Dressing Better Vol 2.0

the biker pants are $349 according to the post. $60 was for the sweater/sweatshirt that was above the pants.

the biker pants are $349 according to the post. $60 was for the sweater/sweatshirt that was above the pants.
I wonder how that will do. I do like the design though, but that price is way too high for H&M.

I recall the 'belt' leather jacket from the Margiela collab went on sale. Actually a lot of their stuff went on sale for 50% or more.

Today I realized I've been buying my chinos with the same inseam as my denim and ending up having to hem them. So I've been buying 34 inseam chinos and hemming them to a 32 instead of just buying a 32 to begin with :smh:

Havent been in this topic in forever but anyone here been messing with jobber pants?

Picked up some Publish and Zanerobe ones, very nice alternative to slim/skiny chinos and denim IMO.

Publish are so hard to find though, managed to grab my size and a good color (brown) from a site online.

Havent been in this topic in forever but anyone here been messing with jobber pants?

Picked up some Publish and Zanerobe ones, very nice alternative to slim/skiny chinos and denim IMO.

Publish are so hard to find though, managed to grab my size and a good color (brown) from a site online.
I got 2 pairs of Publish Jogger Pants and love them. They restocked a week or so ago I think sizes are still up. From their teaser pics, they are working with Harris Tweed now...looking forward to see the outcome.

H&M needs to stay in their lane...
The multi billion dollar lane? :lol:

It's a win/win for both sides. The typical H&M shopper would never pay retail prices for these high end brands, which often times are obscure and unknown to the public. If it wasn't for Kanye, TI and Asap Rocky, Margiela would still be a relatively unknown brand to the masses. The project gives exposure for the high end brand, and of course H&M gets to sell some interesting pieces.

I think every single collab has been successful. Mad folks lined up, and all that jazz.

Hit up PvtStock on Yonkers ave, right across from Argonaut Diner bro....he had a bunch...that's where I got my navy joints

You sized down for Publish? I bought the 32, they fit nice. Was falling a bit (no belt) near the end of my day, guess they stretched a tiny bit. I tried the 30 on in store and I was barely able to button it. I figure they would stretch out to how a 32 is when you first get em.

Im thinking as if they are denim that you have to size down and stretches but I shoudnt think that way?

They are sold out everywhere too still.

Last edited:
I got 2 pairs of Publish Jogger Pants and love them. They restocked a week or so ago I think sizes are still up. From their teaser pics, they are working with Harris Tweed now...looking forward to see the outcome.
The multi billion dollar lane? :lol:

It's a win/win for both sides. The typical H&M shopper would never pay retail prices for these high end brands, which often times are obscure and unknown to the public. If it wasn't for Kanye, TI and Asap Rocky, Margiela would still be a relatively unknown brand to the masses. The project gives exposure for the high end brand, and of course H&M gets to sell some interesting pieces.

I think every single collab has been successful. Mad folks lined up, and all that jazz.

Wis you smarter than that bro...McDonalds is worth more than H&M and ain't not one person gonna go to McDonald looking to spend 300$ on a dinner for 2.

A pair of pants with an H&M tag priced at almost 400$ is laughable.

You sized down for Publish? I bought the 32, they fit nice. Was falling a bit (no belt) near the end of my day, guess they stretched a tiny bit. I tried the 30 on in store and I was barely able to button it. I figure they would stretch out to how a 32 is when you first get em.

Im thinking as if they are denim that you have to size down and stretches but I shoudnt think that way?

Smallest size they had was a 32, I could definately fit into a 30 though...I think they run slightly big...or I'm just losing weight...lol

ONLY BC IM A HYPEBEAST.

BUT IM TRYING TO LOCK DOWN THEM 40TH ANNIVERSARY TIMBS THAT JUST DROPPED.

BOUT TO PAY A PREMIUM FOR A WHITE COLLAR AND A SPECIAL BOX.

ANY PLACE TO COP ONLINE.

KITH BEING CUTE AND DOING INSTORE AND I AINT TRYING TO GO TO BERGENLINE

WISITH WAS RIGHT.

iFAIL
Apparently the whole collection is getting released in-stores.

Waiting on super boot
nerd.gif

Whaaaat.

Them dudes wild overprice things, how much you cop for? Which colors they have, and did you size down bro?

