Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Trust that I had the thought of tailoring my clothes when I dropped the lbs, but wasn't worth it when it's all said and done.

Just curious, what's an average quote for a re-size job (shoulder alteration, torso supression/slimming, sleeves, the whole deal)? I specify shirts/polo and not trousers, jackets, ect because there are literally only 4 seams which makes it by far the easiest thing to sew for a change that dramatic.

Last edited:
essentials

Tees

-Grey, White, Black, Navy crew neck tees

-A few graphic tees(look for simple designs, I prefer Saturday NYC, J Crew,  RVCA)

Hoodies

Pullovers

-Heather Grey

-Black

Zips

-Forest Green

-Grey

-Black

-Maroon

Sweats

-Black Joggers

-Grey Joggers

Jeans

-5 pairs of slim(I like Levi 511 or 513, but know your fit)

Pants

Cargos

-Khaki

-Olive

-Dark Camo

Chinos

-Tan

-Dark Grey

-Dark Navy

-Brown

Casual Sneakers

-Flyknit Trainers(I prefer white)

-Flyknit Racer(Volt or black imo)

-Roshe Run(stick to classic Black or Red or Igunana imo)

-Air Max 1(look for simple colors such as the obsidian navy pair)

-New Balance 1300

-Jordan I Bred

-Jordan III Black cement or White Cement

-Jordan IV Black Cement or White Cement

-Jordan VI Black Infrared

The Basics of dressing better

-

Went by target today. Figured my store would still have stuff. Will probably go back for the chambray tomorrow if they have my size

Fit is great if you size right. IMO

Just curious, what's an average quote for a re-size job (shoulder alteration, torso supression/slimming, sleeves, the whole deal)? I specify shirts/polo and not trousers, jackets, ect because there are literally only 4 seams which makes it by far the easiest thing to sew for a change that dramatic.
Not sure, it's been years. If I had to guess, it's probably around $50-80 per shirt. Taking in the side is easy, it's the shoulders that are difficult. Again, her rates are not the cheapest, but I go to her for her expertise.

I had a polo recut, along with a pair of jeans. I was more curious than anything. Ended up giving away most of the old stuff, was pretty sad at first because I had a grip of Lacoste polos that were rarely worn. I wouldn't wear them now though, even if they fit :lol:

Last edited:
Not sure, it's been years. If I had to guess, it's probably around $50-80 per shirt. Taking in the side is easy, it's the shoulders that are difficult. Again, her rates are not the cheapest, but I go to her for her expertise.

I had a polo recut, along with a pair of jeans. I was more curious than anything. Ended up giving away most of the old stuff, was pretty sad at first because I had a grip of Lacoste polos that were rarely worn. I wouldn't wear them now though, even if they fit :lol:

Pants are hard, I won't even go into that.

Shirts/polos are way easier though. What ended up going wrong with it? Once the sleeve is detached from the armscye/shoulder seam you can manipulate the shoulder seam by cutting of the excess and shorten the sleeve at the same time without doing anything to the sleeve cuff. None of these seams are top stitched in the end which gives the person altering a huge a mount of leeway.

The price is still a head scratcher and the shoulder thing is silly though. They're basically saying that because they have to cut the shirt into 3 parts and none are attached from the get go like a hem or taper they can justify charging $50+.

essentials

Tees
-A few graphic tees(look for simple designs, I prefer Saturday NYC, J Crew,  RVCA)

Hoodies
Pullovers
-Heather Grey
-Black

Zips
-Forest Green
-Grey
-Black
-Maroon

Sweats
-Black Joggers
-Grey Joggers

Jeans

Pants

Cargos
-Khaki
-Olive
-Dark Camo

Chinos
-Tan
-Dark Grey
-Dark Navy
-Brown

Casual Sneakers
-New Balance 1300
-Jordan I Bred

-

Nice list, but that's more like the basics of dressing better "casually."

But you and I are very similar, although I don't like bulky shoes so I usually wear low-profile slip-ons and Chucks.

