Dressing Better Vol 2.0

these days with most of us wearing slim pants, how do you guys deal with bulges in the pockets. keys, cell phone wallet. mainly it's the keys and i try to keep it to a minimum, but it still leaves somewhat of a bulge. anyone have any clever ideas or accessories they use to share ?

Most people have their key chain/ring hang out on the side by a mountain clip. If you like to go loud, people have micro details to go along with it such as a nike SB or a Lego man keychain.

If anything, I would suggest a leather lanyard. Check out Tanner Goods. You'd still put your keys in your pocket but the lanyard would make it easy for you to pull out instead of digging deep into a tight pocket (?).

The cell phone imprint left in your jeans and the lanyard a bit showing add subtle details to your belt-crotch area IMO. Which isn't a bad thing for girls to notice and security wise.

I made one of these out of paracord, costs me absolutely nothing. Got the paracord for free from one of these outdoor shops and had the clip and keyring just laying around the house.
Looks like the one on the bottom.

Last edited:
Anything under $400?
You have a lot of choices under $400. A lot of Allend Edmond models are under that price. You can also look at the Nordstrom sales posted up by Hafiz. You can also contact Shoemart to get on their Alden 2nd quality list. I bought a pair for $300 and was happy with the quality.

I too keep a carabiner for my keys, slim wallet with just license, bank card, visa. Phone in breast pocket if I have one

I haven't used a wallet since like 2000. I keep my essentials in my left pocket and my keys (2 keys and door unlocker) cell in the back left. 8)

You're grandma sound like she doesn't knows what she is talking about (no disrespect).
This is why I can't deal with a lot of females in this place, they got that "I'm gonna get you before you get me vibe".
Not good at all, and the only dudes who except that type of treatment are the ones who just want Yambs (can't believe i'm using such a juvenile word
laugh.gif
) or low class dudes and if that's all you hang around then that will be your perception of all men.
No disrespect taken.

However, when someone lives well into their nineties, as she is ninety six, it behooves me to pay attention to what she has experienced. Most superstitions do have some cred to them, as they are rooted in survival. However most are unjustified, but with the issue of women and their wiles, they had to do whatever they had to do, in order to survive in a world that didn't, and in some instances still do not, see them as equal.

Understanding this allows you to understand women a bit better, because they live in a constant state of subtle paranoia. 

I learned that from my Grandma as well, so perhaps that may help you in your struggle with the opposite sex.

laugh.gif

BTW, we need some chicks on this thread to give a better opinion on what's sharp on dudes....

J. Crew's new promo apparent applies to 3rd party items. COLOR25 is the code for 25% off in store and online, plus free shipping on items over $150.
30hrcih.jpg

Some third party stuff that might be worth the purchase. Thanks for the heads up (as I'm typing my JCrew email comes through, :lol: )

Welcome to the LunarGrand fam as well. :smile:
I'd love to have another pair for 30% off...

Saw this in he current coupon thread...
Cole Haan:
FBFan30 for 30% off a single item. Includes lunargrand wingtips and chukkas, but not penny loafers or anything limited edition.
FBFan20 for 20% a single item already on sale.
Only good until midnight PST tonight.
Must create an account.

Was browsing the site a couple weeks ago looking at LunarGrands. Thought better of it and said wait until Black Friday. :smokin Thanks for the heads up.

To work today

Nice strands. A fan of the walnut + light grey. For some reason the older gents at my office insist the color is "chili."

My grandma has some good ones from back in the day, stuff about not buying men that aren't in your family ANYTHING, if you are a female.

It's really that old school game, that what's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine as well type vibe.

You're grandma sound like she doesn't knows what she is talking about (no disrespect).
This is why I can't deal with a lot of females in this place, they got that "I'm gonna get you before you get me vibe".

