Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Was/is there a line for this? I may stop by tomorrow just to see what the buzz is about. Doubt I'll buy anything though.
asked my gf to check it out for me and there wasnt much left. 1 pair of sneakers in an 11.5 and not much else. she told me the cashier said of bunch of people can in at opening and bought multiples of everything to resell probably

i need to get an updated picture of my wardrobe....its my pride and joy, built it myself from scratch into our wall with sliding doors and drawers...lol:D
Pics, man! Some of the ballers in MC section of SF were posting up the blueprint to the house and talking about redoing a section for a walk in closet :lol:

I think when I own a home, I will probably have to allocate a whole room to my set up (well half with my sig other).

asked my gf to check it out for me and there wasnt much left. 1 pair of sneakers in an 11.5 and not much else. she told me the cashier said of bunch of people can in at opening and bought multiples of everything to resell probably
Wouldn't doubt it, man. With time being such a luxury to me now, there is absolutely no way I would line up for anything anymore.

mines is tiny, no walk in, wish i had the space, i had two regular closets set up on one side of our bedroom, knocked them both down and built an outter shell to the dimensions of two ikea wardrobes, the whole process took me a month and went through hell and back trying to get things right, but it was worth it, hopefully itll be a good selling point when i sell the aprtment.

some pics of the process, i posted these in the post your room thread a while back...

what it once was...
6934104923_a85096a356_b.jpg

shell
6934099443_5f5d3532ed_b.jpg

my wife's side
6934094941_7bdae22645_b.jpg

finished project
6787980734_c840d6f7cc_b.jpg

my side
6787979072_8f04521d38_b.jpg

6934088925_3be54ee5fa_b.jpg

these are old and pictures emphasize more on the wardrobes than the actual clothes in them....ill try to get some updated pics....if you have the budget, build your own closet, feelsgoodman.

Last edited:
:lol: I see the pull up bar, my man!

I think my next purchase is going to be this NorthFace jacket. It would come in handy for an easy fix to fight the cold.

_7026035.jpg

8) I like your set-up. I think my brother has that closet too IIRC minus the shoe rack.

8) I like your set-up. I think my brother has that closet too IIRC minus the shoe rack.

:pimp:

you dont have to break walls to have this, since is a wardrobe and can be placed anywhere in the room...ikea has some nice examples..

For those who's been around this thread for a good while now, have your style changed and/or have you developed your own style to the point where you don't need any guidelines now?

I'm curious to know. When I first switched up my style, I relied on whatever GQ and the likes said until I found my own look.

Also, regarding women's shoes...this wasn't my first time :lol: I bought those white/pink AJ 12 low tops back in 2003 or 2004. Felt pretty weird going into Lady's Footlocker and asking for a 10.5, though they did have it. I also came close to getting some black patent/pink AF1 low tops back in high school, but couldn't find my size :lol:

this thread has helped me tons in understanding suits, i had no clue there was a correlation between the width of your tie and the lapels on your jacket....lmao

Big job inerview coming up this tuesday so this will be my my first time "Dressing Better." Im ballin on a budget though being unemployed and what not so I think Im gonna hit up Marshalls and look for a nice shirt and tie. Ill post some pics soon

Word! Mister is blowing up right now! I've been seeing a lot of good pub on them lately which is so dope. Most def a dope place to be interning. Cant go wrong with any of their pieces to be honest.

Yeah, I heard a lot of people back in SJ have been wearing it. A few friends said that they saw it at random places (hookah lounges, etc) One of my boys even wore the Mr. Paisley to Playhouse & started a convo with one of my friends (a girl) and they started talking because she was like Isn't that Mister?… My friend interns there. Wish I knew about them back in 2010 though. Tom was killing it with those vests, varsities, overshirts, & that Harrington jacket. :smokin

For those who's been around this thread for a good while now, have your style changed and/or have you developed your own style to the point where you don't need any guidelines now?
I'm curious to know. When I first switched up my style, I relied on whatever GQ and the likes said until I found my own look.

My "change" in style started when I found this thread, which referenced thestyleblogger.com quite a few times, which then led me to following tsb aka tsbmen.com now. Simply it went from street wear to a more mature look for those days outside of work and my work look went from just throwing on some dress pants and a shirt on and calling it being professionally dressed, hell I wouldn't even tuck in my shirts half the time. I like to define my style simply as close to classic as I can get it too. I'm not into the flashy and prefer items that I can wear up or down, with different combinations, although my wardrobe is not minimalist by any means, it's still in the classic realm.

