Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yeah man I feel the exact same way as you do, regarding the whole competition and "look at me" deal. Tumblr has played a big part into that too, but there are a lot of quality tumblrs as well.

On the opposite spectrum, I notice menswear becoming a ton more gimmicky. I haven't really ran into other cats who brag about the limited release Aldens or anything lol but being that "getting dressed up" has become more acceptable for the club and such, sites like jackthreads now push the whole "gentleman" look at cheap prices. I am all for deals but the quality/construction of these hyped menswear pieces are straight basura. Then again in comparison, ain't that the problem with jays? :lol:

Either way, I'm happy to see people feel confident and what not when they throw on their attire but a couple dudes I know around my way shop solely from H&M and online sites copping wingtips and what not that are half plastic half who knows, and try to front like they are the best dressed anyone has ever seen. Like B, until you actually take the time to learn the subtleties of menswear and realize why quality construction > fast fashion crap, I can't really get down with your flavor-of-the-month-because-GQ-posted-something-similar-monk-straps.

Let that boy cook though I suppose :rolleyes

/rant

Last edited:
^Hope you keep posting in here because your pics are always dope 
pimp.gif
Nice pickup, great shot!

There are a few peeps in here who seem to have carried over that hypebeast mentality into the world of fine men's wear. More of that "I got this and it sold out, or.....your shoes are just entry level, mine cost much more...." etc etc... Hypebeasts growing up is inevitable but I just hope they don't ruin it here. Nobody really cares how much you paid for your piece or how rare it is. A lot of these people "brand flossing" look horrible while people on here thrifting with a great eye for style look great, you can't pay for a great sense of style. A great eye for what looks good is what inspires here. Not how rare or expensive your pieces are.

I really rarely see that here though.

hahahah thanks bro, such a beautiful shoe.... nothing better than a quality product for less than retail, my only regret was not getting the shoe trees, polish and brush... I'll grab them later, their site has so many accessories, some nice belts as well. :smokin

What settings are you using for these shots?
I'm a novice with a Canon T2i shooting on the stock lens. KSteez is telling me to cop a Tamron 28x55 but I got too many suits lined up first :\

hahahah thanks bro, such a beautiful shoe.... nothing better than a quality product for less than retail, my only regret was not getting the shoe trees, polish and brush... I'll grab them later, their site has so many accessories, some nice belts as well.
smokin.gif

Yeah I just used the AE Walnut polish on my strands for the first time. Darkened them up a bit and really brought out the colors. Definitely pick some of that up from their site.

What settings are you using for these shots?
I'm a novice with a Canon T2i shooting on the stock lens. KSteez is telling me to cop a Tamron 28x55 but I got too many suits lined up first :\

I have a T1i shooting with a 28-135mm lens and 580EX flash.. its the light doing all the work, this flash was life changing, been shooting for some time but still a amateur in my mind.

hahahah thanks bro, such a beautiful shoe.... nothing better than a quality product for less than retail, my only regret was not getting the shoe trees, polish and brush... I'll grab them later, their site has so many accessories, some nice belts as well. :smokin

Yeah I just used the AE Walnut polish on my strands for the first time. Darkened them up a bit and really brought out the colors. Definitely pick some of that up from their site.

Thanks for the advice, that is a must. I can see my self with a few pairs of AE shoes, plotting on the bourbons next, I wonder if the same sale will be applied during black Friday and maybe the Christmas season.

Bout to make me go home & take pix of mine.

To Hennesy and who else is looking into MTM: make sure you're really confidence about the numbers you send in. Get measured multiple times. Don't do it yourself. And don't have some normal run of the mill tailor measure you. They'll do it too loosely.

To Hennesy and who else is looking into MTM: make sure you're really confidence about the numbers you send in. Get measured multiple times. Don't do it yourself. And don't have some normal run of the mill tailor measure you. They'll do it too loosely.
Thanks. Repped.

I'm taking it very seriously so I can get at close to perfect as possible the first time. Liked Pinoy732's suggestion of taking note of any further alterations done at the tailor so they can be factored into TaT's process if there's a second suit to be ordered. My girl was a fashion so she is very familiar with clothing and measuring. Gonna have her do it for me. Will probably have another tailor do it too for good measure <--is that where that phrase "good measure" comes from? felt so natural in that sentence
roll.gif

Last edited:
Mind you that there will still be minor variation each time. I have probably 7 or 8 suits from TaT and all fit slightly differently and they're based off the same specs. Minor alterations may be required as they won't come out perfectly from the box.

The same goes for TOJ when I had like 6 leather jackets.

It's not like bespoke that you would go in for multiple fittings.

hahahah thanks bro, such a beautiful shoe.... nothing better than a quality product for less than retail, my only regret was not getting the shoe trees, polish and brush... I'll grab them later, their site has so many accessories, some nice belts as well.
smokin.gif

Gorgeous. Would love to see some on feet shots. 

Back
Top Bottom