Dressing Better Vol 2.0

My 2 cents.

I've known Adrian since he was a young pup in the DBNT thread. He used to ask me questions all the time about shoes and suits. He continued to teach himself on different aesthetics and history of fashion. His interest continued to evolve. He used to say that he can't see himself dropping $$$ on sneakers, and eventually went on to cop quite a few lux pairs. At this point, he's probably the most enthusiast one in the thread. This is the guy that would relocate tomorrow to Paris to work for a major fashion house. I have no doubt that he would eventually make the jump from accounting to be on the creative side sooner or later at a fashion house.

He may talk like he has a chip on his shoulders because he's only 23, and comes off rude at times. And he's probably the only one who does things on both sides, the menswear and streetwear. This is why he gets 'aimed at a lot'. But also...it's NT...typical slick comments are common.

Truth be told, his sense in fashion is pretty dope. But it's something that the fashion crowd would be only able to appreciate. I showed the picture of the stacked denim and Chelsea boots to my girl, and she thought it was a picture of a girl. Like most hobbies/interests, when you're really into it, the average person can't really appreciate it. Cars used to be a big interest of mine, still is but not really into modding anymore. When I see a nicely done car, be it aggressive stance on high quality wheels or whatever...I would point it out to my friends who aren't into cars, and they would say 'it's a nice BMW I guess" because they aren't into it. The same is true for sneakers, music, etc. If you post pictures of 'heat' kicks, the entire retro and Jordan sections would probably go nuts, but to a random person...it's just a pair of sneakers.

Last edited:
Some good deals right now on Barneyswarehouse.

I'm not the biggest fan of his music, but I love this varsity. Price is really good too. If I didn't have a varsity already, I'd cop in a heartbeat. Still semi tempted actually. Love the red and blue colors on black, reminds me of a cover of a game or movie poster from the 80s and 90s.

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/surface-to-air-kavinsky-varsity-jacket-503719622.html

Better pics: http://www.highsnobiety.com/2014/03/26/surface-to-air-kavinsky-varsity-jacket/

If you want some jeans with excessive taper, these are great: https://www.barneyswarehouse.com/search?q=naked famous stacked

I personally love the fit. Rise is a bit high so it creates a slight sag. Thigh area is loose enough to house items in. If you have the Skinny Guy, size one down. If you have the J. Crew 484, go with the same size.

I'm 5'10" at 160-165 lbs, true waist is 32" (that's a measuring tape around the belly button all around), shoot 3s and play no defense, I take a 32" in Skinny Guy, and I take a 31" in these and J. Crew 484. Could've gone with a size 32 too, but would be too loose around the waist, but other areas are fine.

Chelsea boots don't require super skinny jeans. It can look pretty good with looser fitting jeans.

No need to straight copy the whole SL look.

Here's some of how I wear mine.

Some good deals right now on Barneyswarehouse.

I'm not the biggest fan of his music, but I love this varsity. Price is really good too. If I didn't have a varsity already, I'd cop in a heartbeat. Still semi tempted actually. Love the red and blue colors on black, reminds me of a cover of a game or movie poster from the 80s and 90s.

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/surface-to-air-kavinsky-varsity-jacket-503719622.html

Better pics: http://www.highsnobiety.com/2014/03/26/surface-to-air-kavinsky-varsity-jacket/

If you want some jeans with excessive taper, these are great: https://www.barneyswarehouse.com/search?q=naked famous stacked

I personally love the fit. Rise is a bit high so it creates a slight sag. Thigh area is loose enough to house items in. If you have the Skinny Guy, size one down. If you have the J. Crew 484, go with the same size.

I'm 5'10" at 160-165 lbs, true waist is 32" (that's a measuring tape around the belly button all around), shoot 3s and play no defense, I take a 32" in Skinny Guy, and I take a 31" in these and J. Crew 484. Could've gone with a size 32 too, but would be too loose around the waist, but other areas are fine.

These are the types of posts I enjoy.
Always coming through with some dope deals.
Not 10 pages of why some of you cats enjoy heels.

I'm kinda feeling this varsity. Would've been an instant cop if it just had the K on the front. Not sure I'm feeling Kavinsky written on the back.

I did see your chelseas post and two of the pics were cool. I'm not even going to hate on the whole trend though. Some things just aren't part of my aesthetic and Chelsea heels is one of them. Yall dudes keep flourishing.

Last edited:
You low key guilty of it too with this post.

You right though, steezy should've just called you out rather than act like he was generally speaking.

Lmaooo mannnnn last thing I am is one to beat around the bush with A and he knows it, but I WAS generally speaking because he's not the only one....we got a handful of NTers that been Ye-staning heavy....however that's not an insult, I've always though Ye to be a great fashion influence for the most part....is when dudes start acting as if they are better than to be influenced by Ye that I have to be like STOP IT FOOL.

A has owned his Ye-Stanin plenty...lol

Chelsea's aren't a new thing. Have they rose in popularity recently? Yes. The Beatles were rocking black chelsea's in the 60s and the boot was a fixture before then and after in the UK. Attributing the rise in popularity to the boot to Kanye is silly. Chelsea's have always been popular and have been a staple item carried by mostly all major menswear shoe brands for years.

Are there some chelsea's that in my opinion are shaped a bit too much like a woman's boot? Yes. It's about the last, the heel height and the way you wear them. You won't find me wearing a chelsea boot that I may consider to feminine looking. Nor would you see me wearing them with skin tight denim or trousers, which is, in my opinion what makes them look feminine more than anything else.

For the record, I own 3 pairs.

Black (Loake), Brown Suede (Meermin) and Snuff Suede (Meermin). Wore the Snuff pair yesterday to my birthday gathering with some of the guys from here.

See this is silly.

Ye not responsible for bringing Chelsea's mainstream?....Ye not responsible for JP owning a pair of Chelsea's up until a month ago?...hell even I'm intrigued and been considering coppin a pair to rock with some light washed jeans...I blame Ye....but I have hot toys to purchase.

Dude talmbout The Beattles....lol....yes they been on Chelsea's and is safe to say Kanye is heavily influenced by them, that era and even British fashion nowadays...

He didn't make them a staple, but the man gave them a big spike in popularity in the recent months...dude is Midas when it comes to fashion, some of you guys HATE to admit it

what i really am interested to see is how the crowd is transitioning to looser fitting clothes

See this is silly.

Ye not responsible for bringing Chelsea's mainstream?....Ye not responsible for JP owning a pair of Chelsea's up until a month ago?...hell even I'm intrigued and been considering coppin a pair to rock with some light washed jeans...I blame Ye....but I have hot toys to purchase.

Dude talmbout The Beattles....lol....yes they been on Chelsea's and is safe to say Kanye is heavily influenced by them, that era and even British fashion nowadays...

He didn't make them a staple, but the man gave them a big spike in popularity in the recent months...dude is Midas when it comes to fashion, some of you guys HATE to admit it
me copping chelsea's has nothing to do with kanye. I've been asking adrian, sera, and even wis to link me to a tan chelsea for over a year.

Story et fall gave me something in my price range and quality.

this dude wanna fire shots on NT but don't wanna talk in our group chat.

me copping chelsea's has nothing to do with kanye. I've been asking adrian, sera, and even wis to link me to a tan chelsea for over a year.

Story et fall gave me something in my price range and quality.

this dude wanna fire shots on NT but don't wanna talk in our group chat.

JP bruh....there is nothing wrong with it...why do people think me saying you Ye-stanin is an insult?...majority of us have Ye-stanned...I was on Ye's Jock heavvyyyy during the Amber Rose era...

JP bruh....there is nothing wrong with it...why do people think me saying you Ye-stanin is an insult?...majority of us have Ye-stanned...I was on Ye's Jock heavvyyyy during the Amber Rose era...
errrrrr bc me wanting chelsea boots has zero to do w kanye.

you've been talked to about this multiple times how your assumptions are self-centered and condescending.

me wanting the easy boosts knowing damb well they're just a roshe run w boost sole... that me Ye-stanning. and yes i will have those black easy boosts.

theres a difference 

Y'all ever stop and wonder why most arguments in this thread revolve around Adrian? :lol:

Y'all ever stop and wonder why most arguments in this thread revolve around Adrian?
laugh.gif
in terms of the thread or just the regulars?

in terms of the thread, i assume its bc he's been the most open in terms of posting photos.

in terms of the regulars, elkin and adrian have an ongoing beef.

they actually got into a fight at that 4th of july bbq.

hands were thrown

Back
Top Bottom