They have them at 84$ but he sold them to me for 65$ not sure if that's a hookup or not, never heard of the brand till now, I've known the owner since before he had the store through his girl, she works in my hospital..lol

TTS, man. I took a size 30 in them, and I'm a 31 in J. Crew's 484 and 32 in Naked & Famous Skinny Guy. My true waist is a 32.

Wis you smarter than that bro...McDonalds is worth more than H&M and ain't not one person gonna go to McDonald looking to spend 300$ on a dinner for 2.

A pair of pants with an H&M tag priced at almost 400$ is laughable.
I love fashion, and business...so I love digging into stuff like this, man.

Apples to oranges, broham. Mickey D's is widely available worldwide (we will ignore the variation in menus, ie Beer is served in Mickey D's in certain region and there's pizza in Asia branches).

This collab will be limited to certain H&M locations.....simply put resellers will be present. When the Lanvin collection launched, a lot of the pieces sold out instantly. My cousin and a girl I was seeing wanted the necklace. There was no way I would've been able to get one because I refused to line up. They ended up getting on eBay and paid atrocious prices.

Let us also not forget that there are a lot of rich folks in countries that do not have H&M locations. They see this stuff on lookbook or wherever and wait to buy from a secondary market.

I try to look at things from a global perspective. The thirst is a lot more intense in other countries where they don't have access to stuff like this locally. If they can get the leather pants from this collection, they may be one of the few in the country and couldn't care less if they drop a $1k on it.

Girls love this 'high/low' fashion stuff where they mix in cheap pieces with expensive ones. This is why you see chick wear an outfit with a $10 H&M top and $10,000 bag. They will pay resale prices for the aesthetic purposes.

The project will be successful, I have no doubt in that. I also stated that the pants may go on sale, because you are correct...that price bracket is high for average H&M's consumers. A lot of the pieces from the Margiela line went on sale, but they also increased the production number by a lot. I wanted that patched up coat, but no way I was going to pay retail for H&M quality. I waited and got it for half off. I'm sure others felt the same, but there were folks who just wanted to cop period too.

It is also the only fast fashion brand doing collabs, which keeps things fresh and differentiate them from Topshop, F21, and Zara. They will definitely keep the collabs coming.

To us, it doesn't make sense. The resale prices they pay for the collab could've been used to get the real stuff at a discount, but hype sells. It's the same reason that DVD player sells on Black Friday when you knock it down $10 and label it as a door buster where as it's been sitting there collecting dust all year. Loved working on Black Friday in college btw :lol:

Last edited:
It's H&M man, H and **** M...the whole motto of the brand has been to be affordable fast fashion, now it's become a trend for high end designers to collabo with them, cool...I'm all for it, they are catering to resellers and not their core customers....so they retail them at 400$ next thing you know a reseller loss them for 600$, fam for 100$ More I can get a pair of Legit Balmain jeans....that ***** don't make no sense.....my point stands H&M STAY IN YOUR LANE.

Last edited:
They have them at 84$ but he sold them to me for 65$ not sure if that's a hookup or not, never heard of the brand till now, I've known the owner since before he had the store through his girl, she works in my hospital..lol

great deal.. retail is around $100 from publish's webstore

Just picked up the GAP x GQ Baldwin Selvedge jeans and these are DEFINATELY worth the price and much much better than the regular selvedge jeans that GAP puts out (being a current Gap employee, I can attest to this.) 

It's super rigid, heavy and fits me PERFECTLY all around which is kinda difficult cuz I have a small waist and above average leg muscle. 

The shawl grey cardigan, wool denim, tweed suit and tie were definately the other best choices from this collection.

Just picked up the GAP x GQ Baldwin Selvedge jeans and these are DEFINATELY worth the price and much much better than the regular selvedge jeans that GAP puts out (being a current Gap employee, I can attest to this.) 

It's super rigid, heavy and fits me PERFECTLY all around which is kinda difficult cuz I have a small waist and above average leg muscle. 

The shawl grey cardigan, wool denim, tweed suit and tie were definately the other best choices from this collection.

Hook it up with a NT Discount! :tongue:

They had a tweed suit in the collection?
I think it's just the blazer.

I'm curious to see if Publish can sustain its popularity. I don't think anyone expected the pants to sell like that. Their site crashed on both launches. Other pieces look mediocre to me though. I do give props that they hyped up the release for wayyy in advance :lol:

Fit is good, quality is decent, and customer service is superb.

Back
Top Bottom