Last edited:

this, i mean i barely started getting into fashion/dressing better but this is something i don't get :lol:

Agreed. For lounging, get some denim/chino with decent stretch (3%+ elastane) and there's not even a point imo.

Last edited:

this, i mean i barely started getting into fashion/dressing better but this is something i don't get 
laugh.gif
Its meant for casual/Going to the grocery store/ Friend or Girlfriend house right quick.

Its the dudes who wearing it like its some upscale thing that makes it look wack. The Joggers are just like every other sweat pants you've ever worn except the cuffs. With that said... treat it the same.

essentials

Tees

Hoodies
Pullovers
-Heather Grey
-Black

Zips
-Forest Green
-Grey
-Black
-Maroon

Sweats
-Black Joggers
-Grey Joggers

Jeans

Pants

Cargos
-Khaki
-Olive
-Dark Camo

Chinos
-Tan
-Dark Grey
-Dark Navy
-Brown

Casual Sneakers
-New Balance 1300
-Jordan I Bred

-

I hope that is a list of your essential wardrobe?

Because that is way too specific to be an essentials list for "everybody" and nobody needs 5 pairs of jeans. :lol: And 4 colors of zip hoodies? You also do not need 3 colors of cargo?

I don't get this sweatpants hype. Are y'all actually wearing these out or just for working out?

What does "wearing it out" mean? Going to the mall? DO people really dress up to go to the mall? Go to the supermarket? Walking the dog? Chilling/going to the movies with your friends?

I think people are just tired wearing ugly baggy sweatpants and I don't see why you can't go out looking like these.

3-1-phillip-lim-for-target-mens-pique-henley-in-charcoal-22-99-leather-jacket-in-black-299-99-french-terry-sweatpants-in-gray-29-99-balckpack-in-black-29-99-high-top-sneaker-in-blac.jpg

Last edited:
What does "wearing it out" mean? Going to the mall? DO people really dress up to go to the mall? Go to the supermarket? Walking the dog? Chilling/going to the movies with your friends?

I think people are just tired wearing ugly baggy sweatpants and I don't see why you can't go out looking like these.
mg%5D
3-1-phillip-lim-for-target-mens-pique-henley-in-charcoal-22-99-leather-jacket-in-black-299-99-french-terry-sweatpants-in-gray-29-99-balckpack-in-black-29-99-high-top-sneaker-in-blac.jpg
I think its over dressed. Looking like Napoleon Dynamite.  Sweats are sweats

I hope that is a list of your essential wardrobe?

Because that is way too specific to be an essentials list for "everybody" and nobody needs 5 pairs of jeans. :lol: And 4 colors of zip hoodies? You also do not need 3 colors of cargo?
its for me. Just wanted to share. Do you bruh.

Hey, no hate, it's an ok list and I have plenty of those listed but it looks like you are saying it is an essential for everyone. Just a bit misleading.

I think we did this on the old thread but it would be good to see a good essential list for people but limit it to 10 items. I guess look at it this way, if you are to go out of town for the weekend, what 10 items must you have no matter what.

Hey, no hate, it's an ok list and I have plenty of those listed but it looks like you are saying it is an essential for everyone. Just a bit misleading.

I think we did this on the old thread but it would be good to see a good essential list for people but limit it to 10 items. I guess look at it this way, if you are to go out of town for the weekend, what 10 items must you have no matter what.
I did a list a year ago (A Baboon Cow) was supposed to get it on the First post

I have no idea what's going on in this thread anymore.

Feels like those awful dressing better tidbits are getting thrown around again and people are acting like their opinion is the be all, end all. MINE is that you should do what works for you but versatility is great and so is being open to change.

mg%5D
I think its over dressed. Looking like Napoleon Dynamite.  Sweats are sweats

That is overdressed for the mall/movies with friends/to get groceries? Leather jackets are casualwear for the most part.

I have no idea what's going on in this thread anymore.

Feels like those awful dressing better tidbits are getting thrown around again and people are acting like their opinion is the be all, end all. MINE is that you should do what works for you but versatility is great and so is being open to change.
Where are you getting this from?

Back
Top Bottom