Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Bjamez20 I grabbed my straps from amazon. Just search "nato strap" and a bunch will come up. Or natostrap.com for better quality straps.

Long-time reader, first time poster in here. Wanted to share a couple of deals here.

J.Crew is doing a 30% off sale items. Bayswater peacoat was 275, on sale for 150 and got it for 110.

Urban Outfitters is doing a 50% off sale items. Varsity jacket was 100, on sale for 60 and got it for 30.

yeah amazon for the nato straps and be sure their 20mm.  also target has some timex straps for 6 or 7 bucks.  i got my navy and green one there 
smokin.gif

Yup, had mines for about 4 years :lol:

Old pic of the jacket, joint looks better with times, as the wear&tear settled in.

:pimp:

dressing better does NOT mean you have to get rid of you kicks, fellas. Stop spreading that rumor.

I don't think anyone has that mentality other than people who assume that you NEED to have that mentality.. if that makes sense.

Most beginners believe that regular sneakers are a no go, and that you HAVE to wear dress casual shoes, when that is false.

I still have a very large collection myself, but I rarely wear them. I'm an undergrad and when I leave for school after break I usually only bring 1 pair of casual sneakers, and a pair for hyperdunks when I play basketball or go to the gym.

Just for example, the shoes I bring are:

Black Cement 3s (I actually haven't even worn them :lol: )
2012 Lunar Hyperdunks (first + colorway)

and for dress/ casual shoes I have

AE Players in Walnut
Clarks Desert Boots in Beeswax
Sperrys in Sahara
Sebago Abenaki's in dark grey/red
OG Timberland Earthkeepers in brown

i actually really like that AE jacket, diggin the beat up look. i'll have to keep an eye out for a sale.

ended up ordering a faux leather jacket from urban outfitters. i really don't need anything super high quality and can't fathom spending $500+ on a decent one. i'll have to see how the quality is when it comes in, still iffy on whether or not i'll keep it.

They have sales quite often, you can get the jacket fairly cheap

That fit that ksteezy is wearing is nice, but not really "dressing better" IMO. If he removed the hoodie and went with a more simple sneaker, then that to me would be better. But if he wasn't going out anywhere important then that fit is very nice.
Me personally, no Lebrons can be worn in the " dressing better" category. Sorry.

see? stuff like this.... it's like there is a definition for "dressing better" that's purely objective. I always felt that it was relative to where someone started out, and where they are trying to go.

I mean what exactly is "dressing better"? I think in that category of chill mode with some Js, it's better than what some guys would've worn in the past (graphic tee/hoodie or an oversized shirt with baggy jeans) It's guys who dress like that NOW. I think the debate was kinda brought up some pages back but oh well I'll just leave it alone.

I made that comment about Lebrons because some guys would post their fits in the Lebron thread and they looked nice. It didn't look extremely baggy, out of place.

Nothing wrong with keeping them for show, man. We know RFX doesn't wear shoes under $1k, but he still has his Nikes and Js for nostalgia reasons.

Current Nike rotation (included the Lunargrands) both as active and casual wear.
12001795.bmp

Example of my typical casual wear with sneakers (non-Nike).
11698347.bmp
11698377.bmp

With my favorite watch.

I know its been asked and I tried searching the thread but how do the eastland Sherman's fit? I wear a 9.5 normally.

Just got back from catching Gangster Squad. The movie was too rad. I think a lot of you gents will dig the wardrobe. They kept it true, down to the big collars and loose suits.

Yall getting way too upset over other people definitions of dressing better. :lol:

I mean obviously there's going to be people who tell you coming out in a three piece suit everyday is dressing better.
The average person know's that's overkill.

Find a happy medium for you, but you also have people who are going to criticize you, either listen to what they may have to say cause they could be trying to point out how it looks from the outside.
Or don't and continue on.

Then there's going to be the people who just want to troll, no need for explanation.

I think this thread should be titled "dressing for the occasion"

Nothing wrong with sneakers but to a nice dinner probably not but to Fridays yeah

Just the same way I feel about cats rocking blazers and all out getting done up to go to Target

Any idea about the Odin New York for Target line?

This jacket caught my eye. Definitely looks like it's worth spending only $25 on.

http://www.target.com/p/odin-new-yo...ropped-jacket/-/A-14144751#prodSlot=large_1_4

I am looking for a non-black coat. I am seriously plain jane out here man. I need something when I wear khaki, brown, or green pants. Find me a hat for this. A little beanie or something. Those are the types of hats I wear.

But do yall think this coat is in stores?

I am looking for a non-black coat. I am seriously plain jane out here man. I need something when I wear khaki, brown, or green pants. Find me a hat for this. A little beanie or something. Those are the types of hats I wear.

But do yall think this coat is in stores?

It isn't in-stores :\ , as per the Target order page for it.

http://www.target.com/p/odin-new-yo...d-jacket/-/A-14144751#?lnk=sc_qi_detailbutton

Good looks UNKNWN & HHHornet, I may just pull the trigger on the coat.

Last edited:
Current Nike rotation (included the Lunargrands) both as active and casual wear.
12001795.bmp

I need this shoe rack. The one I have takes up too much space because they go horizontal. With the space that two of them take up, I could have like 5-6 of yours

Last edited:
I had the same rack. That actually is 3 stacked up. It's from Walmart. Honestly, it's so cheaply made, I chucked it after a year. If I ever moved it/pulled out a pair too fast, one of the bars would fall apart. Such a hassle..

I had the same rack. That actually is 3 stacked up. It's from Walmart. Honestly, it's so cheaply made, I chucked it after a year. If I ever moved it/pulled out a pair too fast, one of the bars would fall apart. Such a hassle..
QFT I hate that **** man 
laugh.gif

Stopped by my local J. Crew for the first time yesterday, they had 50% off of a few things so I picked them up, only spent $85 
nthat.gif

Oh yeah and Wis, the guy working there had the same sweater you just raffled off, too bad they were last season, really liked it.

Anyone know where to buy watch strap keepers? Mine broke so im resorting to using a rubberband for the time being. A silicone one.

Last edited:
QFT I hate that **** man :lol:

[rule]

Stopped by my local J. Crew for the first time yesterday, they had 50% off of a few things so I picked them up, only spent $85 :nthat:

Oh yeah and Wis, the guy working there had the same sweater you just raffled off, too bad they were last season, really liked it.
Good stuff, man.

Buy off season and you're golden. Now is a good time to stock up on winter stuff and keep it in your closet until next year.

This concept definitely did not work in high school for us. If your gear was off season then other dudes would clown on you for shopping at Marshalls and the likes.

I think this thread should be titled "dressing for the occasion"

Nothing wrong with sneakers but to a nice dinner probably not but to Fridays yeah

Just the same way I feel about cats rocking blazers and all out getting done up to go to Target

Nope. A lot of fits are just nice casual, everyday fits. It's not like every fit pic on here is somebody wearing a blazer or a suit.

Last edited:
Re: title of thread. We went over this many times and there wouldn't be one politically correct way to word it in one sentence. The thread has branded itself over the last several years. Just leave it as is.

Back
Top Bottom