Dressing Better Vol 2.0

:lol: those knots are aggresive as hell. i like it though

rocked my $17 jacket from jcp. works well for layering to thin to wear on its own.

Do you get your jeans tailored or are they like that otr?

Found another pair of AEs size 13D macneils for $40. Worth it?

Yeah, they don't look bad at all.

Even if you can't sell them (which I doubt) they'd still be a fun restoration project :D

edit: Don't get them, didn't realize they were $40 :wow:

Last edited:
Found another pair of AEs size 13D macneils for $40. Worth it?

You have some good luck man. I never find anything worthwhile when thrift shopping.
I would say don't buy the macneils. At $40, even if you do sell them the profit would be minimal at best.
And if you can't sell them for a decent price you're gonna be stuck with a pair of shoes that are nowhere near your size

Probably wouldn't make anything on them. Keep in mind there is a SF thread for Thrifting and most people trade items.

Jason, you really don't think I could make some money on them on like eBay?

Probably not much, once you consider ebay fees and shipping it's not even worth the time.

HOWEVER that pair of AE's you found 2 days ago would be a good pickup

Jason, you really don't think I could make some money on them on like eBay?

At $40, no. The profit margin just isn't there. Black AEs tend to not sell well on eBay. I have a $30 profit margin on used shoes. If I can't cover that I say no. I did a search for completed listings and new pairs sold for $225. But in that condition they sold for $50-$60. So you can make that call. My view on AEs when reselling is to buy low, $5-10, to resell. Only spend $30-$40 if they are my size and I can send them to AE to be reconditioned.

Has anyone ever had an order canceled before on Gilt? I added a pair of Common Projects Tournament sneakers a while ago to my wish list and randomly found them in my cart today for $87. Order placed, anxiously awaiting shipping confirmation.

Has anyone ever had an order canceled before on Gilt? I added a pair of Common Projects Tournament sneakers a while ago to my wish list and randomly found them in my cart today for $87. Order placed, anxiously awaiting shipping confirmation.
They shipped me wrong thing once and then item I ordered was gone, so it could happen

Got the new J.Crew catalog today...A few interesting things the herringbone Italian linen Ludlow sport coat is a must along with the blue Sperrys

Got the new J.Crew catalog today...A few interesting things the herringbone Italian linen Ludlow sport coat is a must along with the blue Sperrys

I received the mag a couple of days ago and nothing really stood out from the men's section. I still don't know why they tend to flip the sleeves on all models. That looks so incoherent especially with suits.

A: I don't think it's worth it because the size is too large. Size 8 to 11 would be quick sellers I think. Assume that new AEs can be had for $200 on sale, good conditioned pairs of the aforementioned sizes should be able to sell for around $100. Check for sole wears and of course clean and condition the shoes as much as you can before listing.

:lol: those knots are aggresive as hell. i like it though
rocked my $17 jacket from jcp. works well for layering to thin to wear on its own.

I Like The Looks Of This Fit..... Pant Cuffs Don't Look Too Big At All IMO...... Granted I'm New Here And All, I Think This Was Executed Well 8)

*Repped

For S.N.G's..... I'm Sure This Combo Isn't For Everyone Here (Probably Coulda Used Some Contrast In The Tie), But This Tie Was One Of My Grandfather's(R.I.P.) I Found While Back Home Visiting For My Aunt's Funeral...... Figured It'd Be A Nice Piece To Incorporate With My Suit As A Way To Bring Him With Me To The Funeral....

*Excuse The Odd Lay Of My Suit Coat Due To Hand Placement And This Being A Random Shot That Was Taken Of Me

Last edited:
^Sole: Everything fits well. The only thing is that you don't button the 2nd button on a 2 button jacket. The length of the sleeve is great...it allows just enough of the shirt sleeve to be shown.

^Sole: Everything fits well. The only thing is that you don't button the 2nd button on a 2 button jacket. The length of the sleeve is great...it allows just enough of the shirt sleeve to be shown.

And THIS Is Why I Have Started To Participate More In This Thread :lol:..... I Would Have NEVER Known This! :wow:

*REPPED

That suit looks good man. And I actually like the tie for the event. And the reasoning makes it all the better. My condolences man.

And THIS Is Why I Have Started To Participate More In This Thread :lol:..... I Would Have NEVER Known This! :wow:

*REPPED

We're here to help! :smile:
Same rule goes for cardigans too. I keep the last button undone.

Went to my local Target and saw the Neiman Marcus items were reduced to 70% off. The Rag & Bone cardigan is now $21. Really a nice sweater at that price, in my opinion. Just passing the info along.

Edit: Just saw this was posted a couple days ago, my mistake. Well now it's posted again :tongue:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom