Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I cant imagine how many notable people I have brushed shoulders with when walking around in NYC.
I met Ksteezy in real life. he's a humble dude.
longstroke, i havent seen your face but based off your willingness to stand by your opinion i'd prob assume ur a cool dude to. even thoug we got each other suspended lmao.
The thing w photography is that, it captures a freeze frame.
I would hate people to deduce an opinion on my personality when i purposely make goofy faces when pics are taken.
I think that when someone is doling out advice, then putting up pics of themselves, they are pretty much promoting themselves and their opinion, correct?

Again, no hate, but the question isn't about the goofy faces, humility, or the lackthereof, it's really about notoriety.

I mean, there was a recent article on the  important people of Nike Talk in a certain magazine.

Last edited:
i can get where you're coming from

but something as subjective as fashion will only garner personal opinion.

in terms of self-promotion, as long as people arent spamming a website or something i'm fine with it.

i appreciate this thread as a collective of opinions and also a place to find deals on clothes.

for example if someone goes hey i need slim chinos/camos, i'll be in to say Dockers alphas.

i will not stake a claim and say i know for fact they are the best, i am purely stating my opinion.

then i will go further and try to find some sale links so people can cop them for cheep.

i have no problem w the more frequent posters. they give out advice. as u gave advice to the dude asking for a more athletic fit.

so as long as its positive i'm cool w it

I'm about the same build as you and I'm also having trouble finding this fit.
H&M quality sucks, but they have slim suit's with the lowest sizing being a 34R. Found a decent blazer for the price but it was too long for me. Sleeves could easily be altered but the length of the jacket was long. (I'm your height, and weight, give or take an inch and a few pounds.)
I need help also.

You need to find blazers that are size S (Short) instead of R (Regular) if the blazer is too long. Usually the smallest size i see around are 36S.

i can get where you're coming from
but something as subjective as fashion will only garner personal opinion.
in terms of self-promotion, as long as people arent spamming a website or something i'm fine with it.
i appreciate this thread as a collective of opinions and also a place to find deals on clothes.
for example if someone goes hey i need slim chinos/camos, i'll be in to say Dockers alphas.
i will not stake a claim and say i know for fact they are the best, i am purely stating my opinion.
then i will go further and try to find some sale links so people can cop them for cheep.
i have no problem w the more frequent posters. they give out advice. as u gave advice to the dude asking for a more athletic fit.
so as long as its positive i'm cool w it
Positivity is subjective as well, as many can't wait to press the report button, only if someone disagrees with them on a particular topic, or simply bringing something different into the discussion.

For instance, there was a brother here asking if he should wear his white shirt, with a pair of red pants.

Those of us who are of a darker hue have different needs in regard to color, especially in regard to how it reflects off of our skin tones. KSteezy felt that it was okay, co signing RFX, both of whom are not darker skinned men, possibly not understanding this code.

I don't know for sure, but it seemed that my suggestion of never ever wearing such a combo, especially while being a man of a darker hue, wasn't well received by those two who thought they knew better.

But that's neither here nor there, because It's not surprising that some here would be protective of a place, in which they may feel safe.

Last edited:
Not quite sure where anyone proclaimed to be be an expert. Yes, we get that Dressing "Better" may not be the best thread title. Is the thread about nothing really about...nothing? It's just not that big of a deal though.

Why does any poster have to justify their input, especially when it's positive/constructive and aimed towards helping others with questions? It's not like anyone is being steered down some awful path, it's just clothing. I'm sure I know what your response will be to that. There aren't that many posters whose tendencies I recognize but I've seen that you seem to be one whose voice must always be the loudest. Party on.
Humor me, what could possibly be that response?

Also, your passive/aggressive dig is quite funny, which means that you actually feel threatened that someone would actually ask a question, such as the one I posed.

The question was not directed toward you, now was it?

Post what you did and then state that I'm being passive-aggressive? Makes sense. :rolleyes

Even now you state,
Again, no hate, but the question isn't about the goofy faces, humility, or the lackthereof, it's really about notoriety.

I hope you're not that dense to believe that it's not clear you're throwing jabs. Not directed towards me, I don't need to defend anyone in particular aand they don't need me to do so either but I most certainly can respond to the direction of your post.

First, the term "hate" is corny but stop saying "no hate" when you really don't mean it. It's like saying, "I don't mean to be rude, BUT...you're ugly."

Passive-agressive. :lol:

And to go back to it, where did anyone even remotely claim to be an expert?

Last edited:
Post what you did and then state that I'm being passive-aggressive? Makes sense.
eyes.gif

Even now you state,
I hope you're not that dense to believe that it's not clear you're throwing jabs. Not directed towards me, I don't need to defend anyone in particular aand they don't need me to do so either but I most certainly can respond to the direction of your post.
First, the term "hate" is corny but stop saying "no hate" when you really don't mean it. It's like saying, "I don't mean to be rude, BUT...you're ugly."
Passive-agressive.
laugh.gif

It seems that you are in dire need of attention. Perhaps posting a picture of yourself in an outfit will give you the desired effect.

