Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Random question for you all...
Wingtip Oxford, or Plain Oxford?

Wingtips, I personally much like my elf ReturnBama, prefer wingtips or something with brogues.

It all depends. Wingtips are more casual. Also, you have to take into consideration the type of leather and the sole. I usually wear my Wingtips in my business casual setting and then my plain oxfords with my suits.

Really, wingtips are considered more casual? I always thought they were much more formal than plain oxfords.

Last edited:
Interesting couple sweaters, how will you wear the new one?
The new one fits great. I was kinda scared that the sleeves would be too long and it'd look like I'm Charlie Brown playing the piano. But there is minimal stacking and the body falls to almost cover my rear. I'll just wear it with my "non dress" jeans and sneakers. Eventually I'll try it with a biz casual outfit too, with proper dress trousers and a dress shirt, just to throw off the silhouette a bit.

Jason is right. Historically wingtips have been more casual. Captoe or plain toe are more formal. However, the line is so blurred now. It's just like corduroy used to be a country fabric, but now with the thinner wales, they can be dressed up and resemble velvet basically.

Jason is right. Historically wingtips have been more casual. Captoe or plain toe are more formal. However, the line is so blurred now. It's just like corduroy used to be a country fabric, but now with the thinner wales, they can be dressed up and resemble velvet basically.
I agree. I think if you are looking for versatility the plain oxfords work best. If you are looking to add to a rotation wingtips are a great option.

My first pair or dress shoes were cap toes and I wore them with everything. A butterscotch cap toe is still my go to shoe.

With all of the recent posts, I really think everyone will get their gifts before Xmas as intended! :smile: Very excited to see this program comes through without a glitch.

I agree with you all, I've always preferred Wingtip over Plain.
Was just interested in your opinions :D
I also love wingtips, that's why I have so many pairs in so many variations, ie longwing and shortwing. And chances are, the average person won't even care about this stuff. This is for us clothing nerds :lol:

I agree. I think if you are looking for versatility the plain oxfords work best. If you are looking to add to a rotation wingtips are a great option.
My first pair or dress shoes were cap toes and I wore them with everything. A butterscotch cap toe is still my go to shoe.

Pics of these butterscotch cap toes? They sound nice!

Also, for all the guys with fine shoes out there that are Good Year welted, ie AE, Alden, etc. send the shoes to this guy if you need to resole: http://www.bnelsonshoes.com/high_grade_shoes.asp
Thread on SF as a testament: http://www.styleforum.net/t/174358/b-nelson-shoes-recraft-results
If you get an approval on SF's MC, then you're pretty much golden. These are the dudes who mail their clothes to be dry cleaned at a luxury dry cleaners in AZ somewhere :lol:

They seem to do an amazing job and the price is not bad at all. May have to check them out. I personally like using The Leather Spa on 55th.

I need to gain weight. I'm 6'5'' and weigh 185... I want to be at least at 200.

Clothes would look and fit better.

On another note, here are two pics I've taken that could serve as inspiration.

A shot of my old 01' TB III's... one of the few Jordans that could easily be dressed up.

This thread is the shhhh... no other thread on NT is as dope as this one, except maybe the "post pics of cute girls".

PEACE!!

2nd vid... grown man steez.
pimp.gif

LANative: You're 6'5''? Time to try out for the Lakers, man :lol: Sorry RFX and Serg...had to do it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some red boat shoes :nerd:

I have a pair of Allen Edmond boaters already, looking for some new ones

Back
Top Bottom