Dressing Better Vol 2.0

went with my dad to our new dentist office today and realized there was a consignment shop across the street. Very small hole in the wall type place with a very small men's section that shocking had pretty nice pieces. Only problem is that the lady knew what she had, so no dirt cheap steals. However, i did run into a pristine 3 piece YSL navy suit and a few RL and Chanel overcoats. I ended up walking out with these:

$7 in total :smokin

Last edited:
Pretty much on. About a $100.

Adrian continues with the luck.
Haha thanks Wis. The shoes I posted earlier all sold for crazy good profits.
$15 AEs went for $70
$8 AEs went for $40
$12 Jordans went for $118

I think after fees/shipping cost, net profit will be around $150-160

also, lady who owned the shop told me she had some Gucci and Tom Ford pieces come through in the past...definitely checking in there from now on

Last edited:
$15 AEs went for $70
$8 AEs went for $40

I was going to go to a couple of thrift stores today, but skipped them and went to Barnes and Noble instead :lol:

Good stuff, man. I know you're a biz major...go impress one of your teachers and said that you made almost 500% net return on your investments that requires basically no initial cost :lol: They might give you extra credit or something if you prepare the report. I'm not trying to turn this into anything, but this profit sure sounds a lot better than others your age trying to camp out in line for Jordans and flip them for marginal profit, not to mention the high risk of getting hurt physically.

@Tsmoothreturns it depends on a number of factors weather to size up. the material the jacket is made of, how the brand cuts their clothes, and what you consider "room".

been some great stuff going on in here lately. i missed the giveaway :smh: at me.

88 babies turn 25 this year :smokin, so been hitting the club more often with the homies. here go some recent fits form this past weekend.

i ended up picking up the TBxNMxTarget jacket was on clearance for like $45 so i said **** it, dressed it down for the club. it fit well imo, with enough room to still diddy bop with comfort.

hit a day party saturday with no dress code so i figured it would be a good opportunity to attempt the down vest over blazer thing. i mean i liked the look, i dont really see the point of it besides fashion but i am willing to try anything once. ignore my cuffs thats just how i felt at the time :lol:

and we still doing rugged shoe challenge :nerd:, wore buttas the other day

What type of jeans are in the first to pics?
And are they tailored anything at all or just "off the rack?"

The weather got pretty high today so the camo was a no go. It was probably a blessing in disguise because RFX would've posted so many gifs the thread would've been shut down.

Looking good man. One of my favorite fits from you yet.

Reactions: wj4
$15 AEs went for $70
$8 AEs went for $40

I was going to go to a couple of thrift stores today, but skipped them and went to Barnes and Noble instead :lol:

Good stuff, man. I know you're a biz major...go impress one of your teachers and said that you made almost 500% net return on your investments that requires basically no initial cost :lol: They might give you extra credit or something if you prepare the report. I'm not trying to turn this into anything, but this profit sure sounds a lot better than others your age trying to camp out in line for Jordans and flip them for marginal profit, not to mention the high risk of getting hurt physically.

But then wouldn't the time spent going to the stores and traveling expenses and then having to restore them be the same as if you just worked a whole day? :nerd:

Went to 2 thrift stores today and came up empty handed :smh:

I was hoping to find a decent blazer, all they had were choppa suits

$15 AEs went for $70
$8 AEs went for $40

But then wouldn't the time spent going to the stores and traveling expenses and then having to restore them be the same as if you just worked a whole day? :nerd:
I suppose if I was doing it for that sole purpose but my main reason for thrifting is for adding pieces to my own wardrobe like the ties I just posted. Selling pieces I find is just an added bonus. And when it comes to restoring shoes, I actually thoroughly enjoy cleaning/polishing and seeing the final product so I don't look at it as time wasted.

Side note, I've actually profited a significant amount from thrifting in comparison to how much I've spent on things I've kept. I'd estimate after the four ties, three blazers, overcoat, belt, and shoes I've purchased for myself, they cost nothing while I've ended up putting $150 or so back into my pocket.

Hey DB'ers,

I was looking for an everyday watch and am looking specifically at the Timex weekender series just because of the versatility of the straps and the watch in general. My only gripe is the fact that it is a 38mm watch and I am looking more towards the 42mm range..any ideas or suggestions?

You are correct if someone was doing it solely for this reason. However, I do not think anyone that is this knowledgeable will do so. Even the pros on SF keep stuff for themselves if they fit. You really need to have a keen eye to make a pretty penny via thrifting.

Went to 2 thrift stores today and came up empty handed :smh:

I was hoping to find a decent blazer, all they had were choppa suits
Welcome to the club, brother. :lol:

It's nearly impossible to tell from the picture what shoes Kobe was wearing. Looks like a high end pair of Cap toe balmorals. Take your pics: St Crispin's, JL, EG, etc. On a side note, Kobe looks like he's mentally talking to Phil.

Back
Top Bottom