Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Sale on jcrew bruhs

i ordered from them when it was 20% off and free shipping after you reached $100.

next day i got this email for 30% off flat AND free shipping

could have saved like $20 bucks :smh: :lol:

Despite the fact that I'm a lot younger than Mr. K (not to be confused with our own K), I would wear this identical outfit tomorrow. And yes...it's J. Crew, bros :lol:

350x700px-LL-9758c308_003.jpeg

Despite the fact that I'm a lot younger than Mr. K (not to be confused with our own K), I would wear this identical outfit tomorrow. And yes...it's J. Crew, bros :lol:
350x700px-LL-9758c308_003.jpeg

i remember when i made my second NT name when mines was permabanned on yuku, it was Mr. K.....then around the same time i browsed SF and saw there was a Mr. K there too :lol:

sharp fit for a much older man, i hate the way crewnecks look with a dress shirt underneath for some reason.....if all older men dressed like that, they'll be taking all our women...lol

Need help quick!!! 

White shirt, black tie, jeans. Does that work?

Again, I'm a built dude so tucked in preppy stuff look kinda dumb on me

Need help quick!!! 

White shirt, black tie, jeans. Does that work?

Again, I'm a built dude so tucked in preppy stuff look kinda dumb on me
We need a picture. This doesn't necessary mean "preppy" just because you're wearing a tie.

Doug is a relatively muscular guy and wearing tight clothes is his style:
tumblr_mdo2kvwb9X1r318c8o1_500.jpg

Question for you fine folks..

I have a pair of size 38 jeans I bought back in maybe March. Still brand new, in their gap bag with receipt. It's obviously too long for me to return, but i've been thinking about getting them redone at a 32 or maybe 34. I also have a 34 from my birthday, same exact condition, would like to tighten them up a bit in the leg region.

Is this possible? How much would I be looking to spend on each one? I know it varies from alteration place to the next, but maybe a ballpark?

I have a pair of size 38 jeans I bought back in maybe March. Still brand new, in their gap bag with receipt. It's obviously too long for me to return, but i've been thinking about getting them redone at a 32 or maybe 34. I also have a 34 from my birthday, same exact condition, would like to tighten them up a bit in the leg region.
Is this possible? How much would I be looking to spend on each one? I know it varies from alteration place to the next, but maybe a ballpark?

yup it can be done, price ranges from tailor to tailor, id say around 40$ per pair.

It's possible, but you need to visit a competent tailor because this is not an average job. You are basically going to recut the pants. If done incorrectly, the pattern will be thrown off, ie if the tailor takes the extra 6 inches or so from the back, the rear pockets will basically sit next to each other.

My tailor charges abour $55-60 to recut a pair of pants, but their quality is top notch.

Most importantly, congrats on the weight lost! When I dropped my lbs, I just rebuilt. I sold all of my designer jeans in size 36, bought cheap Levi's from Macy's in the mean time until I reached my ideal weight.

I would try this: since the jeans are still brand new with receipt, I would try to exchange them. Even though it's beyond the 90 day period, I think you have a good chance of them letting you do so.

The pair that you want to taper the legs, that's an easy fix, should run $15-20.

I saw Bruce Lee on the tube at the gym, and thought...man, dude was killing it with the suits.

Like I've said all along, the skinny lapel and ties are nothing new:
suitorialist_bruce-lee-in-suit_1.jpg

Probably the most comical/drastic before and after pic I've seen:
evan-ng-suit.jpg

I see you quick lol
My lands end canvas slim cargos. Got em for 20 bucks. Very pleased. I had been waiting to grab some for a while now.
Good shoe choice too fam

word @ them cargo looks great. might cop a pair of my own.

hows the material/ weight of the cargo? really thick or lighter weight?

thanks

Last edited:
Picked up 2 Express sweaters and a pair of Hilfiger boots from Marshalls for the low low. Slow putting together my "dressing better" winter collection
SN: Can anyone name any brands that carry nice cotton polyester blend polos under $70 similar to this Lacoste polo without the huge logo?

Picked up 2 Express sweaters and a pair of Hilfiger boots from Marshalls for the low low. Slow putting together my "dressing better" winter collection

SN: Can anyone name any brands that carry nice cotton polyester blend polos under $70 similar to this Lacoste polo without the huge logo?
For polos, Sunspel is the best I've had. It beats all of the stuff I've had prior, including mall brands and higher end stuff like Burberry. The con is that it's UK based and not too many places carry them.

If your size is in stock and you dig the color, you should buy. No tax and free shipping in the U.S.

http://epauletnewyork.com/products/jersey-polo-shirt-sage

http://epauletnewyork.com/products/jersey-polo-shirt-charcoal

I have 4 myself, but I bought from the actual company.

I see you quick lol
My lands end canvas slim cargos. Got em for 20 bucks. Very pleased. I had been waiting to grab some for a while now.
Good shoe choice too fam

word @ them cargo looks great. might cop a pair of my own.

hows the material/ weight of the cargo? really thick or lighter weight?

thanks
They are actually pretty thin and light. The material is kind of rough. Not uncomfortable rough but not khaki soft. Not to sound cliche but it is kind of a canvas material. If I get time I will try to take better pics

They are actually pretty thin and light. The material is kind of rough. Not uncomfortable rough but not khaki soft. Not to sound cliche but it is kind of a canvas material. If I get time I will try to take better pics

How's the sizing on these? Would you say they run big? Considering in getting the blues but wanna know how they fit to other pants, like say levis?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom