Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I stopped by the local Nordstrom Rack and saw a bunch of Eastland boots and Cole Haan models for around $100. If you are in the market for one and there is a Rack nearby, may want to swing by.

Saw this Ralph Lauren piece at the local Macys too...pretty much, but not $200 nice.
tumblr_mcqefq2QcO1rux7jzo1_500.jpg

My attempt at a cool/artistic picture :lol: :
tumblr_mcqhgldh2D1rux7jzo3_1280.jpg

Your clothes wont last if you dry clean them constantly. Honestly, you don't need to, but that opinion is subjective and differs from person to person.

Your clothes wont last if you dry clean them constantly. Honestly, you don't need to, but that opinion is subjective and differs from person to person.
It also depends on your dry cleaners and the chemicals they are using. I dry clean all of my pants, be it jeans, chinos, cords, or dress trousers and they are fine. My khaki APC that I wear extensively in hotter weather has been through God knows how many trips to the dry cleaners and they are still good as new. They're about 3-4 years old now. I use a cloth brush for my trousers in between wears and dry clean as needed.

For my delicate tops, I dry clean those that require. Some, usually the ones that are hand knitted, I hand wash and lay flat to dry. I don't wash/dry clean them after every wear though, that's too extensive for me.

I try to avoid washing at home to avoid shrinking. It happened to me 2 years ago on a $300 pair of Paul Smith trousers...tough lesson learned.

Last edited:
Seeing stuff like this makes me want to visit a 2nd hand store. I think I'll swing by the local Salvation Army this weekend, but not going to hold my breath.

For thrifted items, they fit him quite well:

Speaking of thrift, some gems I picked up in the last couple of weekends:

Gant Rugger Rugby (my new favorite shirt, fit and quality is awesome):

8140595804_0f051f982e_z.jpg

Ties @ $4 each:

8140597272_09b8b0740d_z.jpg

I found a whole rack of Dior ties and some BB and Gucci, all with huge coffee and/or grease stains smack dab in the front and center :smh:

Last edited:
Speaking of thrift, some gems I picked up in the last couple of weekends:
Gant Rugger Rugby (my new favorite shirt, fit and quality is awesome):
8140595804_0f051f982e_z.jpg

Ties @ $4 each:
8140597272_09b8b0740d_z.jpg

I found a whole rack of Dior ties and some BB and Gucci, all with huge coffee and/or grease stains smack dab in the front and center :smh:
Is that really a Gant Rugger? Gant has several lines. The brand changed owners several times. Nice nonetheless.

Josh (JKissi) said that you have to be aggressive and visit the thrift stores often to find the goods. I'm just going to make a one time visit to see what's good.

Is that really a Gant Rugger? Gant has several lines. The brand changed owners several times. Nice nonetheless.
Josh (JKissi) said that you have to be aggressive and visit the thrift stores often to find the goods. I'm just going to make a one time visit to see what's good.

Yeah, I'm just now starting to browse the thrift shops around my area. I'm lucky enough to live in a pretty well-to-do neighborhood so the good stuff is not too hard to come by, it's just a matter of knowing what to look for. I will probably be more aggressive when January rolls around and more people are purging their closets for tax write-offs.

Here's a close up of the tag. I can't tell how old this shirt is but my dad has a Gant Rugger shirt from a while ago with a similar tag on it:

8140623135_09c3ff42d6.jpg

Yeah, I'm just now starting to browse the thrift shops around my area. I'm lucky enough to live in a pretty well-to-do neighborhood so the good stuff is not too hard to come by, it's just a matter of knowing what to look for. I will probably be more aggressive when January rolls around and more people are purging their closets for tax write-offs.
Here's a close up of the tag. I can't tell how old this shirt is but my dad has a Gant Rugger shirt from a while ago with a similar tag on it:
8140623135_09c3ff42d6.jpg
Great stuff, man. Post up outfit pictures when you can :smile:

I've been up here in LA since I just transferred to UCLA last month. I've been to a couple Goodwill and Salvation Army locations and have been really let down. I actually thought it would be just the opposite coming to LA from San Diego since you'd think there are a lot of stylish people here. Back home I've found some great finds, but no luck here so far. Check it out, though. Perhaps you'll get lucky.

What shocks me most are the prices. The Goodwill I went to would charge $15 for just about any shirt. Of course if you find a high end shirt in good shape it's worth every penny, but charging $10-15 for an Old Navy shirt? Ridiculous

Last edited:
I've been up here in LA since I just transferred to UCLA last month. I've been to a couple Goodwill and Salvation Army locations and have been really let down. I actually thought it would be just the opposite coming to LA from San Diego since you'd think there are a lot of stylish people here. Back home I've found some great finds, but no luck here so far. Check it out, though. Perhaps you'll get lucky.
I'm not holding my breath, my man. I expect exactly what you found out. A lot of more stylish people in L.A., a lot of those folks are students who don't work and have free time to scour the various branches. While on the other hand, time is a luxury for me.

I'm not holding my breath, my man. I expect exactly what you found out. A lot of more stylish people in L.A., a lot of those folks are students who don't work and have free time to scour the various branches. While on the other hand, time is a luxury for me.

Good point made. I'm one of those students you speak of. Friday afternoon is my thrift shopping day after classes get out.

I do have to take back the comment about being totally let down, however. Last week I found a pair of Zegna khakis for $6.50, slipped my mind when I made my original post. I believe they didn't get a high mark up because they are made in Romania. I've noticed that if anything has a made in Italy tag, it gets the high mark up. Looks like you just have to have a little bit of luck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom