Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I think I already know the answer to this, but are wool pants dry clean only?

Yea they usually are. The alternative is to steam them clean.

I picked up a navy Napoli suit from the shop on Broome St, fit great, just needed waist and hem done (though I'm not into the extra fitted look), overall very happy with the suit and service especially, very accommodating and personable

If you don't mind me asking how much did the alterations run at SuitSupply?
:nerd: Was wondering the same..

Shirt
Shorten/lengthen sleeves $19
Bodydarts $8
Take in original seams $28
Shorten body $15

Pants
Shorten/lengthen $13
Take in/let out seat $10
Take in/let out waistband $14
Take in waist over 3 seams $28
Tapering lower-leg $17
Lower waistband $75

Jacket
Take in/let out seams $28
Take in centre back seam $16
Shorten $40
Shorten/lengthen sleeves $28
Shorten sleeves from shoulder $75
Enlarge armholes $16
Narrowing collar $38
Square back neck $20
Narrowing shoulders $75
Add shoulder pad $20

Congrats to the newlyweds, I feel I would prefer midnight navy tux as well if I ever tie the knot
laugh.gif

Basically any suit you buy off the rack will need tapering. It is extremely hard to find a suit pant with a leg opening smaller than 8" (Most ppl on here probably taper down to 6.75"-7.5")And the leg openings usually increase with the size of the pants.
Even ludlows need tapering. The only suit I bought that was slim enough on the legs was a Hugo boss , had a 7.75" opening.

Basically any suit you buy off the rack will need tapering. It is extremely hard to find a suit pant with a leg opening smaller than 8" (Most ppl on here probably taper down to 6.75"-7.5")And the leg openings usually increase with the size of the pants.
Even ludlows need tapering. The only suit I bought that was slim enough on the legs was a Hugo boss , had a 7.75" opening.
8" is pretty extreme. At least for my waist size. Most slim trousers I buy come with 7.5" leg opening. A few modern brands are 7". I have a pair or two with 8" and they're heavy tweeds. Variety is nice.

Would a 7.5" leg opening give a slim look? Any pics of what that looks like?
7.5 is slim for most. Anything lower than 7 would be skinny IMO. You can visit my blog in the sig if you wish. Most of my trousers have 7.5" leg openings.

Posted this on someone's instagram yesterday on here, MTO shirts from http://luxire.com/collections/home prices look good. They are recommended by the dude from Broke and Bespoke, review here, their MTO start at $59.99 and you are allowed to add any custom touches...ie. hidden placket.

Edit: MTM not MTO

Last edited:
La Matera belt from the TSB prize package came today. Unfortunately, the belt just fits on the last hole and looks odd with the amount of leather vs canvas showing. When I asked for my size, I did not realize the canvas was stitched to a leather belt. I thought it was mostly canvas, therefore would stretch :rolleyes

Either way, Hank over at La Matera is e-mailing back and forth with me now. They are cool with me sending it back, now its just a matter of finding the right style in my size since the one featured in the contest is not available in a 34. After having the belt for just a little while (sent it back already) I can see it's definitely a quality product! I am very excited for when my right sized belt comes next!

La Matera belt from the TSB prize package came today. Unfortunately, the belt just fits on the last hole and looks odd with the amount of leather vs canvas showing. When I asked for my size, I did not realize the canvas was stitched to a leather belt. I thought it was mostly canvas, therefore would stretch :rolleyes

Either way, Hank over at La Matera is e-mailing back and forth with me now. They are cool with me sending it back, now its just a matter of finding the right style in my size since the one featured in the contest is not available in a 34. After having the belt for just a little while (sent it back already) I can see it's definitely a quality product! I am very excited for when my right sized belt comes next!

Did you add on two inches to your waist when you told your size?

My pants size is 30W. Size 32 said it fits 29-30 waist. I figured it was mostly canvas so I thought it would give some pull. Apparently not. It's cool, just got the email, 34 should be back in stock in a week or so. They'll send out once its in. Also due to this process, they let me swap out the Corbina pattern for the Trucha one :smile:

http://lamatera.myshopify.com/products/trucha

Hey NT, I just bought this J Crew Ludlow sport coat. How does this sport coat fit on me? Should I get it altered? Lastly, do you show sleeves when wearing a sport coat? Thanks brahs. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom