Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Bros, Is a Light Chambray shirt, black alpha khakis and brown shoes good for bar hopping attire?

Bros, Is a Light Chambray shirt, black alpha khakis and brown shoes good for bar hopping attire?
Chambray is a fabric, denims lighter brother. What color is it? If its light grey then I can see it working with the black chinos, but the brown shoes may clash. If its a typical light blue chambray then the colors wouldn't work at all.

Chambray is a fabric, denims lighter brother. What color is it? If its light grey then I can see it working with the black chinos, but the brown shoes may clash. If its a typical light blue chambray then the colors wouldn't work at all.

Light blue. The shoes are the Lunargrand Chukkas in the milkshake colorway so you have a visual.

what color would work?

I also have Khaki chinos, navy, and olive.

Last edited:
NT stay winning
pimp.gif

Light blue. The shoes are the Lunargrand Chukkas in the milkshake colorway so you have a visual.

what color would work?

I also have Khaki chinos, navy, and olive.
Light blue shirt with khaki chinos make for a very nice and versatile colorway. I'm not into Cole Haans so I'm not sure how they look like but any brown shoes would pair well with this combo as long as the shade of brown is not exactly the same as the khaki chinos.

Olive would also work very nicely of the 2 shades of browns are too alike.

Light blue shirt with khaki chinos make for a very nice and versatile colorway. I'm not into Cole Haans so I'm not sure how they look like but any brown shoes would pair well with this combo as long as the shade of brown is not exactly the same as the khaki chinos.

Olive would also work very nicely of the 2 shades of browns are too alike.

Yeah i tried the outfit out with the black and khaki both looked decent to me the black just made the shoes more noticeable

My bad yall, that's why i asked in here. I'm learning. :lol:

Sorry for the bad pic but this is the combo im looking at. (With the Light Blue Chambray shirt)

Or

Last edited:
I wouldn't wear that combo either. The colors are too similar. It will look like you're rocking footies pajamas or something.

I wouldn't wear that combo either. The colors are too similar. It will look like you're rocking footies pajamas or something.
Yeah. The shades of brown are almost the same so the khaki chinos are out. The olive looks cool though. Navy would also be nice. Some will choose with navy since they prefer darker colors to wear at night.

Yeah I'd go with the olive pants, I also think a red chambray shirt would look good with the navy pants too if you have one

Thanks man. Don't have a red one but will be on the lookout for one. Don't mean to be weird but i saw you posted that you'd be moving to Arlington? Thats where I reside :smokin

Good and bad news yesterday fellas. Here's the run down through pictures. (long read. #dealwithit)
First, met up with the big (yet slimming) homie Serg at Suit Supply:

While we waited on them to pull some sizes, got some complimentary goodies:

Finally ended up realizing the Washington fit was the best for me. Craziest part and this is bolded for those thinking about purchasing from SS so be forewarned, I actually had to size down.
Normally a 38R across the board but the 36R was the one that fit best. In the Napoli (first ones I tried on) the 38R was huge. I could fit more than a fist in the jacket so not terrible but the pants were INSANELY LARGE. I'm talking not only was a hem and taper necessary but the entire seat and throughout the leg needed adjustments. After that, I tried the 36R in the Napoli and the fit was a lot better but the jacket seemed to pull a tad too much on my back for my liking. Shoulders and overall drape was great though! But the pants were a tad too tight. Obviously was gonna need a hem but the waist needed to be let out an inch or so.

Next went to the Washington in a 36R. I didn't try the 38 for reference because honestly, the 36 was great. Oh heads up, sleeve adjustments were not needed for me for both 36's in Nap/Wash. What was unfortunate was that the navy colorway was not in stock, so I ended up trying the grey one. Jacket was superb all over and the pants were just a tad snug but definitely still comfortable. OTR, they needed a simple hem. That's it.

Just to throw in the bad news so we can end with the good, let me get that out of the way. Two days ago, I noticed significant wear in the crotch area on the gap selvedge jeans that I wear all the damb time. Literally was on the phone with my girl like "I know they are gonna blow out soon." Yeah...went to tie my shoes in the dressing room...

:frown:
It's my understanding that I can patch them and if not, maybe its time I upgrade to some APC's or something.

Anyways, I digress. Back to the awesome news!!
Well, after realizing the Washington was the cut for me, we then went to try and figure out how I was to obtain it being that it was not in the store. The sales associate I dealt with (NYC) was Eric. Tremendously friendly and knowledgable guy. He did everything he could searching through all the racks for the suit but unfortunately it could not be had. They told me however they would let me know when its back in stock. I informed them that I was from NJ and can't just make it back up here when its arrived and sought out if I could just purchase online. They ended up saying I could have a credit back in the jacket that I had won from TSB. I made sure the credit was good for online purchases and was told "Of course." I figured they were gonna give me a gift card or something. Yeah...

Straight cash homie (err credit)
Rather than a store credit, they gave me the actual credit back from the jacket's worth! And since I was in NY, they even gave me the tax back on it!! :wow:
The jacket was only $399 and I expected my swap to only be in that value. That extra $35 covered entirely my transit to get into the city and even bought me a drink at the bar later that night :lol:

Now I am waiting for the credit to clear then make the decision on what to do with that come up. I actually thoroughly enjoyed SS's quality and fit so most likely I will end up ordering the suit either this week or the next but yeah, in theory I can do any number of things with that money. Technically speaking, that TSB package resulted in a cash prize. Thanks for that Dan
:pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom