Dressing Better Vol 2.0

For you guys with Red Wings, what oik/polish do you use to spruce them up with?

Also, has anyone gotten their RW's resoled? I'm thinking it's time after this winter. Should i send them back to RW or just find a local cobbler somewhere?

I'd send to RW if possible because it looks like a lot of work and I'd rather the shoe manufacturer itself replaces.

Red Wing Resole

Also, has anyone gotten their RW's resoled? I'm thinking it's time after this winter. Should i send them back to RW or just find a local cobbler somewhere?

I used to send my custom red wings I wore in the Navy back here to the Houston Shoe Hospital for a re-sole. I went through sole every 6 months. The non skid on the aircraft carrier was brutal.

Last edited:
Mom-in-law got me these cardigans a couple days ago,

I wouldn't just go to any cobbler. I'd look into B. Nelson, it's the only person in the U.S. I would send my shoes/boots to.

For rugged footwear, I use cleaner/conditioner and then mink oil.

I wash them with a leather cleaner and then rub mink oil on them.

You can find mink oil for like $5 at CVS or any convenience store really... stuff works amazingly

Hey guys, I've been a few of you post those shoe-tree's (I believe pinoy you said they were called that) in here a few times. Any links to some solid ones?

I just got a new job recently and we move into a new office in a week, where the dress code becomes business attire (shirt + tie), I dress pretty nice now, but want to enhance by wardrobe as I just got a mini-promotion already and have been working a ton of overtime (extra income)

Luckily I've kept up with this thread since page 1, before I even re-signed up after the move to the new platform. Got some good ideas and bookmarks of some things I want. And just wanted to say thanks for all of the posts and knowledge over the year/years!

Hey guys, I've been a few of you post those shoe-tree's (I believe pinoy you said they were called that) in here a few times. Any links to some solid ones?

I just got a new job recently and we move into a new office in a week, where the dress code becomes business attire (shirt + tie), I dress pretty nice now, but want to enhance by wardrobe as I just got a mini-promotion already and have been working a ton of overtime (extra income)

Luckily I've kept up with this thread since page 1, before I even re-signed up after the move to the new platform. Got some good ideas and bookmarks of some things I want. And just wanted to say thanks for all of the posts and knowledge over the year/years!
Check your local Nordstrom Rack. This is where I get mines from.

Check your local Nordstrom Rack. This is where I get mines from.
QFT. Also, when Jos. A Bank is running sales, you can pick them up for around $7-10 a set. They aren't split toe, but for that price, definitely worth it.

Not sure where you live but if you're near a Belks they usually have Allen Edmonds split toe and solid for less than 20$.

Thanks! Only actually have one pair of "dress" shoes right now and they were gifted to me recently (Cole Haan loafers), I will post pics later ... To think I let them sit in my car and get stepped on by friends a few times makes me sick...thats what I want the shoe trees for though

I am definitely going out shopping for some Wingtips this weekend. First "adult" paycheck tomorrow

Last edited:
Hedi Slimane wanted to "rebrand" YSL to Saint Laurent Paris.

Hedi Slimane is a moron

He's considered a legend so his clothes will inevitably sell even at ridiculous prices. So far, neither mens or womens collection hasn't been impressive but again it'll based on his name alone, people still salivate with what he did with Dior, sadly it looks like a less inspired rehash and it looks like he hasn't adapted to the future at all, on the menswear department at least.

Hedi Slimane wanted to "rebrand" YSL to Saint Laurent Paris.

I heard they were keeping the YSL logo and only the ready to wear line "Saint Laurent Rive Gauche" was being renamed Saint Laurent Paris

I'm not sure, seems like plenty of YSL stuff are being discontinued, I think they even stopped selling/producing their Malibu sneakers. Even the very popular YSL tee and belt aren't even being sold anymore either iirc. Could be wrong though but I haven't seen the usual online retailers that usually carry YSL show any new season YSL stuff.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, seems like plenty of YSL stuff are being discontinued, I think they even stopped selling/producing their Malibu sneakers. Even the very popular YSL tee and belt aren't even being sold anymore either iirc. Could be wrong though but I haven't seen the usual online retailers that usually carry YSL show any new season YSL stuff.

Yep, they are destroying anything YSL they cant sell.

He's considered a legend so his clothes will inevitably sell even at ridiculous prices. So far, neither mens or womens collection hasn't been impressive but again it'll based on his name alone, people still salivate with what he did with Dior, sadly it looks like a less inspired rehash and it looks like he hasn't adapted to the future at all, on the menswear department at least.

Well with them them not selling mens SLP in all markets for 4 seasons is clearly a sign that they are wanting to concentrate on the womens line first.

Back
Top Bottom