Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Is it true that you can't taper chinos? I had two separate tailors give me issue over this request

The only reason I could think, is how they are stitched on the inseam (if the stitching is exposed). Rail Car does tapering, and they have a specific mention that they always taper from the inseam (so to not F up the selvedge outseam on denim) and that they replace the entire inseam stitching and do not just mix it with the new taper stitching.

https://railcarfinegoods.com/products/leg-tapering-service

One of the things that separates our service from the rest is the inseam stitch. We replace the inseam stitch with one continuous stitch so that there's no broken or "tacked" inseam stitch like the other guys. The inseam is clean and flawless.

The only reason I could think, is how they are stitched on the inseam (if the stitching is exposed). Rail Car does tapering, and they have a specific mention that they always taper from the inseam (so to not F up the selvedge outseam on denim) and that they replace the entire inseam stitching and do not just mix it with the new taper stitching.

https://railcarfinegoods.com/products/leg-tapering-service

One of the things that separates our service from the rest is the inseam stitch. We replace the inseam stitch with one continuous stitch so that there's no broken or "tacked" inseam stitch like the other guys. The inseam is clean and flawless.
Does rail car repair denim w stretch? Crotch blowout specifically

How are JCrew chinos? I've been wearing BR Aiden fits, but the last pair I bought weren't slim at all. :smh:

Trying to find a olive pair of chinos at a good price point.
Their chinos is cool copped a few pairs (i prefer the slim fit pair thats in j crew outlet store as well as the slim 484 chinos in the regular store out of their lines) .... think abercrombie fitch chinos is good as well

Is it true that you can't taper chinos? I had two separate tailors give me issue over this request
Just got my AE flex chinos tapered with no problem. Just have them make them a little tighter than normal since the flex stretches out.

Just got my AE flex chinos tapered with no problem. Just have them make them a little tighter than normal since the flex stretches out.
The ae flex chinos as well received as their denim? Everyone speaks highly but haven’t been in that store in 10 years maybe? Basic work denim all I’d need

The ae flex chinos as well received as their denim? Everyone speaks highly but haven’t been in that store in 10 years maybe? Basic work denim all I’d need
I don’t have much to compare off of as I only wear their pants. But I like them a lot. Pretty comfortable all around.

How are JCrew chinos? I've been wearing BR Aiden fits, but the last pair I bought weren't slim at all. :smh:

Trying to find a olive pair of chinos at a good price point.

I'm kinda late on this but J. Crew Chinos (specifically the 484) recently have been terrible lately. I bought a couple around the holiday's with the new J. Crew Always tag and the chino's are at least 2 inches wider than previous collections.

I had to do a massive return after my tailor told me that it would cost more for me to taper each pair to match the fit of my older pairs than I had previously spent on the pants.

Supposedly there has been a factory change for J. Crew as sales start to dwindle. I've loved J. Crew for years but I wouldn't be surprised to see them close most physical locations within the next 5 years or so.

J crew is doing a lot of tomfoolery with several different in-house lines that are cut differently sands have varying quality.

Realistically j crew and gap never really had that much a difference in price points. People who bought j crew at retail prices were foolish. They’ve always run a solid 25-30% off.

I only buy gap at 40% off or more and usually spend within a couple of bucks what I would’ve spent at j crew.

Gap is marketed as a little less uppity I guess since it’s supposed to be a very blue collar brand.

During the height of this thread there is no way you could’ve convinced me that j crew would be anywhere near this close to shutting within a decade.

Realistically j crew and gap never really had that much a difference in price points. People who bought j crew at retail prices were foolish. They’ve always run a solid 25-30% off.

I only buy gap at 40% off or more and usually spend within a couple of bucks what I would’ve spent at j crew.

Gap is marketed as a little less uppity I guess since it’s supposed to be a very blue collar brand.

During the height of this thread there is no way you could’ve convinced me that j crew would be anywhere near this close to shutting within a decade.
True when this thread was popping it was all about J. Crew, Allen Edmonds, and Grana.

Admit it, some of y’all have done this. I did it once. (I only needed the shirt for a theme event)

This is nothing new for the ladies...they do it all the time :lol:

Rent a wear :lol: (Buy, wear with the tag on, return it)

Last edited:
True when this thread was popping it was all about J. Crew, Allen Edmonds, and Grana.

I still mess with Grana :lol::nerd:

Although I can’t pay full price, but I have a Japnese denim shirt from them and two other Japanese chambray shirts that are some of my favorite pieces in my closet. I really like how their clothing fits.

Back
Top Bottom