Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Shoe bank shipment arrived yesterday.

Both of these are 7.5 D. I only have two other pairs of AE now which are 7.5 D as well. I have some heel slippage in the loafers. I am afraid to go down to a 7 D on the loafers because I remember buying my first pair of AE's in Nordstrom I tried a 7 D and it was too small. Now I am thinking I may be a 7 E truly because while the two pair of AE I already have are 7.5 D fit and my heel doesn't really slip when tied tightly, I can still barely fit my index finger inbetween my the heel of my foot and the shoe. I have Nike sizing mastered but still getting used to dress shoes. It can be frustrating getting the right size especially when dealing with online orders and having to ship things back. I think I'm going to go to an actual Allen Edmonds store and try some pairs on to see if the 7 E is better than the 7.5 D before I return these to the shoe bank to get the right size. The strands fit and but I'm wearing my walnut strands now thinking that a 7 E would be better. A little frustrated I have to send these back and they might not have them in another size. So nice in person though. Couldn't even tell they were seconds.

The shoe bank will accept returns right? They never sent my Sanderson Snuff Suedes though, but they didn't charge my CC either. God damn that Nate dude he's a horrible sales associate.

Can I return these to a regular Allen Edmonds retail location?

Not likely that you can return to retail store, but worth a shot if you go in to try stuff on. For the heel slip, you can try toungue pads, that can help hold your foot down in the shoe. They should be able to give you some at the retail store. Loafers are difficult for a lot of people. Shoe bank will accept returns, but they started charging $10 restocking fee.

Reactions: wj4
I picked up the Baldwin denim from the collection, only to compare the quality versus my Baldwin's. I may keep if they're nice though.

Jeans, go check either gap or Levi's (508 or 521)

Slim but not too slim trousers (I assume that's what you're asking about) I'd check out Banana Republic. Especially when there's a 30-40% code out which normally floats around every other week or so.
If you're going with Levi 508 make sure you go two sizes up in length otherwise they'll fit like skinny jeans.

They sit so nicely over kicks though.. I def recommend.
Thanks guys

I thought this part was pretty funny.

You can wear Nikes and feel like the best version of yourself. But you can have on a Zara pant, right? And a girl walks in with the Celine version, and you feel like ****.

Just got back from checking out the GQ collection,went specifically for 3 things the Baldwin selvedge jeans,Bespoken tweed blazer,and the waxed cotton jacket from Ernest Alexander nothing left in my size, small and mediums left in the blazer and jacket,nothing larger than a 32 in the jeans...Some impressions though: the jeans were on par with other Gap selvedge which were on sale for 32$ so it seems like you're paying 66$ for the Baldwin name so nothing impressive there... The blazer seemed like decent quality for 118$ didn't have my size so I couldn't test the fit of it and also if I remember correctly it was double vented so not sure how I feel about that...Going to check a different Gap later today or tomorrow....

For $95? Not bad...

Also NYC heads might want to check this out this weekend...

trunk-show-2013-ny-fall.jpg

Kent Wang New York Trunk Show
September 25-28, 2013 · 11 am - 7 pm
225 W 28th St Unit 1  (Chelsea)
New York, NY 10001
917 386 4580 

Opening reception soirée
Wednesday, September 25 · 7 pm - 10 pm
Drinks will be served

Kent Wang will bring a variety of wares and conduct fittings for custom suitsshirts, and polos. Suit fabric swatches, including a new selection of fall/winter fabrics, and a full size range of both benchgrade and handgrade shoes will be present. Nearly everything we sell will be available for your perusal.

Please RSVP

Last edited:
Some impressions though: the jeans were on par with other Gap selvedge which were on sale for 32$ so it seems like you're paying 66$ for the Baldwin name so nothing impressive there...

Actually, that is pretty impressive. I mean the GAP jeans were on sale, so likely down from what, $70, $80? Then a collab jeans on par with GAPs selvedge jeans and at that price in retail isn't bad at all. If the jeans were twice the price of the retail of the GAP selvedge, then yes you are paying for the name but it seems like the Bespoken jeans retails for less than what GAP jeans retailed for so that seems like a good deal if quality is on par.

Aight my NT GQ SMOOVE RICO SUAVE bros...

for a dude that around 5'11, 194lbs and losing weight

what's a decent slim fit jeans that kinda cheap?

And in general who makes the best slim fit pants?

Not too slim tho...
Check out Uniqlo if you have one in your area. They have raw selvage denim for around $60 to $80 if I remember, great fit and great quality for the price. (on par with APC quality for half the price.) 

Last edited:
Actually, that is pretty impressive. I mean the GAP jeans were on sale, so likely down from what, $70, $80? Then a collab jeans on par with GAPs selvedge jeans and at that price in retail isn't bad at all. If the jeans were twice the price of the retail of the GAP selvedge, then yes you are paying for the name but it seems like the Bespoken jeans retails for less than what GAP jeans retailed for so that seems like a good deal if quality is on par.

Good point, I didn't really think of it that way..The original retail on the Gap selvedge was 98$ on sale for 49.99 with an additional 35% off so they came out to something like 32.49

Aight my NT GQ SMOOVE RICO SUAVE bros...
for a dude that around 5'11, 194lbs and losing weight
what's a decent slim fit jeans that kinda cheap?
And in general who makes the best slim fit pants?
Not too slim tho...

I like 508's and Dockers Alphas Original Slim. Are you a chunky 194 or a muscular 194. I'm sitting at 220-225 right now, an inch taller, 508's and Alpha's is all I wear aside from BR and LEC trousers.

That GapxGQ baseball jacket is looking nice, but availability and price is an issue.

Back
Top Bottom