The thread along with TSB honestly more than anything brought in the guideline of fit. I think too many men think that something fitting properly is being 1-2 sizes too big, while we've seen through here that fitting properly is something that flatters your body. I'm not small by any means, but the difference between wearing a properly fitting blazer or shirt versus a blazer or shirt that is 1-2 sizes too big, is the difference between looking 10-15 pounds heavier.

I have a pair and I personally really like them. They are snug at first but after a couple of wears they loosen up, especially in the thighs. Will definitely be getting another soon.

I am currently wearing the black ones. The guy at the store told me the same thing. I trusted him and it worked out great.

The GF thinks my crotch shows off too much so she isn't happy but I still rock them. 8)

All suits from the film were made by Tom Ford.
w8430n.jpg

I've been lusting for a navy tux for a long time now, I like Prorsum version from a few years back and was so close to getting it but it simply will not get much use.
2bqpfa.jpg

Chris Pine was wearing one a year or two back also.
2ibbxaw.jpg

I've wanted that Tom Ford suit for awhile now. If I get married it may have to be in that suit. Hopefully in a year or so it will be cheaper or still around.

Chris Pine didn't rock it well. Too much blue 8)

My "change" in style started when I found this thread, which referenced thestyleblogger.com quite a few times, which then led me to following tsb aka tsbmen.com now. Simply it went from street wear to a more mature look for those days outside of work and my work look went from just throwing on some dress pants and a shirt on and calling it being professionally dressed, hell I wouldn't even tuck in my shirts half the time. I like to define my style simply as close to classic as I can get it too. I'm not into the flashy and prefer items that I can wear up or down, with different combinations, although my wardrobe is not minimalist by any means, it's still in the classic realm.
The thread along with TSB honestly more than anything brought in the guideline of fit. I think too many men think that something fitting properly is being 1-2 sizes too big, while we've seen through here that fitting properly is something that flatters your body. I'm not small by any means, but the difference between wearing a properly fitting blazer or shirt versus a blazer or shirt that is 1-2 sizes too big, is the difference between looking 10-15 pounds heavier.

great to see you still posting every now and then fam!

mines is tiny, no walk in, wish i had the space, i had two regular closets set up on one side of our bedroom, knocked them both down and built an outter shell to the dimensions of two ikea wardrobes, the whole process took me a month and went through hell and back trying to get things right, but it was worth it, hopefully itll be a good selling point when i sell the aprtment.
some pics of the process, i posted these in the post your room thread a while back...
what it once was...
6934104923_a85096a356_b.jpg

shell
6934099443_5f5d3532ed_b.jpg

my wife's side
6934094941_7bdae22645_b.jpg

finished project
6787980734_c840d6f7cc_b.jpg

my side
6787979072_8f04521d38_b.jpg

6934088925_3be54ee5fa_b.jpg

these are old and pictures emphasize more on the wardrobes than the actual clothes in them....ill try to get some updated pics....if you have the budget, build your own closet, feelsgoodman.

Hey how is the quality on ikea stuff?

https://www.refinery29.com/shops/club-monaco-voucher.html?

$100 worth of goods at Clubmonaco for $50

*To redeem in full, voucher must be redeemed by February 28, 2013. After February 28, 2013, amount paid for voucher redeemable as online store credit.
Voucher redeemable only for online purchases at www.clubmonaco.com.
Voucher not valid for purchase of gift cards.
Club Monaco will issue an exchange for items purchased with a voucher within 30 days of receipt of order. 

Vouchers are non-refundable and must be redeemed in full during a single transaction, unless otherwise required by law. No credits will be issued for partial use. 

Tax not included. Voucher may not be applied towards tax or shipping costs. 

Customers may purchase up to 2 vouchers. Only one voucher per transaction and cannot be combined with any other offer.
Offer only valid in the USA.

Headed to NYC 11/27....

What are some good boots that aren't like super winter like for a guy who lives in CA and only visists the east coast a couple of times of year (one in fall, usually)?

Cop some red wings

or if u wanna fancy it up a bit some brogue boots w a vibram sole

or those clarks desert boots w commando soles.

it shouldnt be too wet in the city yet

Back
Top Bottom