Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I didn't even mention MrPorters sale (UP TO 50% off) where there are a some 50% off JCrew blazers and other designer brand clothings with free shipping and free returns. :D

Am I the only one that couldn't get the JCrew sale price yesterday because of where I was shipping to? Just tried to add and it came up as fine this time. Oh well, not feeling the Cyber Monday push anymore. On to TOJ/Coppidge :lol:

Lenny can do whatever he wants, but that blanket has to be ridiculously heavy. :lol:

Last edited:
growing up i went through a "rosewood"/ "beatles" phase.

i looooooved balck chelsea boots.

anyone w da cojones to rock dress boots w da cuban heel?

From what I understand,E Is wider than D. Keep that in mind if you still plan on buying those red wings. I know I was able to get my 1907s in a 10D so I feel like E won't work if you are standard width

So would sizing down to a 9.5 work or would I have to get a 9?

Hey guys, I lurk this thread multiple times a day and love how quickly it moves. I am in college in NE Ohio and I'm looking for some boots that look nice, but can also handle the snow. Being in college, I'm on a tight budget. If anyone can help me out, that'd be great. I have been reading this thread and attempting to work my way into dressing better but it's a work-in-progress. As of now, I have lots of sneakers and a pair of brown cole haans and black dockers(both just common, versatile dress shoes). I really like the DB's, as everyone does. I'm just curious if they will withstand winter or if I should wait to pull the trigger on a pair until after I get better fall/winter boots.

My dude Lenny, legitimately has a knit blanket around his neck and the boots.... I ain't eem mad, tho..
oh lawd 
roll.gif

Hey guys, I lurk this thread multiple times a day and love how quickly it moves. I am in college in NE Ohio and I'm looking for some boots that look nice, but can also handle the snow. Being in college, I'm on a tight budget. If anyone can help me out, that'd be great. I have been reading this thread and attempting to work my way into dressing better but it's a work-in-progress. As of now, I have lots of sneakers and a pair of brown cole haans and black dockers(both just common, versatile dress shoes). I really like the DB's, as everyone does. I'm just curious if they will withstand winter or if I should wait to pull the trigger on a pair until after I get better fall/winter boots.

How bad are the winters there? My housemate wears his Roshe Run's & DB's all the time.

How bad are the winters there? My housemate wears his Roshe Run's & DB's all the time.
In the past few years, we had a few weeks of feet of snow...but last year wasnt too bad. they just need to be able to put up with snow and rain and keep my feet warm. I retired my roshes for the winter already because they are so thin. I would like the shoes/boots to be able to handle snow though, just in case.

The crepe sole can get very slippery when wet or moist, it loses all traction in the wet and the suede uppers just cannot get wet. Even the beeswax probably isn't ideal to get wet, it'll likely leave some water spots that might take a while to disappear.

I believe Clarks does make Desert Boots with a more rugged sole for fall/winter seasons.

Last edited:
^that plus they are not well insulated so unless you are wearing wool socks or something your feet will be freezing

The crepe sole can get very slippery when wet or moist, it loses all traction in the wet and the suede uppers just cannot get wet. Even the beeswax probably isn't ideal to get wet, it'll likely leave some water spots that might take a while to disappear.
I believe Clarks does make Desert Boots with a more rugged sole for fall/winter seasons.

Its just my personal taste, but the way the desert boots age and get beat up via the weather looks so good to me. When it rains, I almost always put on my DB's!

Its just my personal taste, but the way the desert boots age and get beat up via the weather looks so good to me. When it rains, I almost always put on my DB's!

I agree with wear and tear giving the shoe it's own personality but wearing suede in the rain is a big NO-NO to me and the risk of hurting myself is not worth it. The same reason I do not wear leather soled shoes in the rain, it is just suicide. If the leather and sole is made for the weather, then it's game on.

I agree with wear and tear giving the shoe it's own personality but wearing suede in the rain is a big NO-NO to me and the risk of hurting myself is not worth it. The same reason I do not wear leather soled shoes in the rain, it is just suicide. If the leather and sole is made for the weather, then it's game on.

Hmm, I never knew this well it's probably because I don't own any boots or shoes other than my free run's, Jordan's and my Supreme Clark's (the mali low's). I would not dare to wear those clarks in the rain because I already see some water spots that are still there.

I was speaking moreso for the beeswax joints. And because I'm from the Bay where we dont have to worry about snow, and really staying up right in the rain is not a problem either, pulling out the beeswax DB's when its pouring is an automatic for me. Again, its just my own personal taste, but the scratches, scuffs, water marks, etc all make the boot look that much better and feel more like my own. Similar to wearing in denim, I guess.

This is a little over 5 years in:

As far as duck boots go, I've been rocking these Pointer joints:

Back
Top Bottom