Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Took off work today, was nice getting back into casual clothes during the week

Great fit Wes! :pimp: I really like the cardigan! Did you have your LE cargos tapered? I feel like yours fit a lot more slim through the leg than mine do. I need to get mine tapered.

Last edited:
I have yet to buy an expensive belt. The most I paid was like $80. As long as the shade is close enough it's ok with me.
This cracks me up!
Yet to buy an expensive belt immediately followed by the fact that you bought an $80 belt.
I'm not counting your money or telling you how to spend it but I think a lot of people would agree that $80 is an expensive belt.

This cracks me up!
Yet to buy an expensive belt immediately followed by the fact that you bought an $80 belt.
I'm not counting your money or telling you how to spend it but I think a lot of people would agree that $80 is an expensive belt.
Hi there,

$80 is near mall brand level, ie J. Crew and BR. You can't even get a Tanner Goods workwear belt for that price. Better belts would be from AE, Carmina, etc. The calf will run over $100 and shell will be over $200 for sure. If you want to get really up there, there are exotic skins that will cost thousands.

Hope you understand the rankings now. $80 may seem a lot to a college student but for a quality belt, it's darn low.

Best,

WJ

Last edited:
50% off Banana Republic with REVEAL50, it's a cookie based offer so it will range anywhere from 25-50%

I haven't bought clothes due to being in the process of losing weight (20 pounds down already) but I have some events coming up that I would like better fitting clothes for, any ideas on something to wear with a 200ish budget? willing to go a little over

I'm liking this fit, do you think I'll get the discount in store too?

I rape the underwear/undershirt section at Marshalls, TJM, Ross :lol:. Got CK, RL, Hilfiger packages I havent even opened yet.

I'm hurt Wes. My LE cargos got caught on a loose nail at the bar over the weekend. Straight rip thru those joints. :rofl:

50% off Banana Republic with REVEAL50, it's a cookie based offer so it will range anywhere from 25-50%

I haven't bought clothes due to being in the process of losing weight (20 pounds down already) but I have some events coming up that I would like better fitting clothes for, any ideas on something to wear with a 200ish budget? willing to go a little over

I'm liking this fit, do you think I'll get the discount in store too?

what type of event are we talking about here? black tie gala or 5 year old nephew's birthday party or what?

Last edited:
I rape the underwear/undershirt section at Marshalls, TJM, Ross :lol:. Got CK, RL, Hilfiger packages I havent even opened yet.

I'm hurt Wes. My LE cargos got caught on a loose nail at the bar over the weekend. Straight rip thru those joints. :rofl:

:smh: I'd sue

what type of event are we talking about here? black tie gala or 5 year old nephew's birthday party or what?
definitely not a gala, a friend is throwing a party for her customers and hopefully land new business, not the fanciest of events so I was thinking the above fit would work.

if it is too attract business you wont be doing your friend any favors coming in super casual like that. suit up

I don't think he meant that he'll be wearing that fit to an event.

Shirt from CT came in today, with the free tie too :pimp: Thanks again for the link GetYaShinebox

This cracks me up!
Hi there,

$80 is near mall brand level, ie J. Crew and BR. You can't even get a Tanner Goods workwear belt for that price. Better belts would be from AE, Carmina, etc. The calf will run over $100 and shell will be over $200 for sure. If you want to get really up there, there are exotic skins that will cost thousands.

Hope you understand the rankings now. $80 may seem a lot to a college student but for a quality belt, it's darn low.

Best,

WJ

i almost responded like he did..then i realized the ae one is only $35 more and i bought a louis belt in my street wear days smh :lol:

Hi there,

Best,

WJ
First off I understand that better or more exotic leather would be more expensive than my $25 dockers belt.
Im not a college student living on a college student budget and still think that $80 is expensive.
If you meant for your reply to be helpful then I thank you. FWIW it came off as condescending.

First off I understand that better or more exotic leather would be more expensive than my $25 dockers belt.
Im not a college student living on a college student budget and still think that $80 is expensive.
If you meant for your reply to be helpful then I thank you. FWIW it came off as condescending.
Then you may have not been around long to see my posts then. I break bread with everyone and I'm proud in contributing to the success of this thread since its start years ago.

Again, we are talking around quality belts and not pleather or corrective grain stuff. I'm sure you'll spend more than $80 on a weekend going out to dinner, drink, etc.

Back
Top Bottom