tan, and snuff suede. They also have their Malvern chukkas on sale right now, but at a more expensive $185 price.

Promotion ends Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom