Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Today:
We also had a discussion about whether or not navy goes with black...hard to tell but suit is navy, and shoes are black. I used to dislike the combo, but now I really like it.

Was debating between wearing a Navy Suit or my Gray suit for tomorrow's parent association meeting, I think I'll be going with a navy suit...trying to demonstrate the versatility of a navy suit as well. The trousers from the post earlier today are the trousers for the navy suit. I'll bust out the gray bespoke suit for Parent Teacher Conference on Thursday.

On a side note; very nice!

Any problems where the sole is just turning yellow from constant wear and cleaning? I'd like to wear them more often, but I can already see the sole losing its color.

Naw, not yet that Bleach White x Magic Eraser collab I use is the truth.

No yellowing yet but I will say my oldest pair are about a year old and no one pair gets much play. So my rotation is big.

Today:

We also had a discussion about whether or not navy goes with black...hard to tell but suit is navy, and shoes are black. I used to dislike the combo, but now I really like it.

Looks good to me, but the suit is pretty dark

Are those Allen Edmonds?

Navy and black goes very well together, navy is one of the very few colors black can go with actually. Black shoes/boots with denim is a staple.

Yeah when he said there was a discussion I was shocked. My mom always said white and black goes with anything.

anyone taking advantage of bluefly's anniversary sale?

Sidenote: I was just looking at a pair of jeans and realized the model went to my high school.

Last edited:
Looking for either Alpha Khaki's or Levi's (508/514)...

This color, non-cargo... :nerd:
scoop the dockers version of these in canada for $22 :pimp:

that suit is one of the cleanest looks I've seen from you, wj4.

BUT, there's always something off in most of your other outfits like RFX said. Your pants aren't tapered enough for the double-cuffed look. It gives your pants a straight fit (sometimes a slight flare when not cuffed). When your pants aren't double cuffed, they look great for the most part. (like the suit, or the jeans you have on your blog). Some of your shoes are just too bulky for your outfits as well.

It seems you're trying to go for the trad look + the modern look, but mixing up the "rules" is really taking away from your outfits.

Last edited:
In keeping with the leopard theme.. I've kind of gone my own direction in this thread. :lol: #kanyeshrug
These came in today. 3 days from Hong Kong to SF.. What kind of sorcery is this??

should I do it??
How much are those? I want a pair!

I love those shipping times. My shoes usually come from England in 2 business days, same with the ToJ jackets from ROK.

Looks good to me, but the suit is pretty dark
Are those Allen Edmonds?
Shoes are Crockett & Jones. Suit is indeed dark. I have 3 suits that are navy, all are different hues, ranging from nearly royal to midnight (what you see in the picture).

that suit is one of the cleanest looks I've seen from you, wj4.
BUT, there's always something off in most of your other outfits like RFX said. Your pants aren't tapered enough for the double-cuffed look. It gives your pants a straight fit (sometimes a slight flare when not cuffed). When your pants aren't double cuffed, they look great for the most part. (like the suit, or the jeans you have on your blog). Some of your shoes are just too bulky for your outfits as well.
It seems you're trying to go for the trad look + the modern look, but mixing up the "rules" is really taking away from your outfits.
Most of my trousers have 7.5" leg openings, which is slim. I have a pair with 7" leg openings and those are just too slim for my taste. I can't even roll them up to put on my socks because they'll get stuck around my calves.

I acknowledge the rules, but I rarely follow them, my man. The only elongated shoes are my dress shoes, the others, such as my Aldens and Tricker's, are more bulbous. I'm not sure what you mean when you stated some of the shoes are too bulky for my outfits. You surely expect rugged and country shoes/boots to be bulky because they are not meant to have a flattering shape to compliment dress trousers.

I've developed my own aesthetic that I'm pleased with and that's what I'm rocking with. I do agree that I don't really fit in one section, not in either SWD (for the most part) and surely not MC.

Also, the suits and jeans are not cuffed because well the dress trousers are usually wool or a light fabric so the cuffs would be awkward, though I have several with permanent cuffs in place....will break those out soon! :smile: Some of my chinos look weird cuffed because they are heavyweighed chinos, around 10 oz, which is pretty much the standard denim weight. I agree with this, on some pictures I do wonder why they appear that way, but it is because of their stiff nature.

I am not going for any particular look. I just dress like how I like, man, albeit I have my inspirations that come from throughout the world and eras.

I appreciate your input BTW.

Last edited:
Also, the first challenge ends this Friday, gents. The participation was great, even RFX got in...although I was disappointed of the Mickey D's backdrop, I expected some baller place that serves $1,000 champagne bottles. I'll need to wait until Friday because I can join one last time :lol:

anyone taking advantage of bluefly's anniversary sale?
Sidenote: I was just looking at a pair of jeans and realized the model went to my high school.

Uh yeah i see the shoes I bought a day ago are on sale they better adjust in the am. when I call or there is going to be smoke in the city

Last edited:
Bro, this sounds like a dude with a thick Mexican accent trying to say James Bond
laugh.gif
Not trying to pick up issues with anyone FYI before anyone gets sensitive.
roll.gif

Any info on where I can find a nautical sweater?

THANKS FOR THE REMINDER ABOUT BLUEFLY.

USED THE FIRST TIME BUYERS DISCOUNT & COPPED MY FIRST PAIR OF LANVIN SNEAKERS.

IVE BEEN WANTING A PAIR SINCE RFX POSTED.

I LOVE THE COMBO OF SUEDE AND PATENT LEATHER.

HOPEFULLY MY ORDER DOESNT GET CANCELLED SINCE IT WAS THE LAST ONE

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!

Is it okay to wear fair isle sweaters after Christmas, or are they more of a seasonal item?
I wear them during fall/winter. I started wearing them already :lol: I love the pattern. Will continue to wear until April or so.

has anyone seen this shirt in the LA/OC area? i'm trying to find by tomorrow so i can use the coupon! 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
can you guys recommend some jeans? ive been nothing but levis 511s for the past 4 years and now ive been having to size up a little bit so a lot of my older jeans are too tight:smh: didnt even gain more than 5-10lbs of weight....

my main issue here is besides sizin up in 511s i wanna deviate from levis and look into other similar fitting jeans, can anyone point me in the right direction? ik raw jeans and stuff but im broke at the moment (college,rent) but if anythin i dont know where i would try them on since ive only seen them online

but any other brands that have quality jeans that are a little bit looser than 511s but not much would be great or just similar fitting jeans

Back
Top Bottom