Dressing Better Vol 2.0

But lol is zara shoes quality real bad? Cause these aint that bad

I don't know about that specific pair but from personal experience, the quality of Zara shoes is really bad. I've bought shoes from Zara that started falling apart in a month with minor wear and have also returned pairs where the stitching is noticeably crooked or different from the other foot (b grades?!). It is a fast fashion brand afterall...

I fly standby a lot so it's "carry on" only for me. I try to pack logically, with pieces that are versatile. Also, for those that travel with suits, flight attendants will gladly store your suit bag in a secure area for you if you ask nicely, :wink:

I fly standby a lot so it's "carry on" only for me. I try to pack logically, with pieces that are versatile. Also, for those that travel with suits, flight attendants will gladly store your suit bag in a secure area for you if you ask nicely, :wink:

This, I always try to pack just a carry on. I've been able to do 2 weeks out of just a carry on, it's like IRON MAN said you gotta make sure you pack logically that's for sure. A leather carryall is the next thing I'm considering.

Yes, I have, usually tailoring is minimal: sleeves, taking the sides in, hemming and slight tapering of the trousers. Tailoring will be about $50.

Not sure if everyone kidding or not, on the girlfriend - sneaker stuff, but as someone pointed out on something different a while ago, that really is a remark that makes a lot of people here look elitist.

On-topic: Center vent for me

Not sure if everyone kidding or not, on the girlfriend - sneaker stuff, but as someone pointed out on something different a while ago, that really is a remark that makes a lot of people here look elitist.

On-topic: Center vent for me

I'm sure they'll change their minds sooner than later. The novelty of wearing a suit to show off to your college friends wears off rather quickly.

Honestly do not have a preference, always liked this quote from an SF member:

People here dislike center vents, saying they show your *** when you put your hands in your pockets. But I do squats 3 times a week, so I prefer center vents. Ladies want to see the goods.

:lol:

I finally decided to jump on board after lurking for some months now. I really dig the culture you guys have established in here and the knowledge that comes with it. You can look forward to seeing me in here more often, sharing my ideas and also learning from you all.

I finally decided to jump on board after lurking for some months now. I really dig the culture you guys have established in here and the knowledge that comes with it. You can look forward to seeing me in here more often, sharing my ideas and also learning from you all.
Welcome!

For those trying to add to their boot collection I seen these Eastland Sherman's for about the lowest I've ever seen them in a few select sizes. I know these were a pretty popular boot in this thread once upon a time and with Fall right around the corner these might be a go for some folks.

Last edited:
Sorry for the crazy post. Been super busy especially with starting this new job. Welp here we go:

Well on friday, not only did those shoes come in but my MTM Thick As Thieves suit came as well. The midsection is a tad big so I dropped it off at my tailor immediately. Picking up this saturday. Will post before and after when it comes back. (Everything else was spot on. Highly recommended)

Then the shoot in NY went great. Just like Serg said, we had a blast. I received some shots from the TSB team already, I really enjoyed how they came out. Hopefully they are up in a week or so.

Pre-shoot fit:

Post shoot fit:
[

Shoot was at MAB btw. Awesome spot. Got to meet Michael Andrews himself as well.

Then today was my first day at my new job. Culture is hella laxed. No one really in a suit but that's definitely not gonna stop me. I'm talking some dudes on my team rocking tees/jeans. I'm gonna make it a tad more casual tomorrow but don't get it twisted. Suits will appear at least twice a week haha. Here's what I wore:

Shoes by Carlin :lol:

I had mentioned after the link to John Doe Shoes was posted that I went ahead and ordered the burgundy cap toes, figured for only $135 it was worth a shot.

I'll post my thoughts as soon as I hear back from them but if anyone else was considering ordering and wants to know, send me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom