Dressing Better Vol 2.0

it's an old camo bandana lol.
my SN is 10 years old. the yellow DC2 has long been stripped and in a junkyard somewhere lol
I believe you're an MD now, correct? When I was pre-med, I recall you talking about the MCAT. What kind of car do you have now, doc? If you're single, an E92 M3 would be a fitting choice for you. Just curious, are you still into cars like you were as a teen? I ask because while I still enjoy fine automobiles, I don't care much for modding anymore.

I'm still a resident so while I'm not struggling the money for an m3 isn't there yet. Definitely still into cars but not as much into modding anymore either. Went from the Type-R to an Evo 8 and now pushing a c300 that I'm keeping bone stock. I'll definitely be looking to upgrade once residency is over.

I'm still a resident so while I'm not struggling the money for an m3 isn't there yet. Definitely still into cars but not as much into modding anymore either. Went from the Type-R to an Evo 8 and now pushing a c300 that I'm keeping bone stock. I'll definitely be looking to upgrade once residency is over.
Gotcha. Driving stock is way easier, man. I don't have to worry about potholes and steep driveways anymore :lol: Also got tired of stick too.

I don't consider scarves to be feminine at all, I own and regularly wear 4-5 during the winter but...that's not my issue. I just don't think that cowl neck looks good at all though certain cowl neck sweaters are cool.

Fair enough bro, only reason I said it is because I've always gotten heat because of a scarf...lol...but maybe I'm just wearing them with the wrong fits, I seriously feel naked without my neck covered in te winter...

I hear you. At this point, even if it was some huge faux pas to wear scarves, I wouldn't GAF. Having to be outside occasionally for work in NY winters makes them (and good gloves) necessary.

Speaking of scarves, I thought the way this model wears it was cool

Last edited:
Alright guys, I seriously need help. I'm in the market for a new suit. I went to Banana Republic, bought one and I just now noticed it didn't fit quite as well as I wanted it too. The blazer was a bit loose for my liking. I'm 5'8 and about 138lbs, so i'm relatively thin. Can you guys point me where I can get a super slim fit suit for under $1000? I went to Hugo Boss and that had the best fitting suits, but their sale ended yesterday! 

I was thinking Zara or H&M, but their quality is shotty. I also really like the suits Ben Sherman has. What are your guys's experience with Nordstrom? I'm going to need the suit tailored too because I like my fits to be extra snug.

Thanks for the help fellas.

I'm about the same build as you and I'm also having trouble finding this fit.

H&M quality sucks, but they have slim suit's with the lowest sizing being a 34R. Found a decent blazer for the price but it was too long for me. Sleeves could easily be altered but the length of the jacket was long. (I'm your height, and weight, give or take an inch and a few pounds.)

I need help also.

Last edited:
Speaking of scarves, I thought the way this model wears it was cool
Judging by the length, it must be long enough to play jump rope with :lol:

I've always wanted a chunky scarf, but haven't found one that I like.

That scarf doesn't even look that long. He just has it wrapped around his neck and then looped through. It's not particularly thick either.

That scarf doesn't even look that long. He just has it wrapped around his neck and then looped through. It's not particularly thick either.
It doesn't look that thick, you're correct. My wanting for a chunky scarf was a separate random thought, has nothing to do with the picture.

The scarf does look longer than usual to me. I don't think any of my scarves are long enough to loosely tie around my neck several times and do the loops with enough material to reach the waist line.

On another note, I'm almost certain that a good portion of the Margiela collection at H&M will go on sale. Pieces are around $300-400, which is like 10 times more expensive than the typical H&M pieces.

I'd rock that scarf....lol

Btw I think Zara has become my new go-to spot, next to Jcrew...lol
Really digging their pieces...specially the knits for this season, lets not forget the cheap prices.

Looking to get my first pair of chinos. . My only concern is that w/ them being cotton they will shrink. If I dry clean them do you think they will shrink? What do yall do to prevent shrinkage (No Costanza)?

Really digging their pieces...specially the knits for this season, lets not forget the cheap prices.
Quick question,

has anyone approached you on the street yet, recognizing you from your posts here on Nike Talk and Sole Collector?

Also, your shots are very reminiscent of those featured in GQ, and your style of dress most definitely comes right out of pages of J Crew. Neither are very creative or original, so what I am wondering, and this is actually a question for RFX and Sarteaga as well, who taught you, or where did you study or what did you study, in order to make you guys experts in the matter of actually Dressing Better?

It seems that on a board filled with sneaker heads, the term of Dressing Better and then being an expert in such matters, seems to be used rather loosely.

No hate, just wondering, especially since you guys leap at the chance to respond to the questions of others

There was a cat, a Brother on here, who used to post his suits on the other Dressing Better thread, with different shots in his offce and such, and he was clean as hell, sharp.

Whatever happened to him?

Quick question,

has anyone approached you on the street yet, recognizing you from your posts here on Nike Talk and Sole Collector?

