Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'm moving from Cali to New York for a year. I have never layered clothing before because the weather in LA did not really require me to do so. My question is. If  i want to wear lets say a varsity jacket with a hoodie under (my clothing size is a small) should I buy the jacket a medium? What are pros and  not so great things to look out for  in regards to the fitting. I like my clothes fitted but with room to move around.

It depends on the cut of the jacket. If it is meant to be slim then you might have to size up if you are set on wearing a thick layer underneath, however, if the jacket is cut with more room to begin with, then you can get away with getting you normal size. It is best to try it on in person with a hoodie on and see if it fits like you want. Or order both sizes and return one.

That's actually quite a perfect fit.. Plus it's an overcoat, you're not wearing it with too many layers in the first place.

Yes it is spot on and suits him well. There is no problems with it, however, I was just stating my opinion, sleeves look really narrow and body is form fitting, which does not mean it is too small, just that it fits snug and could be uncomfortable (this is a personal pref) . Your classic overcoats are cut with a little extra room, and usually intended to be worn over a thick layer such as a blazer or suit and scarf.

Speaking of LunarGrands.....Fragment Design x Cole Haan Spring/Summer '13

The weather got pretty high today so the camo was a no go. It was probably a blessing in disguise because RFX would've posted so many gifs the thread would've been shut down.

Express is running an extra 50% on their clearance rack that ends tonight.
Tried on this peacoat in a small it would run $65 after the discount

Also tried on a topcoat/peacoat that's also $65 (small)

Both seemed very well made for the price point but I passed since I don't really wear black :/ sucks because I've really been looking for a topcoat. Just need it in charcoal/navy

Edit: based on the beckham fit, do you think his coat looks odd with his shoe colorway choice? Reason I passed on this is because I favor walnut shoes over anything. Would walnut and black just not work?

Last edited:
The weather got pretty high today so the camo was a no go. It was probably a blessing in disguise because RFX would've posted so many gifs the thread would've been shut down.

Last edited:
Express is running an extra 50% on their clearance rack that ends tonight.
Tried on this peacoat in a small it would run $65 after the discount

Also tried on a topcoat/peacoat that's also $65 (small)

Both seemed very well made for the price point but I passed since I don't really wear black :/ sucks because I've really been looking for a topcoat. Just need it in charcoal/navy

Edit: based on the beckham fit, do you think his coat looks odd with his shoe colorway choice? Reason I passed on this is because I favor walnut shoes over anything. Would walnut and black just not work?

I personally do not see anything wrong with the color of the shoe and the coat. It works well if the other pieces of the outfit are assembled correctly. For example all black pants, coat, and then walnut shoes might be too much of a contrast, but if you do charcoal pants, and a white shirt, camel, maroon, light grey, or olive sweater or scarf, and the black coat, it could work very well with the walnut shoe

Damn Pinoy, I just got back from Express and all they had was a large. I didn't pick up the cable knit shawl navy cardigan for $25 and a grey sweater for $20

Back
Top Bottom