Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Is that Gilt code expired? It doesn't work for me... 
I think it's for first time purchases. Try creating a new account 

Nah, I had gotten it and had bought from Gilt/Park & Bond before but it'd been a while. They had been sending me 30% off also randomly, trying to get me to buy again.

It might've been tp random members, posibly frequent shoppers and those who hadn't in a while to encourage a purchase. I don't bother with Gilt because if I ever check it out, it seems like all of the good stuff is gone as soon as the sale goes up.

whats next after the denim challenge?
K recently proposed an ugly sweater contest. The only thing I can use are my fair isle pieces.

I proposed a theme of red and/or green attire at the beginning of the month for the Xmas spirit. I feel a lot more will join since the colors are pretty common. Someone's gonna come through with green camo pants and red Jordans of some sort I'm sure :lol:

The Japanese are definitely unique:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/a22ef3f7600549eec16b1e190ad0cac9/tumblr_mexk88E0xP1qax3ueo1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/8cdcf8fed2f7504d9f17a0e1908ce013/tumblr_mexk0pQDz61qax3ueo1_500.jpg

The weird/funny thing is that they're into this whole workwear AKA Americana scene more than the Americans. For those that are unfamiliar, this is the whole work shirt, rugged boots, and selvedge jean aesthetic, pretty much what J. Crew is going after. The whole thing is a sham anyway because no average middle class blue collar worker will shell out $450 for a pair of Alden Indy, and $200 for selvedge jeans just to go to work.

thanks, im thinking about the prps more but i usually get my jeans, tapered and shortened. with these, not sure if i want to shorten or keep em at whatever length and get the whole whiskers and such going on :rolleyes
Yeah I feel you. I almost will probably get these tailored/altered to get a perfect fit. I'm very picky when it comes to my jean fit. 

FYI, a lot of people said go true to size or size down one. I went true to size to leave room for alterations

Until this year I have never been content with my denim. I am unbelievably picky when it comes to getting the right fit.

My RL Slims are a dream come true

My vote is on the ugly sweater contest.

My grandma bought me one that will keep you at least 10 feet from me in public :lol:

The Japanese are definitely unique:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/a22ef3f7600549eec16b1e190ad0cac9/tumblr_mexk88E0xP1qax3ueo1_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/8cdcf8fed2f7504d9f17a0e1908ce013/tumblr_mexk0pQDz61qax3ueo1_500.jpg
The weird/funny thing is that they're into this whole workwear AKA Americana scene more than the Americans. For those that are unfamiliar, this is the whole work shirt, rugged boots, and selvedge jean aesthetic, pretty much what J. Crew is going after. The whole thing is a sham anyway because no average middle class blue collar worker will shell out $450 for a pair of Alden Indy, and $200 for selvedge jeans just to go to work.

I would have to second this. I was deployed to Japan and they definitely go overboard on American culture. There is actually a sub-culture where the girls dress like black girls with weaves. Its scary.

EVERYTHING? :wow:
Looks like I'll be heading to the GAP on Broadway this weekend :pimp:

It ends Sunday actually, I forgot to read the fine print,it's not valid on sale items and not valid at the following stores Robertson Blvd in Los Angeles, CA and Spring & Broadway in New York, NY

Anyone know if the Gap x GQ BLK DNM Leather bombers run true to size? I've been seeing mixed measurements on smalls and mediums. Please help!

I used the "MY50" on park and bond and ordered the Naked and Famous weird guy in raspberry indigo. Comes out to about $45 shipped.

my vote goes to red/green xmas challenge. no ugly sweaters on my end (at least i think so)

This. Will the challenge begin Friday when the other ends?

Anyone going, or ever been, to Santacon in NYC? I'm not into costumes (i.e. the customary Santa suits) so I'm taking a bit of a dressing better approach with my fit. My last piece should arrive in the mail today so hopefully it all comes together. I'll try to get pics early in the day before the festivities begin for the next challenge!

I would have to second this. I was deployed to Japan and they definitely go overboard on American culture. There is actually a sub-culture where the girls dress like black girls with weaves. Its scary.

Trying to figure out if this is racist or not.

Definitely hitting up that GAP sale today.

Back
Top Bottom