Dressing Better Vol 2.0

As soon as I saw what J Crew was doing with their new Men's line and store about six years ago,I immediately thought of a few of my musical heroes...

...and The Champ with The Stilt,

Cool stuff.

Last edited:
I'm 5'11.5'' and I wear a 44L. Man I know more than my fair share about suits and dress shoes. But then again I'm oldschool I never were suits straight off the rack and I never wear shoes before they have been tapped on the heels and had real goodyear anti slip covering applied, but then again i know nothing. Let me ask you this though since you know it all, Where is proper cuff placement for pants. In other words where should you pants hit you shoes at? Heel, above the heel, ankle, or just any where GQ magazine decide it should be that day. Or may be they were just trying to shoecase the socks or create a color theme and you mistaken it for correct pants length, it happens, I'm picture positive it does.
Where the pants hit shoe is a matter of personal preference. 

Why don't you post some pics of you in suits, though?
You said you can reach in and get something from a decade back so I'm sure you have pics available from past events of you wearing suits

Damn, 5'11 and 44L? You must either be brolic or a hippo.

I'm 5'10 and wear 36R :lol:

:smh: Seriously

I'm 6' 1" like I said earlier, and I wear 44R and that's in SLIM suits WITH tailoring.

+ We know this dude isn't wearing slim suits, 44L is WAY too big

Did you inherit papas suits? Poor fool.

Get this clown out of here :smh:

I'm just waiting on them pics.

577710d7_Filming_April_LA_Mall_2010_252892529.jpeg

Info on the shoes?

Looks like a pair of Allen Edmonds. The shoe store they go in also looks like an Allen Edmond store.

In "Walnut" http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF270_1_40000000001_-1

I've seen this movie 3 times just to admire his fits :lol:

Last edited:
My point exactly, his suit is pinned to highlight one thing or another, but cats going into stores buy little bitty *** suits, LOL. You actually think that that suit D. Wade has on fits properly?

based on the fashion of today YES it is, fits his body well.

ive worn the **** out of the suits i have to all sorts of events and actually been complimented by both men and women, ill stick to my itty bitty suits, thanks for the input.

This dude deltadogman is annoying but he is right that Wade's suit doesn't fit well. Yes it's GQ and pinned but it's beyond slim to the point that it wouldn't be too functional to wear.

The main point though, yours is fine.

You realize CP is listed as 6' which means he's probably more around 5' 11 or 5'10

I'm 6' 1" and I wear a 44R. I honestly doubt you know anything about suits
I'm 5'11.5'' and I wear a 44L. Man I know more than my fair share about suits and dress shoes. But then again I'm oldschool I never were suits straight off the rack and I never wear shoes before they have been tapped on the heels and had real goodyear anti slip covering applied, but then again i know nothing. Let me ask you this though since you know it all, Where is proper cuff placement for pants. In other words where should you pants hit you shoes at? Heel, above the heel, ankle, or just any where GQ magazine decide it should be that day. Or may be they were just trying to shoecase the socks or create a color theme and you mistaken it for correct pants length, it happens, I'm picture positive it does.

Wait, what? 5'11(.5)" :smile:lol) and you wear a 44L? How much do you weigh and are you all arms & torso? I gotta see this.

Last edited:
Wait, what? 5'11(.5)" (
laugh.gif
) and you wear a 44L? How much do you weigh and are you all arms & torso? I gotta see this.
Man, I wore a 42L in high school. Have been in the military and everybody knows Class A's are dress right dress and fitted to the T. I weigh 202, wear a size 12 shoe. 

This dude deltadogman is annoying but he is right that Wade's suit doesn't fit well. Yes it's GQ and pinned but it's beyond slim to the point that it wouldn't be too functional to wear.
The main point though, yours is fine.
Annoying because I have an opinion and preference that is based on etiquette and experience. And i knew what I was dealing with when they said D.Wade's suit was ok, I just continued for entertainment

gilt has done some shady things with PRPS in the past though by selling PRPS Heirloom and labeling it as if it were their higher end products

6ft, checking in, rarely fit in to a 42 anything and usually it's 44-46R.

Sorry bro's, can't remember the last time being under 200lb's and honestly my ideal weight is 200-205. That's where I'm comfortable at. I was 250 at the beginning of this year :smile:{), right now in between 225-235 (Damn holidays). Hope to get to 200 by pool season, that's the goal. Don't want to dip below that.

Always been big... shoulders, arms, quads, etc. All my **** has to be tailored.

160-175lb's, ain't about that small life, sorry bro's.

gilt has done some shady things with PRPS in the past though by selling PRPS Heirloom and labeling it as if it were their higher end products
Damn you got me worried now 
laugh.gif
. Is $50 a good price for even their Heirloom. My initial choice before finding these was to buy Unbranded jeans. Would I have been better off doing that?

Edit: I think I might be good, that is if the pics from Gilt are the ones I'm getting. The pics from Gilt has a brown rectangular stitch thing on the bottom of the back right pocket. The pictures of the heirloom don't have that

http://www.styleforum.net/t/323833/...ht-leg-denim-sz-31-with-17-5-waist-retail-495

Last edited:
^ the heirlooms are okay, they rival most dept store brand names like 7, Diesel, etc

I love the true PRPs jeans though, their Rambler Raws I have are top notch

Back
Top Bottom