Dressing Better Vol 2.0

The single vent on blazer is usually the norm.

In regards to double vented jacket, from my bespoke tailors, I've actually been told the following two things. Double vents are more flattering to the body regardless of the size of the person. It actually allows for the jacket to be brought in a bit more on the sides giving a slimmer silhouette and a better drape. The other reason they've given me is that a double vented jacket; at least in the world of bespoke, is usually a better made jacket. Their rationale is that many clothiers will only give the single vent option as a cost cutting measure; less fabric and less work.
Double vents is more flattering like you say because it allows for better drape. Single vent makes your buttock look bigger. This is something most guys try to avoid, especially if they already have a big behind.

Another reason is the trend of the time. I talked to a few folks from SF and they told me that the single vent was the youthful look when they were growing up since double vents were for their dads. This kind of explained why half the folks in CM almost had heart attacks when they saw 007 in single vent suits in the latest film.

^I'm gonna go with Takashi. :lol:

To the camo lovers, Cole Haan has some Lunargrands for you.

Here's the rest of the Spring 2014 collection:

Exclusive: Nike and Riccardo Tisci Announce Collaboration

We thought 2013 was a huge year for Riccardo Tisci—what with his CFDA International Award, the Met Gala, and his costumes for the Opera Garnier. But ‘14 is shaping up to be just as big. The Givenchy designer has exclusively revealed to Style.com that he has collaborated with Nike. The fruits of the partnership, which will bear the logo NIKE RT, will arrive in stores and on Nike.com this Spring. “For me, Nike represents a lot: my childhood, America,” Tisci said. “In Europe, America is the flag, McDonald’s, Marlboro, and Nike, for a kid it’s very important.” The respect goes both ways. “We were impressed by his vision,” Ian Ginoza, Nike’s Global Footwear Director, said. “I personally wear some of the t-shirts; that’s something that Riccardo does well, blurring the lines with street fashion.”

Neither Tisci nor Nike went into detail about the categories represented in the collaboration, but it’s safe to say that footwear will be a major part of it. Tisci has worn the same style of Nikes for 16 years. “When I got the call, it sounded so strong, so perfect for my DNA. It’s a big honor for me, especially because they’re always working with sports people,” he continued. Nike has partnered with the likes of the industrial designer Mark Newsom, the artist Tom Sachs, and (infamously) Kanye West, but it rarely collaborates with fashion designers. “I couldn’t bring them technology, instead I brought my style, what people like me for and what the young generation follows me for,” Tisci added. So what does it all look like? “It’s strong without being loud,” Tisci promised. This video portrait of the designer (below) may provide some more clues.

Last edited:

We thought 2013 was a huge year for Riccardo Tisci—what with his CFDA International Award, the Met Gala, and his costumes for the Opera Garnier. But ‘14 is shaping up to be just as big. The Givenchy designer has exclusively revealed to Style.com that he has collaborated with Nike. The fruits of the partnership, which will bear the logo NIKE RT, will arrive in stores and on Nike.com this Spring. “For me, Nike represents a lot: my childhood, America,” Tisci said. “In Europe, America is the flag, McDonald’s, Marlboro, and Nike, for a kid it’s very important.” The respect goes both ways. “We were impressed by his vision,” Ian Ginoza, Nike’s Global Footwear Director, said. “I personally wear some of the t-shirts; that’s something that Riccardo does well, blurring the lines with street fashion.”

Neither Tisci nor Nike went into detail about the categories represented in the collaboration, but it’s safe to say that footwear will be a major part of it. Tisci has worn the same style of Nikes for 16 years. “When I got the call, it sounded so strong, so perfect for my DNA. It’s a big honor for me, especially because they’re always working with sports people,” he continued. Nike has partnered with the likes of the industrial designer Mark Newsom, the artist Tom Sachs, and (infamously) Kanye West, but it rarely collaborates with fashion designers. “I couldn’t bring them technology, instead I brought my style, what people like me for and what the young generation follows me for,” Tisci added. So what does it all look like? “It’s strong without being loud,” Tisci promised. This video portrait of the designer (below) may provide some more clues.
Now Kanye doesn't have the answers.

Does anyone know how if Gap's original fit is slim?? I saw a pair of selvedge on sale online, but I wasn't sure of the fit...

LOL, Nike is petty for this, knowing Tisci is Kanye's mentor and close friend.

But very smart, in regards to getting a reputable name (in terms of established in fashion) to drop a NSW collab with. Knowing Nike, the Tisci collab will probably drop around September, right when YeXadidas is supposed to

Back
Top Bottom