Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Got the Lunargrands, pretty damn comfortable. Should be good when a lot of walking is involved and I don't want to wear Flyknits because it looks too sporty.
This is probably the only sneaker soled wingtips I've liked, I just like the integration of the lunarsole.
11191158.bmp

11191181.bmp

Is that a new blue/navy colorway or did you enhance the pic? I'd ordered the tan & navy pairs but they were too big. I'd reorder them a half size down if there's a blue that looks like that. The navy I'd gotten was darker and kind of dull. I don't like the bold midsole colors on most of the others.

Last edited:
Can the rise be tailored? I got some chinos from J.Crew awhile back that never fit the way I want them to (a bit too baggy and high rise) so I'm looking to get some work done on them.

I'd call my tailor to ask him this right now but he's closed.

Can the rise be tailored? I got some chinos from J.Crew awhile back that never fit the way I want them to (a bit too baggy and high rise) so I'm looking to get some work done on them.
It's not going to be worth it, especially for J. Crew pants.

It's not going to be worth it, especially for J. Crew pants.

My sentiments exactly. I'm thinking I would just be better off selling them on Craigslist and purchasing better-fitting ones.

How much do you pay for pants work? I've only gotten work done on full suits so I can't quantify.

My sentiments exactly. I'm thinking I would just be better off selling them on Craigslist and purchasing better-fitting ones.
How much do you pay for pants work? I've only gotten work done on full suits so I can't quantify.
My tailor charges quite a bit, but her work is top notch. Also factor in that my pants are a bit more expensive than mall brand stuff, usually around $150-300 per pair so I don't want to risk it with less skilled tailors. It depends on what I want to do. The most I pay is about $60 per pair, that's for a recut and cuff...tailor takes in the seat, crotch, taper the thighs, leg openings and add 2" cuffs per my preference.

I've never adjusted the rise of the pants, but I can see it being expensive if the tailor will even take on the job in the first place since everything has to be raised up, and I'm not even sure how they would deal with the zipper or buttons on the fly.

Anyone cop the Supreme Wally's

I sniped the Wine pair online and hope I dont make the mistake of selling.

I sold both my Supreme x Padmore&Barnes for next to nothing last time.

But these I have a feeling I'm gonna like. I love the embossing!

can someone post a fit pic with the levi cargos on?  wanna see what i got myself into since i got lured in by the sale

couple questions:

for not too expensive chinos, which one of these is better? bonobos, lands end, uniqlo, j. crew, other?
and
do vintage clothes fit on the slimmer side or the baggier side, in general? i've been seeing some nice looking vintage shirts (and cheap lol), but I'm wondering what the cut would be like.

I have a wedding to go to in a few weeks. I was thinking of wearing a charcoal suit with a black/white gingham shirt and black knit tie. Any ideas of what color shoes I can wear?

Pocket squares... what's the rule of thumb with regards to your tie? I have a black knit tie with white stripes and I'm thinking of doing a black pocket square with white polkadots. Is that faux pas at all? Grey suit/white shirt by the way...

ascot-black-and-white-striped-knit-tie.jpg

Brooks Brother VS Charles Tyrwhitt, which is better.
I need button downs.

I love the fit of my Burberry Brits, Gucci, and other high end stuff, sometimes you need something a lil more low key.

I just want to throw in some variety.

Anyone have a suggestion on some extra slim buttons down without the box pleat. Please stand up.

Last edited:
Pocket squares... what's the rule of thumb with regards to your tie? I have a black knit tie with white stripes and I'm thinking of doing a black pocket square with white polkadots. Is that faux pas at all? Grey suit/white shirt by the way...
ascot-black-and-white-striped-knit-tie.jpg

I never liked those ties, the look like un-circumcised penis, but do you.

Does anyone know how often Brooks Brothers have sales? Debating on pulling the trigger on some items vs. holding off

Brooks Brother VS Charles Tyrwhitt, which is better.
I need button downs.

I love the fit of my Burberry Brits, Gucci, and other high end stuff, sometimes you need something a lil more low key.

I just want to throw in some variety.

Anyone have a suggestion on some extra slim buttons down without the box pleat. Please stand up.

They're pretty comparable, IMO. I prefer CT, I like more of the options & patterns they carry but Brooks Brothers are pretty good too. Nothing wrong with seeing which fits suit you better and what they offer that you like, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

couple questions:
for not too expensive chinos, which one of these is better? bonobos, lands end, uniqlo, j. crew, other?
and
do vintage clothes fit on the slimmer side or the baggier side, in general? i've been seeing some nice looking vintage shirts (and cheap lol), but I'm wondering what the cut would be like.

A) Dockers is having a F&F sale, 30% off everything plus free shipping.

B) Depends on the brand..

Back
Top Bottom