Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone have any trouble getting into a club with arenas?
What are arenas?
Balenciaga Arenas
tumblr_m4m5layicA1qaz0iho1_500.jpg

Those chinos are dope man, they're a good shade of yellow and not too bright...might have to look into something like that, I just started messing with reddish/burgundy and pale blue pants :lol: :smokin
Thanks, man. I got them on sale last week at Barneys. I went to the local Nordstrom and the brand (Rag & Bone) has a plethora of colorful variation, from black all the way down to the yellow to cover the whole spectrum :lol: I just need my purple tweed trousers to come in around October and I think I will have every color covered :lol:

I also stopped by Brooks Bros and picked up a jumper vest for 50% off. Lots of good stuff for 40-50% off in store.

Don't most clubs enforce a "no t shirt no sneakers" rule? I haven't gone clubbing in a while, the last time I went was for New Year's Eve, and I wore my cheap stuff since I knew I would most likely get beer and other things spilled on, and my shoes would be most likely stepped on.

Ksteez: Great photo, man! Makes me want to take a vacation now.

Don't most clubs enforce a "no t shirt no sneakers" rule? I haven't gone clubbing in a while, the last time I went was for New Year's Eve, and I wore my cheap stuff since I knew I would most likely get beer and other things spilled on, and my shoes would be most likely stepped on.
Ksteez: Great photo, man! Makes me want to take a vacation now.

Thanks dude....tbh club doors reserve the right to let you in or not and it doesn't matter much what you are wearing as long as you look trendy, I've gotten into clubs with chucks and a Tshirt....while my boy gets denied for wearing practically the same thing 2 sizes too big.

Yeah I have had trouble in the past with the red pair. Dude said no tennis and was like huh? Went put on some chucks and got in. Once I was in I saw peps with puma's on. That place has since relaxed their dress code.

Speaking of arenas I got these yesterday after 3mo wait.

pulled the trigger on the doc martens thanks again wj4 :smokin
:lol: No problem, my man. Let me know how it fits and post some outfits if you can, and how's Zappos customer service and all (interested in this part since I've been studying Tony Hsieh and Zappos a bit in the last few months).

I almost pulled the trigger myself, but I need to cool down...been buying too much this month. Doc Marten is one of the most underrated brands out there for footwear.

Since we are on a sneaker forum and I still rock sneakers. I wanted to post these. I know the Air Forces go against the "Dressing Better" theme.:tongue:

The grey and blue sneakers are Killshots. Kinda reminded me of Adidas Sambas. These are going to be perfect for my fall casual friday.

Sneakers are still an essential part of the wardrobe, and I'm not part of the designer shoe movement when all you need is some fresh Nikes (no offense to those that buy designer sneakers). The killshots are solid, get a lot of compliments, got the black pair and off white/blue pair, goes well with casual fits and get a lot of compliments on them. Might scoop that grey pair. Funny thing is I first saw the JCrew x Nike Killshots and wanted them, they popped up on Swoosh and went on sale, got the black and white pair for $25 a pop. Money well spent, go to summer shoe and casual friday shoe.

What limitations do tailors have on what they can alter? I have a few shirts that are a little loose in the chest that I want to take the tailor.

Sneakers are still an essential part of the wardrobe, and I'm not part of the designer shoe movement when all you need is some fresh Nikes (no offense to those that buy designer sneakers). The killshots are solid, get a lot of compliments, got the black pair and off white/blue pair, goes well with casual fits and get a lot of compliments on them. Might scoop that grey pair. Funny thing is I first saw the JCrew x Nike Killshots and wanted them, they popped up on Swoosh and went on sale, got the black and white pair for $25 a pop. Money well spent, go to summer shoe and casual friday shoe.
I agree. The whole designer sneaker thing is not my thing. To each his own. The killshots were 40 so i couldn't complain and the ones we 45.

What limitations do tailors have on what they can alter? I have a few shirts that are a little loose in the chest that I want to take the tailor.
Sounds like an easy fix. Just take them and you should be fine. Now if you would have said you wanted pleats taken out of a pair of slack we would have a different conversation.

Last edited:

The only limitations for a tailor is either not enough material, thier own skill level and the price you are willing to pay.

Last edited:
As stated, easy fix. The limitation in term of sizing down is that if the shoulders are not proper, then it's not worth taking in, ie trying to turn XL into a M.

:lol: I went through the old laptop and found these pictures...around 2006-2007 and about 70 lbs or so heavier.

10hm4om.jpg

witrm0.jpg

As stated, easy fix. The limitation in term of sizing down is that if the shoulders are not proper, then it's not worth taking in, ie trying to turn XL into a M.
:lol: I went through the old laptop and found these pictures...around 2006-2007 and about 70 lbs or so heavier.
10hm4om.jpg

witrm0.jpg
Wow. What did you do to loose the weight. Teach me. :wow:

Grizzly - Starts with motivation and wanting to make a change in eating habits. Working out is a great start, but noticeable changes will not come until you change your eating habits. Work outs have different effects on different people, through trial and error you will find what works for you.

Time is hard to find, bad food is easy to get, in essence it is easy to be overweight. However, once you acquire that discipline, it'll become a path to a healthy lifestyle.

Dont mention the dreaded D word...

D word = Diet

Grizz: The 2nd picture was the straw that broke the camel's back, my man. Throughout HS, I was around 180 lbs. I got up to about 220 lbs during the 2nd and 3rd year of undergrad because of late night eating out and alcohol and such. I stopped eating junk food, soda, and alcohol. I started doing Muay Thai...it was the ultimate work out, it puts crossfit to shame. I used to come home with bruises and cuts all the time, and I loved it. I really learned how to kick butt though. I originally wanted to go down to my HS weight. I was losing about 20 lbs a month or so. I think I got down to around 155 lbs within a year. And several more months, I got down to 140 lbs. My friends swore I was on coke or had a lipo suction :lol:

A year a part:
tumblr_m3mui4PGL41rux7jzo1_500.png

The lost weight happened at the end of my undergrad career so none of the clothes fit anymore. I started reading up on GQ and such to redo my wardrobe. This was around the same time the Dressing Better thread 1 started and the rest happened naturally.

This may be of help to you. So many folks asked me how I did it so I wrote a blog entry on it.

Grizzly - Starts with motivation and wanting to make a change in eating habits. Working out is a great start, but noticeable changes will not come until you change your eating habits. Work outs have different effects on different people, through trial and error you will find what works for you.
Time is hard to find, bad food is easy to get, in essence it is easy to be overweight. However, once you acquire that discipline, it'll become a path to a healthy lifestyle.
Dont mention the dreaded D word...
D word = Diet
I don't see it as a diet, more of a lifestyle change to be able to sustain.

I have 'bad meals' twice a week, and I don't overdo it like before. I also try to go to the gym 4 times a week at least. I get antsy if I can't. You get addicted to the change, my man. I was able to do maybe 8 push ups before. Now I can pump out 50 without stopping. I used to hate running. Now I can run at 13MPH.

I have 'bad meals' twice a week, and I don't overdo it like before. I also try to go to the gym 4 times a week at least. I get antsy if I can't. You get addicted to the change, my man. I was able to do maybe 8 push ups before. Now I can pump out 50 without stopping. I used to hate running. Now I can run at 13MPH.

This what most people dont understand. Losing weight consists of changing your life style. Not getting on a diet and stopping when you get the desired effect. The first thing to weight lost is portion control. I believe you can eat anything you want just not as much as you want. I crave fried chicken so once month I may get a 2 piece. I would like to a meal but I know its not in the cards.

Anyway, good on you WJ4.

This. I started this Year at 200+, now im at 157.

Just started eating Healthy and made a habit of working out. Now If I don't get to the Gym or Run at least 2 miles I get antsy. I've tried to take a day off and wake up in the middle of the night to run. I just feel like if I'm not improving, I'm going backwards.

And to the WJ4 weight loss.

Looks like you were a Big Momma suit in those old pics.

I agree. The whole designer sneaker thing is not my thing. To each his own. The killshots were 40 so i couldn't complain and the ones we 45.

At the end of the day, it wasn't really about designer shoes, people always get that concept confused. It's about the silhouette and the last and the style. A huge, bulky pair of Air Jordans or Air Max that has weird designs and a bunch of different colors just isn't ideal unlike Jack Purcells or Nike Janoskis that provide a slimmer, more low-profile and much more simple design.

I think the sneaker advice got distorted because a few posted and suggested Lanvins or LV and I am guilty of that as well but it is what I wear so it is what I posted. It was only meant to show an example. If someone asks me for a cheaper alternative though, I always try to help and my go to sneaker suggestion is always a pair of Jack Purcells, which is just about perfect at a real great pricepoint (I own a handful of pairs myself). I've actually been wearing Free Runs for errands lately, it just being light and well vented works well for the heat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom