Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Fingers crossed the trench is acceptable quality/fit so I don't have to drop a G on a Burberry.

I hear you on this one, although I made a kind of pact with myself that my first khaki trench coat will be Burberry...:lol:
So until that I have a navy one.

Great stuff in this collaboration btw.

Besides the biker I think most of this stuff won't make it to clearance. The Target x NM stuff was too expensive for Target shoppers..this collection is just right IMO.

I wouldn't sleep. I'd say all the good sizes will be gone within two weeks.

I liked the Odin henley and scarf (even though it was acrylic or some ****) from the last collection, they were cheap too. I'd imagine most men that shop at Target for clothes outside of underwear or socks haven't heard of Odin, Phillip Lim, Thom Browne, etc and maybe don't care so they're target (pun!) market is a little smaller. Neither seem heavily promoted so the majority of men who are even aware of these collaborations are more than likely seeking information on fashion online. That plus the initial price points of the Neiman Marcus collab led to failure. Still curious to see if this does much better especially since it's only one designer.

ill be attending my first wedding on the 24th and  have no idea what to wear. Its formal wear but the couple is pretty young (21) and the ceremony isnt supposed to be that big
so I dont wanna go over bored with what i wear.

i have a 175 budget help me bros..

With that budget head to H&M and get a navy or gray suit, match it up with a white shirt and a navy or gray tie depending on the suit color to keep that formal vibe. Or simply white shirt and any color tie.

my nj dbnt fambs.

i may need help locating a target that will have it. da one in my are sucks

I have one about 5 minutes away and they received the NMxTarget stuff, with the exception of the blazer but I'm sure we'll get this collection too. It'll sit here in the middle of nowhere of upstate NY so I got you any anyone who needs something.

Going to a wedding in Miami in October.

Where can I find a suit for under $300 and what color/type suit would you guys recommend?

Any feedback, appreciated!

Checkout your nearest J Crew Factory store I saw some of their khaki suits for under $200 as they are quickly coming out of season. Miami is hot and humid year round so a khaki cotton suit will do you well for that weather.

Besides the biker I think most of this stuff won't make it to clearance. The Target x NM stuff was too expensive for Target shoppers..this collection is just right IMO.

I wouldn't sleep. I'd say all the good sizes will be gone within two weeks.

In addition to providing way too much supply to all Target stores and way too many products in the collection itself.

Got some tailored fit Land's End shirts in (from recent sale)

15 1/2-34 fit me well, slim but not tight/fitted, higher arm holes, slimmer sleeves, tapered to the waist. Fits similar to JCrew medium (reg fit), maybe a little bit looser, but that's fine for me.

I'd say maybe still not slim enough for skinny guys, but more athletic builds, LE tailored fit is pretty on the money

Alright, a few outfit pics from FL, some thrift picks, and the BIGGEST HOOKUP IVE EVER RECEIVED. In 3, 2, 1..

This was to bar hop one of the nights out at Tampa:

But the trip was not solely pleasure, I had a few business meetings with contacts I made through one of Uncles. Currently, I am heavily contemplating grad school at USF rather than NJ now. If I head down that way, I likely will be taking a position with a small CPA firm rather than the Accounts Receivable role I just received. However, that is all a few months away. We'll see what happens after I hear back from admissions. Here's the outfit for one of my meetings:

Tie was thrifted btw for $1. That being said, FL thrifting was booty cakes for me. Checked out around 5 spots. Best thing I saw :/

After coming back, I ended up finally cleaning up those shoes I picked up the day I left:

Then today before work, I had to snap pics inside due to the rain. Due to crappy quality, I'm just gonna put em in a spoiler |I

After work, I was fiending so I checked out my staple spot. Ended up walking out with two white BR shirts (fit is meh) for myself, a wooden shoe rack (have way too damb many without boxes), a pair of Hanover shell cordovan plain toe bluchers (sz 8 for sale btw) and a brown dior tie (yeah, I know, its nothing special) all for about $30.

And FINALLY. Back when the 2 for $250 sale was going on for AE, the big homie Carlin was able to hook me up with an employee discount for my order. I split the order with a buddy from work and tried purchasing a pair of brown longwings, but due to inventory problems, my pair never shipped. Because of this, C put in an order for a pair of brown double monks to arrive but eventually found out the inventory again was non existent. Because of this, he told me to pick a different pair from the list even if it was not on the 2 for $250 list. I ended up picking a pair of Brooks Brothers Walnut Fifth Aves but was surprised to see these at my door when I got back home:

After informing C, he had a chuckle and proceeded to tell me "Either way, the fifth ave are on the way". I assumed that I would just send back one after it arrived but the famb dropped DAT KNOWLEDGE on me. After all I had been through with swapping pairs, he texted the bomb...."Man you can keep both at this point. We are known for out service right?"

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Honestly, even if the second pair doesn't arrive, I ended up only dropping $80 for the Neumoras (double monks). I am beyond happy with that. But if everything goes according, I would've scooped those and the BB Walnut Fifth Aves for $40 a pop....DAT COME UP :pimp:

Shouts again to the homie. We were discussing it earlier and he is contemplating hooking up a few others with his good graces. Keep in mind, unless you are a regular and know C, please don't spam him asking for the hook up though. I just wanted to share what this man had done for a fellow #DBNT-er. Thanks you again C!
:pimp:

What do people usually wear for Grad school (Nursing) orientation?

The attire wasn't included with the info I got from the school -_-

Adrian, do you eem know what the letter "L" is? Good stuff famb, they look great but also shouts to Carlin for the Steve Nash assist #DBNTstrong :nthat: :nthat:

Never understood the interest surrounding cardigans.

I think they make you look like a grandpa :lol:
Timeless staple piece on both sides, menswear and streetwear. On the other side of the spectrum, a hoody can make you look like a middle school kid. There are also different variants, ie high gorge for a more formal look vs low gorge for a more casual vibe.
Word.

I love cardigans. I got 5 of them, and wear them to work almost all the time, it's a classic look, yet trendy with the right chinos/shirt/shoes. You can never go wrong with a heather grey cardigan (my fav).

Anyone can recommend some slim sweats? I havent been on my fashion game lately, last lim sweats I bought were the HM ones that released last winter. I see UO has some and that Target collabo (is it out?). Can anyone recommend some under $60?

Anyone can recommend some slim sweats? I havent been on my fashion game lately, last lim sweats I bought were the HM ones that released last winter. I see UO has some and that Target collabo (is it out?). Can anyone recommend some under $60?

I think the target colab drops on the 15th of sept.

Lol thanks everybody but definitely throw your reps to C when he posts. As for the square comment, it is a chisel last. Something I do not have yet, so I am excited to put them to use (tomorrow :lol: )

got these generra shoes at the thrift store for $5. Decent come up or no?

Back
Top Bottom