Dressing Better Vol 2.0

this man just told me yesterday he hasnt bought clothes in months lol
It's true. I think the last items I bought were some on sale Epaulet shirts and a cardigan back in late October. I blame you guys for this, posting up that the fair isle sweater was $40. I just wanted to buy a Kitty calendar for 2014 at Barnes and Noble across the street.

That blackwatch J.Crew coat is killer. How much was it?
It was on sale for $440 then another 50% off then another 15% off. I think it was like $195-197 on the receipt before tax. There are sizes up on the website, but I'm not sure if they're doing the additional 50% off online. Worst case is bring it to a local store to do a return and re-buy with the discount in-store.

It is a weird set up though...patch pockets with double vents. For such a casual look and fabric, I would've opted for a single. However, at this price point, I'm not complaining.

Last edited:
Buy the matching pants. Would make for a killer suit.
I would if I don't already have 2 pairs of black watch trousers, one from J. Crew and other from Epaulet. Either way, I plan on wearing the jacket with the trousers soon. The different hues should be interesting.

Picked up these shorts and this scarf from j crew. The shorts were only $7 and the scarf was like $15 I think. Also finally got my Daniel Wellington in and got a j crew watch strap for it :smile:

^Nice. I ordered with the sale online and they left the security tag on one of my shirts so I gotta go in store tomorrow n get that removed. Gonna be tempted to buy more smh.

I'm going back to J crew to get my pants tailored.

The 29 is my waist but I have athletic thighs, so it felt a little tight there and in the butt area.
So I brought the 30 and got it hemmed but I need the back of the thigh area to be taken in a little and also slim the whole leg in a quarter of an inch.

I want to know what type of alteration I can get to

I got the 30 because it seems universal people rather have pants taken in than taken out.

I'm going back to J crew to get my pants tailored.

The 29 is my waist but I have athletic thighs, so it felt a little tight there and in the butt area.
So I brought the 30 and got it hemmed but I need the back of the thigh area to be taken in a little and also slim the whole leg in a quarter of an inch.

I want to know what type of alteration I can get to

I got the 30 because it seems universal people rather have pants taken in than taken out.
Not all pants can be let out. If they don't have fabric built inside the waist band, then they can't. Usually cheaper ones don't have this. All pants, however, can be taken in. With that said, I would go with the size that fits you best on the thighs and rear, even if you have to size up.

Why use the J. Crew tailor? I believe they only provide basic tailoring services for free. Tapering legs or basically recutting the pants would not qualify.

Also, make sure the juice is worth the squeeze unless you really like those pants. J. Crew's construction isn't the best, but they're great when on deep discount. I'm not sure if you would like to pay $20 for a pair of pants and spend $60 recutting it. This is of course an extreme example, one of mine actually :lol:

Tempted to grab this W+H blazer and trousers at 60% off. Only thing holding me back is the blend - 72% wool, 12% polyester, 7% nylon, 6% linen, 3% acrylic. My cheap, black H&M suit aside, I really dislike polyester. $450 for the entire getup though - I feel like it would be a cool look when paired with some white CP's and a t-shirt or something. We'll see.

That does look nice but $450 I cant do when I am still in search for some casual shoes to wear with chinos/trousers and suits.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom