Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I have a few pairs left.
21bqdyd.gif
Me too man, I'm trying to get rid of a lot of them and keep the ones that are plain enough to be worn with anything.

So glad I've moved into the more "fitting" clothes now and not the graphic tee trend I was in, I still have the urge to buy sneakers tho. Do you guys still have most of your sneakers in your weekly rotation? Or have you gotten rid of most of them?

I worked too hard to give my collection away. However, in my will I asked for my family to donate my sneakers to a boys orphan home.

Thanks to RFX, I've inquire a taste in high end sneakers....but, I do rotate my sneakers on the weekends.

Last edited:
You guys tripping about black suits. LoL. Every man should have one. I am curious to know how many suits and blazers you guys own...

I have:

2 Tuxs
12 Blazers
15 Suits

Damn that's a lot of suits dude. What colors do you have them in, and what brand and material?

You guys tripping about black suits. LoL. Every man should have one. I am curious to know how many suits and blazers you guys own...

I have:

2 Tuxs
12 Blazers
15 Suits

i never said i don't own one. a black suit is far from the most universal though and if someone can only own one suit, or is looking for his first suit, black should not be the color he goes for first.

So glad I've moved into the more "fitting" clothes now and not the graphic tee trend I was in, I still have the urge to buy sneakers tho. Do you guys still have most of your sneakers in your weekly rotation? Or have you gotten rid of most of them?

I still rock sneakers. I still rock graphic tees. I wear sneakers probably 5 out of the 7 days of the week.

You can look good rocking those too. I can't leave the streetwear behind, ever. I guess I just come from that school of thought. I've always said you can rock streetwear with a grown-up sense of style without having to wear a blazer, tie, and some hard shoes.

A
Damn that's a lot of suits dude. What colors do you have them in, and what brand and material?

All colors from black to tan to brown...

All materials from tweed to seersucker to linen

pinstripes to solids to sharkskin

High end brand - Hugo boss, Ralph Lauren
Regular Brand - Tallia Orange, Michael Kors, Kenneth Cole, DKNY, Jones New York, Jack Victor
Couple of tailored suits

i never said i don't own one. a black suit is far from the most universal though and if someone can only own one suit, or is looking for his first suit, black should not be the color he goes for first.

Bet. Just wasn't aming at you.

I just brought a black suit today lmao. I was feeling some kind of way...I got a really good deal on it.

I still rock sneakers. I still rock graphic tees. I wear sneakers probably 5 out of the 7 days of the week.

You can look good rocking those too. I can't leave the streetwear behind, ever. I guess I just come from that school of thought. I've always said you can rock streetwear with a grown-up sense of style without having to wear a blazer, tie, and some hard shoes.
I agree, don't get me wrong I love to rock a tee and some nice denim but I would just rather it be a plain tee now rather then some gaudy looking image on it. 

I'm trying to get rid of mine... No need for them.. They look cool but they are too hard to maintain and not very versatile... Trying to use the money I get from selling my kicks in order to buy very nice timeless high quality shoes like: carmina, crockett & jones, gucci, slp, as, common projects, and others

is that big *** RV parked by where you live or where you work? i just find it oddly out of place
:lol: It's by where we live, man. Each townhouse has a 2 car garage and an extra spot. Some of these guys have like 4+ cars and RVs. There's probably 10+ RVs around the area. It belongs to the neighbor.

last refers to the shape of the shoe in relationship to the shape of the foot
Correct. Some lasts are rounded, others are more chiseled, and fit differently. IE: Alden uses the Barrie, TruBalance lasts that are .5 bigger than others from its own makes.

Like my blazer? Tailor made from Seymour's Fashions located in San Francisco.

Not a great picture, but it's going to have to do.

If anybody is interested... expensive, but worth the money... see that inlining!?

Pictures don't do justice. Insane in person.

Go easy guys...

Last edited:
You ever owned a pair?