No hate.

Does anyone know how Hickey Freeman sport/dress shirts fit? Slim, traditional, etc? Thanks.

I never claimed to be an expert, I simply like clothes...I give others advice based on my own opinion and never did I say my opinion is the guideline to "dressing better" so I'm not sure what you are getting at.....

I own a 5k DSLR, I'm a photographer, obviously my pictures will be of much better quality than anyone on here, that's not my fault...not sure if that's what seems to bother some of you guys so much, perhaps if I was posting cellphone pics and post pics from the neck down it would be much better for you?....either way why does it even matter so much?

Yes I've been approached by some NTers, on the street...caught me off guard, but they were pretty cool dudes....met one walking down Miami, one while shopping in Nordstroms, ive even shot some enagagement photos for a couple of NTers..it's funny because you guys really like to judge a book by its cover, assume I'm some self-centered individual because I like pictures, when that couldn't be further from the truth...

As far as Nii?...well IMO he's the reason for this thread...I know he inspired me to even start paying more attention to suiting....but I'll be honest, outside of wearing a suit, I wasn't too crazy about his casual wears, his suits and the way he played with textures, colors, etc will always be appreciated and hope he continues popping in here from time to time, unfortunately if we are to depend on him this thread won't move...so yeah we may not be posting suit attired everyday and we each have out own interpretation of what "dressing better" means to us, does not mean we set the rules and we are right...but for the demographics of this site we seem to be on point....this is still a sneaker forum with a very young crowd...if this is not good enough or appropriate, then obviously there are dedicated forums with far more knowledgable people on SF.

Does anyone know how Hickey Freeman sport/dress shirts fit? Slim, traditional, etc? Thanks.
Their regular fit is similar to that of POLO Blue Label regular fit, and very comparable to Brooks Brothers regular fit shirts.

Positivity is subjective as well, as many can't wait to press the report button, only if someone disagrees with them on a particular topic, or simply bringing something different into the discussion.

For instance, there was a brother here asking if he should wear his white shirt, with a pair of red pants.

Those of us who are of a darker hue have different needs in regard to color, especially in regard to how it reflects off of our skin tones. KSteezy felt that it was okay, co signing RFX, both of whom are not darker skinned men, possibly not understanding this code.

I don't know for sure, but it seemed that my suggestion of never ever wearing such a combo, especially while being a man of a darker hue, wasn't well received by those two who thought they knew better.

But that's neither here nor there, because It's not surprising that some here would be protective of a place, in which they may feel safe.

Who disagreed with you?...I remember that post and I completely agree with you and yes is something I initially didn't take into account because I'm not a dark dude...but when brought to the table you made complete sense, all that red would look terrible on someone much darker.

And please stop calling people out on passive aggression, do you not see te content of posts?

I never claimed to be an expert, I simply like clothes...I give others advice based on my own opinion and never did I say my opinion is the guideline to "dressing better" so I'm not sure what you are getting at.....
I own a 5k DSLR, I'm a photographer, obviously my pictures will be of much better quality than anyone on here, that's not my fault...not sure if that's what seems to bother some of you guys so much, perhaps if I was posting cellphone pics and post pics from the neck down it would be much better for you?....either way why does it even matter so much?
Yes I've been approached by some NTers, on the street...caught me off guard, but they were pretty cool dudes....met one walking down Miami, one while shopping in Nordstroms, ive even shot some enagagement photos for a couple of NTers..it's funny because you guys really like to judge a book by its cover, assume I'm some self-centered individual because I like pictures, when that couldn't be further from the truth...
As far as Nii?...well IMO he's the reason for this thread...I know he inspired me to even start paying more attention to suiting....but I'll be honest, outside of wearing a suit, I wasn't too crazy about his casual wears, his suits and the way he played with textures, colors, etc will always be appreciated and hope he continues popping in here from time to time, unfortunately if we are to depend on him this thread won't move...so yeah we may not be posting suit attired everyday and we each have out own interpretation of what "dressing better" means to us, does not mean we set the rules and we are right...but for the demographics of this site we seem to be on point....this is still a sneaker forum with a very young crowd...if this is not good enough or appropriate, then obviously there are dedicated forums with far more knowledgable people on SF.
The question posed wasn't meant to put you on the defensive...

...I asked the question because of what I know of bloggers, style and otherwise, those who have their faces out there, they are approached on the street, then questioned at times on the topic they've become associated with.

Scott Schuman told me that he can't go many places now, without people wanting to stop and pose FOR him..
laugh.gif

Who disagreed with you?...I remember that post and I completely agree with you and yes is something I initially didn't take into account because I'm not a dark dude...but when brought to the table you made complete sense, all that red would look terrible on someone much darker.
And please stop calling people out on passive aggression, do you not see te content of posts?
I'm writing them, so I pretty much know the intent in which I am posting with.

I used that example, the red pants, to show how people can disagree. That's all.

Dude I'm pretty sure this thread is very very small corner in the Internet as far as fashion advice goes....if I had a blog with a huge following posting fits regularly there I'd then would expect someone to recognize me, but NTers?...this thread is not gonna make ANYoNe famous.

Post what you did and then state that I'm being passive-aggressive? Makes sense. :rolleyes

Even now you state,

It seems that you are in dire need of attention. Perhaps posting a picture of yourself in an outfit will give you the desired effect.

No hate.

Once again, you deflect AND with a statement that more likely applies to yourself. No, I'm not in any sense in need of attention, I've posted my thoughts on others who post pics and they're free to do so.

Once again, where were these claims of expertise you conjured up in your beautiful mind?

Last edited:
I'm writing them, so I pretty much know the intent in which I am posting with.

I used that example, the red pants, to show how people can disagree. That's all.

So you understand how ironic it is of you to call someone else out on being passive-aggressive?

Dude I'm pretty sure this thread is very very small corner in the Internet as far as fashion advice goes....if I had a blog with a huge following posting fits regularly there I'd then would expect someone to recognize me, but NTers?...this thread is not gonna make ANYoNe famous.
I didn't ask you about gaining  fame either.

I asked you about being approached on the street, and what was the background of those of you who are doling out this advice.

Perhaps you may have worked in Barney's, Bergdorf, or some other retailer, as did the bloggers on Street Etiquette.

So you understand how ironic it is of you to call someone else out on being passive-aggressive?
If I were actually being passive aggressive, then yes, I'd see the irony. So again, I was simply asking you about your experience.

However, I can see that you are very sensitive. Stupid me for not remembering the thread you made about people complaining about you.

My bad dude, do your thing.

I meant no hate.

I think being on NT and being into sneakers just naturally progresses into trying to "dress better". Being into sneakers teaches you to pay attention to details, for example the difference between a pair if OG AJ IIIs and a retro pair. People mature and sometimes grow out of sneakers interest usually transfer other interest such as men's fashion, some more than others.

ksteezy...

Your qualifications as a Dressing Better thread contributor and Executive Advice Giver are not up to WWW standards. Please reconsider your role and either take some courses at FIT or...work high-end retail before your next suggestion to the meek who enter this sacred thread in need of expertise. No hate.

Last edited:

It's the own interpretation that makes this thread great and the fact that people can ask question and get responses not just from regular thread members and responders but from anyone. Lets keep posting pics because we want too, lets keep asking questions. Lets keep this thread moving.

Even now you state,

No one ever did...the implication was that because one either we are the first to respond or the one's who respond to questions or moreso are the one's who are addressed by members to answer questions, and that as a result we may come off as "experts." Honestly I recognize only a handful of names that post on here constantly, wj4, RFX, Grizzlyboy, ReturnofBama, Ksteezy, Nii, just to name a few, which is why my response was just stating why I usually respond or give advice, because I like to help. I don't expect anyone outside of those who visit or post daily to know what my intention is so I just wanted to put it out there.

You're right but I think the point he was trying to make was legit...frankly sometimes I wonder if I'm ever going to get recognized or stopped, not because of NT but because of thestyleblogger.com entry, especially when down in the City. It's not narcissism but just the idea of being "recognized" weirds me out lol.

Once again, you deflect AND with a statement that more likely applies to yourself. No, I'm not in any sense in need of attention, I've posted my thoughts on others who post pics and they're free to do so.
Once again, where were these claims of expertise you conjured up in your beautiful mind?

Lets stop this and continue on with the thread.

No need for this guys honestly, lets keep the thread going. Frankly I think the original question was one legit and two didn't come off as snarky. Lets all remember that is one thing about the internet or about reading a reply from someone that only involves text that reading tone is extremely difficult. Believe me, even texts between wifey and I get us into heated situations because of us reading text with a tone that was never intended in the first place.

Nonetheless, the question was a good one and I don't think any disrespect was meant by it.

Perhaps it is in your beautiful mind, that being called an expert, is seemingly an insult.

Again, the question wasn't posed to you, so I don't see how it's any of your concern.

Both Sarteaga and KSteezy responded, so I am good with that.

Why you continue to address my supposed intentions, is beyond me.

Heads up to everyone asking about slim chinos: Just got two pairs of Alpha Khakis for $78 shipped. Dockers.com is running a 40% off $100+ plus free shipping with code EARLYCYBER. Ends at 8pm EST. I picked up pairs in black and grey camo. Can't wait to get them in and submit my entry for the next contest :D

repped

appreciate this might just finally get me to pull the trigger. I have 2 pairs of alpha khakis and they may be the best pants i own.

Back
Top Bottom