Also, your shots are very reminiscent of those featured in GQ, and your style of dress most definitely comes right out of pages of J Crew. Neither are very creative or original, so what I am wondering, and this is actually a question for RFX and Sarteaga as well, who taught you, or where did you study or what did you study, in order to make you guys experts in the matter of actually Dressing Better?

It seems that on a board filled with sneaker heads, the term of Dressing Better and then being an expert in such matters, seems to be used rather loosely.

No hate, just wondering, especially since you guys leap at the chance to respond to the questions of others

There was a cat, a Brother on here, who used to post his suits on the other Dressing Better thread, with different shots in his offce and such, and he was clean as hell, sharp.

Nii? He still posts on here from time to time just not as often.

In regards to your question, I don't consider myself an expert at all, but I do consider myself as someone who likes to help people and offer advice whenever it is asked for. I didn't study menswear or fashion, I'm a teacher actually, so definitely did not get a formal education or training in this. I've picked up the "stuff" I know from everywhere from here on NT's DB to menswear blogs like thestyleblogger.com aka tsbmen.com. My thing is to always try to help people and answer their questions when and if need be and when I feel I know the answer.

Nii? He still posts on here from time to time just not as often.
In regards to your question, I don't consider myself an expert at all, but I do consider myself as someone who likes to help people and offer advice whenever it is asked for. I didn't study menswear or fashion, I'm a teacher actually, so definitely did not get a formal education or training in this. I've picked up the "stuff" I know from everywhere from here on NT's DB to menswear blogs like thestyleblogger.com aka tsbmen.com. My thing is to always try to help people and answer their questions when and if need be and when I feel I know the answer.
I didn't know his handle, but that cat would show some serious work, as he even appreciated color, which is rare for some who are afraid to go there.

Well, that's cool that you are willing to direct people into the right direction for answers.

A picture of me?
What's up,

I have issues with fit as well, and I can't wear the preppy slim, skinny look either. What you should do is to look into the more Italian, euro lines, as opposed the American trad stylings of J Crew. Boss of the Hugo Boss line,  does feature some great cuts for guys in our physique range, as that line has a more generous fit, even while appearing slim.

I've had some great success with blazers and shirts there. 

Quick question,

Not quite sure where anyone proclaimed to be be an expert. Yes, we get that Dressing "Better" may not be the best thread title. Is the thread about nothing really about...nothing? It's just not that big of a deal though.

Why does any poster have to justify their input, especially when it's positive/constructive and aimed towards helping others with questions? It's not like anyone is being steered down some awful path, it's just clothing. I'm sure I know what your response will be to that. There aren't that many posters whose tendencies I recognize but I've seen that you seem to be one whose voice must always be the loudest. Party on.

Not quite sure where anyone proclaimed to be be an expert. Yes, we get that Dressing "Better" may not be the best thread title. Is the thread about nothing really about...nothing? It's just not that big of a deal though.
Why does any poster have to justify their input, especially when it's positive/constructive and aimed towards helping others with questions? It's not like anyone is being steered down some awful path, it's just clothing. I'm sure I know what your response will be to that. There aren't that many posters whose tendencies I recognize but I've seen that you seem to be one whose voice must always be the loudest. Party on.
Humor me, what could possibly be that response?

Also, your passive/aggressive dig is quite funny, which means that you actually feel threatened that someone would actually ask a question, such as the one I posed.

The question was not directed toward you, now was it?

Last edited:
LOL THIS THREAD HASNT BEEN DERAILED FOR AWHILE.
SOMEONE CUE UP THE HERE WE GO BANE GIF
You've posted a face pic of yourself as well.

Has anyone recognized you? Did they compliment you on your style of dress? What was the response, if you were indeed recognized?

No one has ever approached me from NT. Ive only been complimented on sneakers (not gonna lie i wondered if they were NT members.

I dont consider myself to be a "memorable" NTer.

You and I are from the NJ/NYC. with so many people we see everyday what are the chances we would recognize another NTer?

No one has ever approached me from NT. Ive only been complimented on sneakers (not gonna lie i wondered if they were NT members.
I dont consider myself to be a "memorable" NTer.
You and I are from the NJ/NYC. with so many people we see everyday what are the chances we would recognize another NTer?
New York City is much different from New Jersey in regard to visibility and even personality. I see people all the time, as I bump into The Sartorialist, Scott Schuman down in soho quite often, when he is in town. I've also met one of the brothers who runs the blog Street Etiquette, who was also a member here, while he was working in the SoHo J Crew Men's Store.

KSteezy's pics are pretty clear, then not hidden from behind a camera phone. He also is pretty prolific in his postings on this thread, then doling out a plethora of information in regard to his opinions on what's stylish.

I wondered if anyone has recognized him.

Last edited:
I cant imagine how many notable people I have brushed shoulders with when walking around in NYC.

I met Ksteezy in real life. he's a humble dude.

longstroke, i havent seen your face but based off your willingness to stand by your opinion i'd prob assume ur a cool dude to. even thoug we got each other suspended lmao.

The thing w photography is that, it captures a freeze frame.

I would hate people to deduce an opinion on my personality when i purposely make goofy faces when pics are taken.

Back
Top Bottom