Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Checked out the Margiela line at H&M today. A lot of stuff still had full size run. Wasn't overall impressed with quality to price ratio.

why not? little bit of camo
33vi5ww.jpg

Last edited:
They are actually pretty thin and light. The material is kind of rough. Not uncomfortable rough but not khaki soft. Not to sound cliche but it is kind of a canvas material. If I get time I will try to take better pics

btw how u get them for $ 20?

right now at best is like $ 30 ship.

^Where is that pocket square from? The only camo pocket square I've seen so far is from Wolf vs. Goat, that's why I'm curious.

:lol: Also, looking really sharp...really throws off the SN. I expected a younger dude in a yellow DC2 that's slammed :lol: :tongue:

^Where is that pocket square from? The only camo pocket square I've seen so far is from Wolf vs. Goat, that's why I'm curious.

:lol: Also, looking really sharp...really throws off the SN. I expected a younger dude in a yellow DC2 that's slammed :lol: :tongue:
Bruh...

Buy camo fabric.

Cut out a square.

it's an old camo bandana lol.
my SN is 10 years old. the yellow DC2 has long been stripped and in a junkyard somewhere lol

Question for you fine folks..
I have a pair of size 38 jeans I bought back in maybe March. Still brand new, in their gap bag with receipt. It's obviously too long for me to return, but i've been thinking about getting them redone at a 32 or maybe 34. I also have a 34 from my birthday, same exact condition, would like to tighten them up a bit in the leg region.
Is this possible? How much would I be looking to spend on each one? I know it varies from alteration place to the next, but maybe a ballpark?

Any decent tailor could do this, I'd say most likely $35-$45 a pair

I wouldn't recommend paying $30-40 to redo a pair of Gap Jeans. Donate them, slang them, try to return them and buy new jeans. Seen your pic on instagram the other day, looks like you've reached a good point in your "slimming down" process. Time to build the wardrobe.

Need help quick!!! 

White shirt, black tie, jeans. Does that work?

Again, I'm a built dude so tucked in preppy stuff look kinda dumb on me
We need a picture. This doesn't necessary mean "preppy" just because you're wearing a tie.

Doug is a relatively muscular guy and wearing tight clothes is his style:

A picture of me?

Anyone own a pair of American eagle slim straight jeans? How much slimmer are they than their straight fit? I don't want to invest money in any high dollar denim yet because I'm currently slimming down.

Anyone own a pair of American eagle slim straight jeans? How much slimmer are they than their straight fit? I don't want to invest money in any high dollar denim yet because I'm currently slimming down.
Levi's outlet carry slim straights in a variety of washes

Alright guys, I seriously need help. I'm in the market for a new suit. I went to Banana Republic, bought one and I just now noticed it didn't fit quite as well as I wanted it too. The blazer was a bit loose for my liking. I'm 5'8 and about 138lbs, so i'm relatively thin. Can you guys point me where I can get a super slim fit suit for under $1000? I went to Hugo Boss and that had the best fitting suits, but their sale ended yesterday! 

I was thinking Zara or H&M, but their quality is shotty. I also really like the suits Ben Sherman has. What are your guys's experience with Nordstrom? I'm going to need the suit tailored too because I like my fits to be extra snug.

Thanks for the help fellas.

you are not going to get a great fitting suit straight off the rack. you will need to get it altered. a $200 suit thats been cut and altered in the right way can look better than one that costs 5x as much but fits like garbage

A picture of me?

yeah bro, you definately would need to visit a tailor to get a good fit on shirts, your arms/chest are pretty big in comparison to your waist....a good physic is an incredible + in nicely fitted clothes bro...you just need a tailor and extra cash.

new favorite scarf, i know alot of dudes consider scarfs to be feminine, personally in the winter its my favorite accessory, got this cowl neck at gap....knits and yeezys for the best season of the year! :D

8198667842_26fa927edc_b.jpg

Alright guys, I seriously need help. I'm in the market for a new suit. I went to Banana Republic, bought one and I just now noticed it didn't fit quite as well as I wanted it too. The blazer was a bit loose for my liking. I'm 5'8 and about 138lbs, so i'm relatively thin. Can you guys point me where I can get a super slim fit suit for under $1000? I went to Hugo Boss and that had the best fitting suits, but their sale ended yesterday! 

I was thinking Zara or H&M, but their quality is shotty. I also really like the suits Ben Sherman has. What are your guys's experience with Nordstrom? I'm going to need the suit tailored too because I like my fits to be extra snug.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Are you in a rush for it? If not I recommend Indochino, you can get one made to your measurements for under $500.

new favorite scarf, i know alot of dudes consider scarfs to be feminine, personally in the winter its my favorite accessory, got this cowl neck at gap....knits and yeezys for the best season of the year! :D

8198667842_26fa927edc_b.jpg

I don't consider scarves to be feminine at all, I own and regularly wear 4-5 during the winter but...that's not my issue. I just don't think that cowl neck looks good at all though certain cowl neck sweaters are cool.

I don't consider scarves to be feminine at all, I own and regularly wear 4-5 during the winter but...that's not my issue. I just don't think that cowl neck looks good at all though certain cowl neck sweaters are cool.

Fair enough bro, only reason I said it is because I've always gotten heat because of a scarf...lol...but maybe I'm just wearing them with the wrong fits, I seriously feel naked without my neck covered in te winter...

not much slimmer imo. you should never buy ae unless you have 30-40% off

yeah bro, you definately would need to visit a tailor to get a good fit on shirts, your arms/chest are pretty big in comparison to your waist....a good physic is an incredible + in nicely fitted clothes bro...you just need a tailor and extra cash.
K hit it in the head. You're going to be needing to find a competent tailor to custom make all of your fine clothing needs. I don't think most Made to Measure firms can assist you because even though it's made to measure, the pattern is limited, and you're definitely buffer than the average Joe.

I also dig the scarves. I added 1 more to the rotation to make a total of 3. I'll break them out when it starts to get windy.

Fair enough bro, only reason I said it is because I've always gotten heat because of a scarf...lol...but maybe I'm just wearing them with the wrong fits, I seriously feel naked without my neck covered in te winter...

My stance on scarfs, gloves, and winter hats...when it's cold as hell outside, it doesn't matter, as long as it keeps you warm. I've had to steal my wife's scarf's in the past when having to go somewhere on the train in the city and wasn't planning on it.

Back
Top Bottom