Not good at all, and the only dudes who except that type of treatment are the ones who just want Yambs (can't believe i'm using such a juvenile word :lol:) or low class dudes and if that's all you hang around then that will be your perception of all men.
Your reply in the begining reminds me of what Tariq Nasheed said last week when he said some along the lines of "When was your mom born she out here kicking that depression era game". I also agree only a dude thats sex whipped, low self esteem, and/or think he can't get better would stay with a chick thats only bringing sex to the table long term.

edit: Thanks to whoever posted that 50% off express code

Last edited:
A fan of the walnut + light grey. For some reason the older gents at my office insist the color is "chili."
I love the walnut, I really want to get a pair in bourbon color. 
dude you look like a swagged out brian scalabrine
laugh.gif
. info on the blazer/suit top?
Lol, blazer is J crew factory, I think it is great for the price. http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/jackets_outerwear/sportcoats/PRDOVR~30176/30176.jsp
Your clothes look well put together but I'm not digging your jr. Mark Zuckerburg fro.
Get a low cut fade and I'll give you a+ all around.
No homo.
Haha, thanks.  I am due for a cut, I usually keep it shorter.

Hey guys i'm going to a casual dinner tonight and wondering what shoes would be best for this shirt, just going to wear straight fit denim with it.

Also I dont have any wingtips of shoes like that. I have Clarks but they are wallabees so I dont know if it will look right. Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited:
Hey guys i'm going to a casual dinner tonight and wondering what shoes would be best for this shirt, just going to wear straight fit denim with it.

Also I dont have any wingtips of shoes like that. I have Clarks but they are wallabees so I dont know if it will look right. Thanks for the help in advance.

Desert boots would be money here. I never liked the Wallabees and think the shape is not all that great.

Bama is looking sharp today. Perhaps its the pose and picture composition as well that play a factor.

Lounging around today, also another camo entry:

^Wisith: Thanks, bro!

NCTwin: I've had the first navy color for a while, but this one was calling my name... especially for $175.

Can't be mad at that. I want the first navy color myself.

Hey does anyone know how the lunargrand wingtip run?
Thanks

I did a half size down and they were good to go.

Co-sign the half size down in comparison to most dress shoes. I went a full size down from what I wear in most Nikes. 10.5 Lunargrands, 11 other dress shoes, 11.5 Nikes for me...I have wide feet.

Desert boots would be money here. I never liked the Wallabees and think the shape is not all that great.
Your right, deserts would look great, I like the dark brown pair, I might just have to pick up a pair, esp if I can find a discount somewhere 

These right here actually, great price too. The beeswax color.

Amazon product ASIN B0007MCUTK
Edit: Do they run true to size or should I size down half or whole? I have wide feet too.

Last edited:

What color wally's? To me they are even more classic than the DB's.

Since it is the season for giving, I have a few items to give away to the niketalk fam...All that I require is that whoever chooses to recieve the item pay for all of the shipping costs..And if u feel in the mood to add on a token of appreiciation gift that would also be greatly appreciated (lol)..PM if ur interested (bigger guys will def benefit L-XL)

RL Denim Supply Chunky Shawl Cardigan Purchased last December OG retail $185.00.. Worn ONCE             Size XL

BB Black Fleece Oxford Size BB4 (Slim Large)..Purchased during Mr. Porter Summer Sale..too small..Washed and worn once (as I do before wearing all of my oxfords)

Bass Weejun Size 13 Worn a handfull of times (collecting Dust)..Penny loafers just aren't for me

Americn Giant 100% Cotton Fleece Baseball/Varsity Jacket Made in San Francisco..Great Company Great Fleece..Just not for me   Never worn ouside of the house                   Size XL

LLBean Signature Navy Barracuda Jacket (trim fit) never worn outside of the house                 Size XL

I will a few more items up for grabs in the near as well

woah woah woah.

while i agree that desert boots are essential for DB

can we not disrespect da almight wally?

dem joints are a classic.

throws on entire ironman album.

like the famous might healthy t-shirt reads:

LISTEN TO GHOSTFACE

woah woah woah.
while i agree that desert boots are essential for DB
can we not disrespect da almight wally?
dem joints are a classic.
throws on entire ironman album.
like the famous might healthy t-shirt reads:
LISTEN TO GHOSTFACE
laugh.gif
 GHOST is that dude, the wallys are super comfy.
What color wally's? To me they are even more classic than the DB's.
Dark brown leather, and I have the sand color also.

Also can a Desert boot owner tell me if they are TTS? I cant pass them up being half off on Amazon.

Last edited:
Try the whole fit on...if you think it looks good, rock with it!

Wally's are the first Clark's I've ever owned...had them in middle school, word to Pretty Toney.

In high school I copped my first pair of Desert Trek's. Which just reminded me that I really want to cop a new pair.

Back
Top Bottom