Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Im headed to Minneapolis on Wednesday any spots I should hit while I'm out there. I have access to a car so going out to St. Paul isn't an issue

Thanks in advance

Mall of America :smokin

I went there and it sucked :lol:

My single experience in Minneapolis actually sucked really bad. I got lost trying to find a Panera Bread, and then when I got there it was closed. Ended up so hungry that I got a sandwich from room service for $20 and it was extremely bland.

Also, when I got lost, I got hit on by a group of gay dudes. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but they followed me for a few blocks and had me mad paranoid :smh: . Turns out, it was some National Pride Day, which makes sense in retrospect because there was a lot of flamboyance on the streets that evening.

OK, story time is over.

smokin.gif
...fly as hell

And I added your picture to the group blog
With this budget I suggest you go either with Indochino or SuitSupply. Indochino has a 2 piece suit in navy and gray for about $379 and it's made based on a measurement profile you provide plus a $75 alterations credit, $449 for a 3 piece navy or gray. SuitSupply is about $479 for a 2 piece navy suit as well.
thanks for the feedback!

I don't mind the $15.15 hit considering I got them 2 days after they were shipped. USPS takes forever...

And I may just join in this tomorrow or Wednesday.
It may be me since I now buy most of my wardrobe online, but time is not really a factor to me. It'll get here when it gets here. USPS has always been good to me, ever since the high school days of shipping out shoes. I'd rather take 3 days for a pair of shoes from England to get to me than get it in 2 days and risk paying $90-120 in custom fees. I digress.

Today:

Shoes and boots that came in:

Last edited:

My single experience in Minneapolis actually sucked really bad. I got lost trying to find a Panera Bread, and then when I got there it was closed. Ended up so hungry that I got a sandwich from room service for $20 and it was extremely bland.

Also, when I got lost, I got hit on by a group of gay dudes. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but they followed me for a few blocks and had me mad paranoid :smh: . Turns out, it was some National Pride Day, which makes sense in retrospect because there was a lot of flamboyance on the streets that evening.

OK, story time is over.

Thats weird, sorry I should have said ive been before so im looking for places that aren't high tourist areas

OK, story time is over.

Thats weird, sorry I should have said ive been before so im looking for places that aren't high tourist areas

http://gallivant.com/city/minneapolis/

I realized I had gotten away from the shoe game and stepped my dressing up when my dry cleaning bill had 3 digits
What do you dry clean?

I ask because I dry clean all of my trousers and chinos and jeans. I also dry clean all of my knits. The shirts, I wash and steam. My bills never come out to be that high and my dry cleaners isn't the cheapest either.

Suits for no reason right?
Wore this to my last undergrad final. Sue me :pimp:

Hands down best outfit I have ever seem u wear... U straight killed it... Don't be surprised if u see these pics reblogged
Wow, I feel honored lol. What's the link to your blog man?

Suits for no reason right?
Wore this to my last undergrad final. Sue me :pimp:

loving it all, but especially the tie and the socks. info?
Thanks Ronaldo. Tie is from....wait for it......J.Crew (Factory) bro :lol: Scooped it during the day after christmas sale for around $14. As for the socks, they are Uniqlo. 4 for $10 i believe.

Oh and as for the exam, pulled a 98. A in the class. Take that intermediate corporate finance! :smokin

Last edited:
What do you dry clean?

I ask because I dry clean all of my trousers and chinos and jeans. I also dry clean all of my knits. The shirts, I wash and steam. My bills never come out to be that high and my dry cleaners isn't the cheapest either.

I always thought 100 or so a week on dry cleaning was average,I don't have much cleaned either...I must be getting ripped off :smh:

I always thought 100 or so a week on dry cleaning was average,I don't have much cleaned either...I must be getting ripped off :smh:
You guys are nuts. Are you just dropping off your whole laundry basket?

How often are you dry cleaning your stuff? A shirt is like $5, trousers should be no more than $10, and a suit should be around $30 at max.

I had 6 pairs of pants dry cleaned for $24 last week. No idea how you run up $100 bills...most clothes don't need dry cleaning, all you need to do is throw them in the washer and then hang dry them

Last edited:

How often are you dry cleaning your stuff? A shirt is like $5, trousers should be no more than $10, and a suit should be around $30 at max.

Not at all,your post made me realize the crazy prices my cleaner charges though,shirts for same day service are 13$..They offer a cheaper option for 6$ but it takes four days...I think a blazer of suit jacket same day service is 25$...

I think there's a spot down the street from my house that cleans shirts for $1.25 :lol:

Not sure if they're damaging the fabric with some "mysterious" technique though... |I

Last edited:

Not at all,your post made me realize the crazy prices my cleaner charges though,shirts for same day service are 13$..They offer a cheaper option for 6$ but it takes four days...I think a blazer of suit jacket same day service is 25$...
Wow, a place by my house ran me like $4.50 or so for a pair of trousers. However, I got them back within 2-3 days.

ppl dry clean denim jeans, and cotton chinos? Isn't it recommended to machine wash cotton/denim.
Also, suits in my area can be dry cleaned for 10-12 dollars

ppl dry clean denim jeans, and cotton chinos? Isn't it recommended to machine wash cotton/denim.

I've never dry cleaned denim,but I do have my chinos cleaned whether it is recommended or not I am not sure though...

I guess it depends on how expensive your chinos are. I machine-wash my J.Crew chinos but I'm gonna take a guess and say Wis over there has something a bit more delicate/pricier :tongue:

FYI: chino is a style. It can come in wool, linen, etc. cotton happens to be most typical. Just saying because I never mentioned cotton chinos :lol:

I dry clean them to: avoid any fading, and prevent any shrinking. I bought a $300 Paul Smith chinos 3 or 4 years ago. Label said dry clean only and I cold washed it. Hung dry to prevent shrinking but it's already shrunk an inch. Ever since then I've been dry cleaning.

Also, not all dry cleaners are equal. Some use harsher chemicals. You can YouTube that up for more info.

I guess it depends on how expensive your chinos are. I machine-wash my J.Crew chinos but I'm gonna take a guess and say Wis over there has something a bit more delicate/pricier :tongue:
Yeah dude. I wash the cheap stuff at home :lol: I still have my Levi's 511 chinos that are cold washed. These were ok as they're stated to be cold washed. They just shrunk in the inseam a bit so now they have no break at all. I keep them around for when I gotta get my hands dirty. I try to dry clean the pricier items to prevent shrinking though.

Never ran up a dry cleaning bill. I dry clean all my shirts. Harsh chemicals, I know. You can do it at home, I know. I tried to fight the good ironing fight and lost. Too tedious and time consuming. When I did it it was on an NFL Sunday and had the game on, still didn't like the tedious task of ironing my dress shirts.

Back
Top Bottom