Dressing Better Vol 2.0

here's the difference between 3.5 and 3" grenadine. suit lapels are 3.25 peak

got forest green too. love it.
Thanks man! Would you say that the forest green or grey glen plaid would be appropriate for interviews in finance/banking? Or would a burgundy/red be more appropriate?

Thanks again for your help, you always give me awesome information.

Last edited:
Technically a grey glenplaid is considered a "wedding" tie but I have no preference on the matter (though I did wear it to a wedding of a DBNTer lol)

I think that would be a great and more importantly appropriate tie for the interview. Also if the two winning grenadine options in your book are forest green and burgundy, my vote definitely goes to green. At one point I had navy, green, brown, and burgundy in grenadine options but eventually sold the burgundy as it just did not get much wear. For additional ties (at a slight price bump) I highly recommend Conrad Wu. Particularly their foulard/schappe options in my opinion are best for work/interview situations versus a striped option. If my job required suits (or even business casual) my wardrobe would be stocked between foulards and grenadines lol.

Best of luck in your interviews !

With jeans, don't baby them too much. Just throw them in the washer. Never heard of cleaning your jeans with q-tips.

If curried mutton or jerk hot wing sauce splashes/flicks on to your light wash Balmain denim, leaving small dotted yellow/brown but very visible and unsightly stains/marks, you will want to take care in the removal of the stains, as to not ruin an expensive, nice pair of jeans. I suggest..

Getting a strong safe, stain remover, a pack of Q tips and a small container.

Start by filling the container with a small amount of hot (not boiling) water, then proceed to mix/dilute the appropriate amount of stain remover with the water. (I prefer a strong solution)

Proceed to then soak a Q tip in the mixture, then begin to gently apply/rub the areas of denim effected by the dirt/stains with the Q tip, moving in the same direction as the fabric, when you can see that the Q tip has absorbed as much of the dirt/stains as possible and is now dirty, dispose of it and move onto the next clean Q tip, once you have gone through enough Q tips and you feel as though you have removed as much of the dirt/stains as possible, leave the denim to dry, once dried inspect the treated areas for any remaining dirt/stains, repeat as/if necessary. For best results, try not to remove the dirt/stains in one sitting but rather over a few applications.

This is a tried and tested, effective means of cleaning isolated stains, I have personally used this method with flawless results, call it what you want, the Q tips make for very precise cleaning/removal of dirt/stains, they are good for absorption of the stains and are disposable, paired with the right stain remover and patience you can bring the denim back to looking like new.

I out sourced this simple job to a "professional" that does this job for a living and they screwed up the denim entirely.

Go figure. |I

It is also not good to keep throwing your denim in the washer.

Last edited:
They're jeans though. Just put them in the washer once in a while if they get something on them or start to smell funky. I dunno, I don't own jeans that expensive.

Last edited:
here's the difference between 3.5 and 3" grenadine. suit lapels are 3.25 peak

got forest green too. love it.

I legit don't see a difference, the untrained eye is a *****

Does anyone have the old and new JE denim? Trying to figure out what size to get today. I guess they changed the cut?

Does anyone have the old and new JE denim? Trying to figure out what size to get today. I guess they changed the cut?

You talking about the cast denim? I remember someone in the je thread on style forum a day or two ago posting about sizing.

Would buying the JE Escobar sweatpants off of the Revolve app and using the 15% disco code be my best option in terms of getting a good price right now? Would appreciate someone pointing me to a better alternative, if one exists.

Also, what are some other sweatpants that you guys like? The fit on the Escobars is great, but would love to hear you guys' thoughts. 

Would buying the JE Escobar sweatpants off of the Revolve app and using the 15% disco code be my best option in terms of getting a good price right now? Would appreciate someone pointing me to a better alternative, if one exists.

Also, what are some other sweatpants that you guys like? The fit on the Escobars is great, but would love to hear you guys' thoughts. 
i mean u can wait until next thanksgiving.

but yea thats probably the "best deal" for now 

You talking about the cast denim? I remember someone in the je thread on style forum a day or two ago posting about sizing.

Forgot about the thread on style forum. I'm talking about the jeans that come out today. I haven't checked out any new JE stuff in a minute but the new capsule collection is sick. Seems like the new jeans run smaller so I'll size up one but I was wondering if anyone had both to compare.

Last edited:
i think these jeans are more like the old jeans since the new jeans have stretch and these don't 

Good looks. I grabbed the same size I have in my non-stretch Cast/Coast. Hopefully that works out since these sold out almost instantly, damn.

I've been looking for some light washed denim for under $200. I've been waiting on ssense to put these APC's on sale, but it seems like its never going to happen. I'm also a fan of the R&B distressed denim.

Any deals, steals, etc for something similar? :nerd:

edit:

Let me rephrase that...

I've been looking for some light washed denim for under $200 via sale (but similar brands such as APC)

Last edited:
Des any interest on the nudies on the SSense sale?

https://www.ssense.com/en-gb/men/product/nudie-jeans/blue-lean-dean-jeans/1281363
https://www.ssense.com/en-gb/men/product/nudie-jeans/blue-tube-tom-jeans/1281483
https://www.ssense.com/en-gb/men/product/nudie-jeans/blue-tight-long-john-jeans/1281513

If between the two RB you posted above, the first is awful. Go with the second. I personally have a wash very very similar to the second pair but sans the distressing. Actually wearing right now lol

Des any interest on the nudies on the SSense sale?

https://www.ssense.com/en-gb/men/product/nudie-jeans/blue-lean-dean-jeans/1281363
https://www.ssense.com/en-gb/men/product/nudie-jeans/blue-tube-tom-jeans/1281483
https://www.ssense.com/en-gb/men/product/nudie-jeans/blue-tight-long-john-jeans/1281513

If between the two RB you posted above, the first is awful. Go with the second. I personally have a wash very very similar to the second pair but sans the distressing. Actually wearing right now lol

didn't see these at first. the blue tube tom jeans may be the pair i cop. that 62% off is pretty damn solid. the way they looked on the ssense model made them look kinda weird :lol: . i found some more pics of them and they look a little more like what i was looking for.

i'm going to keep searching before copping, though.

preciate the help

Last edited:
no doubt. if interested in waxed denim, the stacked guy pair from N&F is $73 on SSENSE.

def a great deal.

Fellas, I'm thinking of copping the below blazer from Zara (poor quality I know) but the price point and design is close to what I want.

You guys know anywhere I can find something comparable but maybe a little better quality?

Back
Top Bottom