I had a pair of the US Navy exclusives, they came out to the boat and measured us. Then they would save our measurements, for future custom orders.
They did me a pair of corefram's. They hurt like hell, while walking around base.

good quality. american made. decent price point. huge variety of styles. what's not to like?

I think its my size 13 foot, they look horrible in my size.

Just picked up this pea coat at a second hand shop. I live in california and it never gets too cold here so I'm not planning to layer much with it. It's my first pea coat and navy if you can't tell from the picture. The buttons have little anchors in em which I thought was a cool touch.

Any recommendations on what to wear with it causally?? I think the fit is pretty good but if anyone has any comments on that I'd love to hear those as well. Thanks!

You can still incorporate graphic tees, sneakers, etc into what is more the style of this thread/a more mature look. I personally don't like graphics but I have plenty of well worn tees with team or other random printing that I'll wear, mostly to to gym and they're comfortable. I just think over the top large graphics, **** like Chicks Dig Kicks or whatever isn't a good look. Bulky sneakers like Foamposites or silhouettes like later Jordans are no good IMO, just as examples. I think tennis/Chucks/Pucells/CPs/MMM/etc work well, a lot of retro running shoes are fine, etc.

That's just me though.

Just picked up this pea coat at a second hand shop. I live in california and it never gets too cold here so I'm not planning to layer much with it. It's my first pea coat and navy if you can't tell from the picture. The buttons have little anchors in em which I thought was a cool touch.

Any recommendations on what to wear with it causally?? I think the fit is pretty good but if anyone has any comments on that I'd love to hear those as well. Thanks!

Didn't see this in time. Overall the fit is okay, I like the classic look, big collar, larger buttons and spacing...but something is off with the cut of the body compared to the width & length of the arms, it's not proportioned well. Good news is that if you're in CA, you can probably wear it open more often and it might look even better. Throw on a scarf if you're okay with that and you're good.

Last edited:
You can still incorporate graphic tees, sneakers, etc into what is more the style of this thread/a more mature look. I personally don't like graphics but I have plenty of well worn tees with team or other random printing that I'll wear, mostly to to gym and they're comfortable. I just think over the top large graphics, **** like Chicks Dig Kicks or whatever isn't a good look. Bulky sneakers like Foamposites or silhouettes like later Jordans are no good IMO, just as examples. I think tennis/Chucks/Pucells/CPs/MMM/etc work well, a lot of retro running shoes are fine, etc.

That's just me though.

I have agree. Im in Texas though I am having a hard time finding nice stuff to wear in the summer. You sweat for no reason. So you will ruin nice stuff. I am going to try a different style tis summer. I was camo cargos and nike graphic tees last summer. Dont want that look this year. At 6'3" it begins a challenge trying to find shorts that my balls dont fall out the bottom and not too long.

Im getting rid of most of my sneakers, as the other guy said, not too versatile.

My clothes are slimmer, but not tight (at least I try not to)

I still buy tees but most of my tees are plain colors w/b or a pattern like stripes, argyle, etc.
Only thing I can't stand is polka dot since the kwame days. you 80's early 90's guys know what I'm talking about.

Didn't see this in time. Overall the fit is okay, I like the classic look, big collar, larger buttons and spacing...but something is off with the cut of the body compared to the width & length of the arms, it's not proportioned well. Good news is that if you're in CA, you can probably wear it open more often and it might look even better. Throw on a scarf if you're okay with that and you're good.

The length of the arms seemed okay to me...are they too short? And the width did seem a little strange to me as well. Is that something a tailor could slim down? Thanks for the response

The length of the arms seemed okay to me...are they too short? And the width did seem a little strange to me as well. Is that something a tailor could slim down? Thanks for the response
It's a bit too short. Look underneath and if there's enough material, it can be let down. Half an inch longer would be on the spot to me.

Fellas: I want to pick your brain a bit. When it comes to buying clothes...what are the criteria you set? Low price? High quality? etc. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom