Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Lacoste seems to have the same problem, too wide and short.
Sounds like a classic fit issue? There are more fit options than ever now. Have you tried any of the l!ve, modern fit, or slim fit (three button placket) offerings?

Last edited:
Anyone here own shirts from Thom Browne? If so, what's the quality like?
Might pick up the grosgrain oxford in white.

Anyone here own shirts from Thom Browne? If so, what's the quality like?
Might pick up the grosgrain oxford in white.
Thom Browne makes great stuff. The quality is great, but not retail great to justify the price. However, if you like it and can afford it..then buy it. That's my motto.

Keep in mind that his stuff is usually cropped so it's more for casual wear, and not for formal wear.

I wish I was this organized. :\
:lol: You would need like 10 of those closets to fit all your aesthetics, man. From the goth ninja to MC-casual to etc.

I want to say that that's only a small portion of the closet. I don't see suits and outerwear. :nerd:

Went to Target today to exchange some crew neck undershirts for v-necks and stumbled upon the men's clearance section. Had about 15-20 dress shirts and a lot of the novelty t's.

Long story short, most dress shirts on clearance are $6.98 and they had a really decent variety. Got this one for $7.13 out the door. The shirt will need to be taken in on the sides but still a great deal.

hey, where can i find some good boat/loafer shoe socks for the colder weather?
I don't get what you're asking. For loafers, you're suppose to wear thin socks, or basically go sockless. The same for boat shoes.

If you want thicker socks, check out J. Crew's camp socks. Keep in mind that they will make your shoes fit tight. This is why some (including me) buy certain boots .5 size bigger, to wear with the thicker socks.

being that this is NT, we all are routed from the sneaker culture. that being said, anyone in this thread (and the old one) knows that i am an avid poster of both pictures and advice. honestly, this is the only thread i ever check on anymore is this one. it definitely has helped improve my wardrobe ten fold. that being said, i am only 20 years old.
don't sell yourself short fam.
outgrow the rest of the sheep rl-polo-matching-jays-dudes. hopefully the input in this thread can help guide you along your way. :pimp:
Dude, you're only 20? You must stand out like a sore thumb at your school :lol: (in a good way). There's some younger guys at my work who was surprised when I can talk to them about Jordans because they thought I was an old fart due to how I dress.

It's definitely a big transition from wearing Jordans everyday to suits. For me, it was a gradual step. I went from super baggy urban wear to slightly loose fitting Polo to almost normal street wear to where I'm at now. This took place from high school through grad school so it took many years.

PS to the dudes who want steals and deals. I would recommend for you guys to check into local stores, even high end ones and just try on clothes to gauge what brands fit you and what brands don't. Make a mental note or put it down on your phone or something. Browse sites like Gilt and Yoox and MrPorter and look for steals and deals.

I got the 3 shirts I ordered from Gilt in today, at $30 a pop. They're from Vince, James Perse, and Trovata. I've bought their stuff from high end stores before so I know they fit me well. The shirts fit me great, and the prices were a steal.

Since we all loved or love Jordans, I think a lot of us can relate to this. I remember bugging my mom for a Fubu jersey so much in middle school :lol:

Where do you guys buy socks from? I'm looking for some kind of pattern but everything I've found has been quite ugly.

Where do you guys buy socks from? I'm looking for some kind of pattern but everything I've found has been quite ugly.

H&M is hit and miss, I highly recommend going to Target (sorry another Target mention) they have a vast variety from dressy to novelty.

WJ4, are these Aldens the one sold at JCrew? Just curious because the one at JCrew is suppose to be single leather sole but your looks thicker, like it's double leather sole.
tumblr_m8f74dsdSi1rux7jzo3_1280.jpg

H&M is hit and miss, I highly recommend going to Target (sorry another Target mention) they have a vast variety from dressy to novelty.
H&M socks are not usually very nice in my opinion and we don't have target where I live but thanks for the tip anyway

Just finish watching INCEPTION. The swag in the movie is :smokin. Especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt's. I was loving his pieces.

those looking for better fitting polos

If you got a dillards in your area check these out

http://www.dillards.com/product/Rou...olid-Interlock-Polo-Shirt_301_-1_-1_503130061

scooped up 4 for the low when I was back east last month. I have the same issue with RL polos and these fit me pretty well. They run long though so if your not tucking them in might size down

calvin klein has some slim fit polos as well too

Last edited:
Sold it then found it on sale for cheap..good pickup

Being 22 yrs of age, I see alot of ppl my age still in the RL Polo,Jays and whatever (not to say it's a bad thing). I personally try to dress with style even when I wear sneakers (e.i. W+H jacket, Jcrew top, Momotaro jeans with Jays/Nikes/misc sneaks)...When it comes to dressing professional or nice, I try to come with different concepts or schemes I like and feel comfortable wearing. I think some one here said if you dress outside your comfort, it looks forced.

@HarlemToTheBronx I've learned experimenting and find your style in your 20s is a good thing. Try different things and see what you like. Only thing about your fit is the shirt. Slim fitting would be better and either roll your sleeves or keep them full-length.

Last edited:
anybody have experience with the American Apparel pique polos? bad good?
nerd.gif

AA makes great t shirts and hoodies so wondering if it applies to other stuff...

I had to get home wasn't expecting it to be close...thanks guys! Btw think the fit will be fine? Not doing anything crazy just something new for a party...dress code is "dress to impress" lol

if they are using the term "dress to impress" you have nothing to worry about, most of NYC dudes think that their idea of that is a Uniqlo dress shirt, khaki pants and some vans

Back
Top Bottom