Dressing Better Vol 2.0

See that's the thing with fashion, when done properly most items in your closet should reach across time. I can pull suits out from 10 years ago and they garner compliments as well. See I've seen this time and time with all different types of clothes. In 18 months you will not be able to step out the house in that suit because the style will be out and you will regret the hell out of the pics. I remember I was wearing Polo's when people wear wearing throwback and funny color AF1. Now these were the same people who were wearing cross colours and carhart when I was wearing Polo, Polo Sport, Polo Snowbeach stuff, in the late 80's early to mid 90's, just saying.
Look man not looking to get into a pissing match, I just gave my veiw. But since that you that suit is not appropriate for that type of event. Just imagine if you would have met a CEO that day, do you think he would want you walking around the office like that. Further more that is not a dress or formal, that suit should only be worn to a fashion show, art show, wine tasting, type setting, not an event were conversation has the potential to go beyond whatever the primary focaus of the event is.

Slim fitting suits have never been out of style, look at pictures from decades ago, the heyday of the suit, the 40s, 50s and 60s and many of the suits are slim fitting. They fit the person extremely well, with shoulders flush with their actual shoulders and not the padding that become ever so popular in the last decade or so. What's unfortunately become popular is the slim lapels which yes I would agree would not be in style in 10 years.

Common Projects are 50% off at Park & Bond, try and use GILT50 if it can knock 50% off your order ($100 max discount) but the code only works on certain Gilt accounts (Gilt owns Park&Bond) but worth a shot as it can bring some CP down to $100.
good looks, just got some naked and famous selvedge for $40
pimp.gif
repped.
Thanks bruh, but I gotta give credit where credit is due. It was this man who put me onto it

Slim fitting suits have never been out of style, look at pictures from decades ago, the heyday of the suit, the 40s, 50s and 60s and many of the suits are slim fitting. They fit the person extremely well, with shoulders flush with their actual shoulders and not the padding that become ever so popular in the last decade or so. What's unfortunately become popular is the slim lapels which yes I would agree would not be in style in 10 years.
Agreed, this is the type of conversation I'm use to having when someone doesn't agree with me. But honestly the point I was trying to make is that these guys now are buying ''itty bitty'' clothes instead of slim fitting clothes, there is a difference. 

thread was going too well. we were due for a trolling and derailment
Well, we know the drill. I just hope it's not the same person(s) coming back with different persona.

To the participants, please post the gifts when you get them to keep the vibe positive and cheerful :smile:

Damn I leave for a few hrs and see the page jump. I'm excited to see new pics of gifts and deals only to speed read a bunch of nonsense. This thread has always been about the positives and not the negatives. For the record the suit looks fitted. Maybe you were just starring at the man's shaft too hard.

Going to hit up the mall on Friday so expect this thread flooded with deals and pics.

how slim do you think those PRPS's will be?
and the n&f's, you copped those grey selvage joints?
nerd.gif
Fairly slim, for me at least. Slim to me is a Levi's 514 while slim to a lot of people I have talked to is a 511 (skinny for me). They will be a standard slim straight, not tight though. A little slimmer than 514s

how slim do you think those PRPS's will be?

and the n
Fairly slim, for me at least. Slim to me is a Levi's 514 while slim to a lot of people I have talked to is a 511 (skinny for me). They will be a standard slim straight, not tight though. A little slimmer than 514s
thanks, im thinking about the prps more but i usually get my jeans, tapered and shortened. with these, not sure if i want to shorten or keep em at whatever length and get the whole whiskers and such going on :rolleyes

haha that'd be me....but awesome glad you liked it bro! Happy Holidays!, I forgot to put my username on there :smh:... knew I had to get you some JCrew stuff :lol: :smokin

dude every item hit the spot, been wanting a tie like that for some time, but never actually got it, and the vest :pimp:

Niiice post up some pics whenever you rock any of it, hopefully it all will fit well :smokin

thanks, im thinking about the prps more but i usually get my jeans, tapered and shortened. with these, not sure if i want to shorten or keep em at whatever length and get the whole whiskers and such going on
eyes.gif
Yeah I feel you. I almost will probably get these tailored/altered to get a perfect fit. I'm very picky when it comes to my jean fit. 

FYI, a lot of people said go true to size or size down one. I went true to size to leave room for alterations

To the guy looking at Aldens...try to buy from sites like Shoemart or Epaulet. No sales tax and shipping should be free. :smile:
The guy in question:

Any info on these shoes? Brand and where to buy? Thanks. :nerd:

Yeah I feel you. I almost will probably get these tailored/altered to get a perfect fit. I'm very picky when it comes to my jean fit. 

FYI, a lot of people said go true to size or size down one. I went true to size to leave room for alterations
if they fit anything like prps barracudas you should size down 1-2 easily

RE: Gilt code...try this "20EXTRA" or "20 EXTRA", I forgot if there's a space or not. It worked for me twice. There are some exclusions though. I tried it on Balenciaga for women and it didn't work. I also tried it on a Rolex a couple of days ago, and it was no good.

I've always been a fan of turtleneck, just wish I can rock them comfortably...the neck always make me feel congested.

Last edited:
does the MY50 or GILT50 not work anymore ? want to buy something and new account too.. anyone know if it still works ?

Back
Top Bottom