Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I think thats a matter of opinion RFX, all depending on what you wear of course, I wear a lot more blues and browns than I do blacks, so these fit my wardrobe better, next color I plan to pick up is the brown.

I couldn't do black myself. Never wear it.

I'd do white or possibly navy when I'm ready to buy a high end pair of kicks.

Sneakers doesn't really work like dress shoes or boots though, when it comes to sneakers, black or white are the most versatile colors. Black sneakers are formal like dress shoes, they are still casual and pretty much goes with everything. Plenty of people have a hard time wearing navy sneakers, it clashes with some jean washes and really, blue sneakers with any blue pants or jeans just looks a bit redundant and doesn't work too well most of the time. Brown sneakers are even more difficult to wear, it doesn't lend itself the same way a brown dress shoe or bucks or boots versatility when it comes to sneakers.

At the end, you are right that it is personal preference but black and/or white is still truly the most versatile color when it comes to sneakers, not to mention they are the staple.

Last edited:
I don't know about that, I wear these with denim all the time, I've worn them with khakis, and chino also and they look good. I've seen your style, you wear lots of black, biker pants and jeans, sweaters and tops, I could see how they would work for you, all about preference I believe. Dope sneaker nonetheless.

Black and grey >>>>> anything excluding dress clothes. I force myself to wear different colors though so people don't think I'm emo

Last edited:
RFX PLEASE PM ME YOUR real name. Adrian said her cop me some yeezys or some cool stuff if I found out. Serious

What about light grey... or greys in general (I guess they may fall into the white category) But I think they're rather versatile as well

Last edited:
RFX PLEASE PM ME YOUR real name. Adrian said her cop me some yeezys or some cool stuff if I found out. Serious
His name is Timothy Lee. You're welcome.

J. Crew still has good stuff on sale. Picked up 2 ties and 2 pairs of socks with 40% off and an additional 15% off student discount. Came out to be $55.55 with tax included.

Went to BR and I really love these pieces. The waistcoat and camo sweaters look great. Been years since something from BR caught my attention.

But on the real, i need the black Lanvins. Navy as well.

My size gets raped when they're on sale though.

Why do some of y'all completely avoid black? I get it with suits but as a whole? It just seems so conservative and frankly boring to not have it in your wardrobe, just as almost exclusively wearing black isn't interesting IMO. "It's just my aesthetic." FOHWTBS

Why do some of y'all completely avoid black? I get it with suits but as a whole? It just seems so conservative and frankly boring to not have it in your wardrobe, just as almost exclusively wearing black isn't interesting IMO. "It's just my aesthetic." FOHWTBS
Agreed. Black is my favorite color :lol:

I just dropped $420 in J Crew. I get an email almost daily about a sale. No sales. No card member sales even. I feel like I'm doing it wrong lol. Should I not wear and try to buy everything on a sale? Experienced J Crew buyers please chime in.

I have never paid full price for anything j crew

So did what's his name get banned... It's been quiet

Last edited:
Btw, my freshmen year roommate was an exchange student from Nigerian on the bball team (6' 10" :wow: ). I consider that man family.
For real, Nigerians are the coolest, most respectful cats ever.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

charlie-murphy-hates-your-web-host.jpg

Sjahskakakkeks not to offend any Nigerian bros in here but my gf is half, so I'm gonna go ahead and agree with Tim lmao :rofl: the sheer degree of "I am better than you" that 85% of them at Pitt had MY GOD. You would think they were royalty and blessed you with their presence by just acknowledging you said hello FOH. Most were girls though there were a couple dudes with the attitude as well smh. Sorry for the mini rant :lol: back to DB

Damb, I must be in a bubble. All the Nigerians I know are cool in my book :\

As for da black. Nah B. "It's not my aesthetic" :lol:
For real doe. Catch me on the weekend. Likely in my Jcrew chukkas on white JPs. If not some loafer lol

I don't know about that, I wear these with denim all the time, I've worn them with khakis, and chino also and they look good. I've seen your style, you wear lots of black, biker pants and jeans, sweaters and tops, I could see how they would work for you, all about preference I believe. Dope sneaker nonetheless.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying navy won't work or ever look good but versatility-wise, black and white just trumps any color when it comes to sneakers.

And I actually wear colors a lot, they just aren't bright or shades that pop. I've also worn black sneakers with beige pants with a brown leather to go along with it as well and I am not sure a navy sneakers would really improve the look.

Back
Top Bottom