Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I recently started washing my shirts instead if dry cleaning. Boy, what a chore... And I was watching Football while ironing. Just felt tedious and collars didn't get as clean :frown:.

I need more watches

I wash all of my shirts and hang dry. Some fabrics will shrink a bit around the sleeve and length areas. This is why I like MTM. I can request for the lengths to be a bit longer to account for the shrinking.

I wash all of my shirts and hang dry. Some fabrics will shrink a bit around the sleeve and length areas. This is why I like MTM. I can request for the lengths to be a bit longer to account for the shrinking.
MTM?

Made to Measure (MTM): This is where you pretty much order the shirt of your liking; think Indochino, Paul Frederick, pick the collar size, sleeve length, etc.

Bespoke: Measurements taken by the clothier are used to create your shirt, usually great range of freedom with sizes such as choosing one sleeve longer than the other, or having a cuff wider than the other. Some differences versus MTM.

I personally have shirts that are MTM (Indochino) and Bespoke (Michael Andrews Bespoke) and I like both a lot. MTM usually has a smaller selection of fabrics but if what you're looking for is basic colors then go that route. More out there patterns, the bespoke route will just get you a lot of selection. The one thing I did like about my bespoke shirt vs MTM shirt is that I was able to get the cuff on my left sleeve wider to accommodate my watch and was able to choose a different french cuff style that's out of the norm.

Edit:
It's the strip on the cuff below

Last edited:
Going off of Serg, bespoke involved multiple fittings where as MTM doesn't. My shirts are MTM from MyTailor and I love them. They have different tiers from single ply to Thomas Mason, ranging from about $60 to 130 per shirt. Like Serg, the left cuff is a bit wider to accompany for a watch. I also put my own twist to it, ie double barrel cuff, hidden placket, spread collar and a bit longer body to manipulate the taper for a cleaner appeal. They have like 10 collars to choose from and you can still change a bit.

MTM does have its limitations if your body is severely out of their pattern. This is where bespoke comes in handy since the pattern is drafted just for you.

Do you guys wash and dry your long sleeve collar shirts? or dry cleaners?

Some of my collar shirts over time seem to have shrunk from the sleeves. Maybe i should start taking a different cleaning approach after use.

Wash myself. It's really not necessary to have a dry cleaner do it.

Nice fit, I have yet to wear that R&B cardi, I still need to sew a button back on :frown:

Inspired by Wis's generosity, I'd like to give back to the thread that has taught me so much. With that being said, there was a dark wash denim sherpa lined jacket I bought from the Gap 3 years ago, worn 10x max. This was before I realized my hatred for denim jackets...yes, just not my cup of tea fellas. However, I know its been discussed plenty of times here and seems to be pretty popular so I am willing to give it away for free.99, only thing I ask is that whoever ends up with it pay for shipping costs.

My plan is for you guys to guess numbers from 1-50. If you see someone else post a number first, your guess is voided. If no one gets it right by sunday night, I'll just pick the person closest to my number in mind. No PM's, just post in the thread.

This is open to regular posters of the thread only. It is also a small, so please do not guess if you know you couldn't even fit it. Also, if you receive the jacket, you must keep for yourself and post up a WDYWT to prove so. On to the jacket, here are some pics:

Good luck everyone!

yes, i am wearing sweatpants :lol:

Reactions: wj4
^ Nice Adrian...going on with that spirit, if you are a size 11 (these fit like an 11.5) please PM me, like Adrian I ask for shipping costs to be covered. Just too big for me.

Wore the Bayswater peacoat on top of this today....can't wait for the one day next week when its supposed to hit 50 :lol:

It was 1 degree today when I walked out of my house, 1 degree...

Back
Top Bottom