Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Just a quick DB Secret Santa Check!

How is everyone doing on their purchases and Shipping arrangements?

Please let me know if you are having any issues prior to this weekend! Thanks.

i hope to send my SS his present out by end of this week.

I might grab one more item for him, i'm not sure yet.

Did anyone have trouble deciding what to get?

It's tough bc we share alot of shopping habits so I strayed away from the usual.

but I think my elf will look great.

It's tough bc we share alot of shopping habits so I strayed away from the usual.

Kinda sorta but my SS tends to a guy who dress pretty well and can probably pull of anything. I stuck with some basics for my SS. Couple of ties, shoe trees, a couple of shirts, sweater, etc.

Help: I'm looking for a jacket that I can layer with a sweater and whatever else, I was looking at the Liful Jacket (picture below) and kinda want some suggestions on anything similar. I love the brown accessory on the hood string and want something along those lines. Looking for something under 250$. - Gracias

Just a quick DB Secret Santa Check!
How is everyone doing on their purchases and Shipping arrangements?
Please let me know if you are having any issues prior to this weekend! Thanks.

I got behind on sending stuff.

I am doing it on Thursday, Friday the lastest this week.

Kinda sorta but my SS tends to a guy who dress pretty well and can probably pull of anything. I stuck with some basics for my SS. Couple of ties, shoe trees, a couple of shirts, sweater, etc.
I would've been happy with tube socks and cookies, Serg :lol: :tongue: JK I'm not really his SS.

Damn I feel bad now. I didn't get that much for mine, but it was something I thought they would like. :wow:

I'm only talking about really cold days my man, not just a regular winter day :lol:

Oh okay then. That makes sense. I still don't see how most of yall fo it tho. I can only wear normal socks with my dress shoes. Dress socks have my feet sweaty and slippin 5 mins into wearing dress shoes. Usually if I go out and I'm rocking them with jeans then I can careless if I wear gym socks. But when I go to work I Michael Jackson it. I usually tell people that I do it as a tribute to him. 8)

Last edited:
To be fair, you do live in Texas so you probably don't know how cold it gets in other regions. I live in SoCal and I am probably like you, no need for extra thick socks because the coldest is lower 50 degrees while Canada can easily reach 0 degrees or lower.

Can't wear white socks anymore though, even my Nikes are all black.

Thanks to whoever posted that Cole Haan link. I got a pair of those boots on the way. Needed a solid pair of dress(ier) boots for the winter. That Dappered comparison to the Aldens helped me pull the trigger too..

Damn I feel bad now. I didn't get that much for mine, but it was something I thought they would like. :wow:

Don't feel bad, I didn't have a clear thing that my SS wanted specifically plus I'm a bargain hunter, so even with all those things mentioned I stayed within the $50-75 range that was agreed on.

Finally threw on my Earthkeepers boots I ordered during Black Friday

The comfort is just :wow: :wow:. The caramel color on them is also dope.

Really pleased with the purchase. I remember I saw some raving about them like 10 pages back and i totally understand why. :D

To be fair, you do live in Texas so you probably don't know how cold it gets in other regions. I live in SoCal and I am probably like you, no need for extra thick socks because the coldest is lower 50 degrees while Canada can easily reach 0 degrees or lower.

Very true. And I know what you mean on the white socks being black. My girl always asked why my socks were like that when she did laundry. I used to give her **** and make it seem like she wasn't doing a good job. :tongue: lol

What sock do you normally go with? Nike black socks? 8)

Also, I'm currently on the Converse site and they have 25% off for only today. As some of you know I've been wanting to cop these Jack P's for a while now! Thinking about making this my gift to myself or even buying them and telling my parents that these can just be my gift for xmas since I didn't ask for anything. :nerd:

Are they sized just like normal converse? I wear a size 10 in Nike and a size 8 in Converse so..... HELP!

8)

Last edited:
Very true. And I know what you mean on the white socks being black. My girl always asked why my socks were like that when she did laundry. I used to give her **** and make it seem like she wasn't doing a good job. :tongue: lol

What sock do you normally go with? Nike black socks? 8)

My go to is the DriFit socks, just love it because it's mostly cushioned where it is necessary (heel and and balls of your foot) while the rest of the material is think and very breathable. I wear it with my flyknits and man it's like being barefoot. I have all 3 size actually (ankle, crew and close to knee high). They are usually like 6pairs/$20.

Question: What's the single most expensive garment/shoe you've ever purchased???

I feel like this will open a can of worms but could be a good topic nonetheless so carry on. :D

Same with me :lol: I need black socks

Finally threw on my Earthkeepers boots I ordered during Black Friday
The comfort is just :wow: :wow:. The caramel color on them is also dope.
Really pleased with the purchase. I remember I saw some raving about them like 10 pages back and i totally understand why. :D

:wink:

Alright, participating in the jeans challenge. As usual, will likely not everyones cup of tea but comments are welcome of course.
Jeans are light grey, not white and jackets body is navy.

Last edited:
Also, I'm currently on the Converse site and they have 25% off for only today. As some of you know I've been wanting to cop these Jack P's for a while now! Thinking about making this my gift to myself or even buying them and telling my parents that these can just be my gift for xmas since I didn't ask for anything. :nerd:
Are they sized just like normal converse? I wear a size 10 in Nike and a size 8 in Converse so..... HELP!
8)

Whoa. I wear a 12 in Nike and 11 in Converse Chucks. My black leather JPs are size 11 and a bit tight. If I were to buy another pair, I will probably get them in 11.5. I actually have a pair of JP canvas boat shoes in an 11.5 that fit a lot better. Also keep in mind I usually wear them both without socks on.

Back
Top Bottom