Dressing Better Vol 2.0

http://www.fashionbananas.com

Really feeling that suit and outfit Wis! Did you get that suit made by Thick as Thieves? Also, is the bottom button supposed to be buttoned on 4x2 DB jackets and not 6x2? Either way, that tweed pattern may have sold me on getting a suit from Thick as Thieves :lol:

For you guys with Red Wings, what oik/polish do you use to spruce them up with?

Also, has anyone gotten their RW's resoled? I'm thinking it's time after this winter. Should i send them back to RW or just find a local cobbler somewhere?

Honestly, I let the local Red Wings store do all my cleaning. It's supposed to be free as a lifetime warranty...

I would suggest to let the RW store resoled them or repair them for you. They will make sure it's good as new.

Last edited:
Good looking out, I honestly didn't even know Belks had online shopping :lol:

The only problem with the online store is that Belks doesn't reflex the in-store sales and it's inventory on their website. The Belks at Phillips Plaza mall has an outstanding RL inventory but online it sucks.

Thanks guys, I'll take them to the RW store to get that oil up. Hesitant to use mink oil because I have the copper mocs and I don't want to make the color darker. :/

Really feeling that suit and outfit Wis! Did you get that suit made by Thick as Thieves? Also, is the bottom button supposed to be buttoned on 4x2 DB jackets and not 6x2? Either way, that tweed pattern may have sold me on getting a suit from Thick as Thieves :lol:
Thanks. Yep, from TaT. I'm not sure about the rule. Sometimes I button both and sometimes I button one. The difference is very minute.

Peace. I just picked these up at marshall's for $32. They're Ralph Lauren Orrick wing tips. I don't usually rock loud shoes like this but I liked the price and they were real comfy.

What would you guys pair these with?

Thanks guys, I'll take them to the RW store to get that oil up. Hesitant to use mink oil because I have the copper mocs and I don't want to make the color darker. :/
I wouldn't worry. I have the same RW's and the mink oil just rejuvenated the leather on mine.
Before:

After:

I really want to start wearing hats. Not sure how well I can pull it off but I want to try.
Is this style of hat just called a fedora or what? (talking about dude on the left). Also only seen them on guys wearing a blazer, how can it be worn casually without the jacket

I remember you guys posted this song...Here's the video

White socks with the Black Suit?  IONO
laugh.gif

Last edited:
^
I live in NY and surprised I don't see people trying to bring back the every day hat trend back, word to Mad Men, Indiana Jones, cowboys, and Batista from Dexter. Not sure what that type of hat is. I always picture a fedora having a feather in it like in the movies.

Do you guys wash and dry your long sleeve collar shirts? or dry cleaners?

Some of my collar shirts over time seem to have shrunk from the sleeves. Maybe i should start taking a different cleaning approach after use.

Some of my collar shirts over time seem to have shrunk from the sleeves. Maybe i should start taking a different cleaning approach after use.
Dry cleaners wear and tear on shirts...I wash my own sleeves and collar.  I do it early...If I can't get them out, I send them to goodwill.

Dry cleaners wear and tear on shirts...I wash my own sleeves and collar.  I do it early...If I can't get them out, I send them to goodwill.

I put them on a gentle wash and let air dry but not totally. When still damp I iron them.

Back
Top Bottom