Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Color block cardigan - $15
Fair isle sweater - $40
Slim fit OCBD - $10
Quilted camo vest (shout out A :pimp:) - $30

Also had a ton of 484 cords for $10 a pair. Would have copped but my legs don't work with that fit unfortunately.

:wow:

At those pick ups

Do you guys simple buy a suit with the matching pants? Say I go to a department store but only find a suit jacket, would it be wise for me to buy the pants elsewhere as long as the shade/color/style is the same as the jacket?

Thanks man. Any idea if and when shell might be on sale again? I went with a couple of calf MTOs instead of the shell strands during the RDA, but now I'm kind of wishing i hadn't passed up on them

Store I called had Park and Fith Ave's on sale for 269.99 I believe and they honored the $50 off your first pair. I know they had all black for both since that's what I got.

Last edited:
Do you guys simple buy a suit with the matching pants? Say I go to a department store but only find a suit jacket, would it be wise for me to buy the pants elsewhere as long as the shade/color/style is the same as the jacket?

That's not a good look man. If you're buying a suit buy the jacket and pants together, it's pretty impossible to find an odd jacket that matches pants perfectly

That's not a good look man. If you're buying a suit buy the jacket and pants together, it's pretty impossible to find an odd jacket that matches pants perfectly

I see what your saying but my budget for a black suit is 200-300 after tailoring. I've just been to NR so far and the jackets are always separate from the pants.

I got a black suit from H&M for $100 and it fit damn near perfect OTR. I couldn't imagine spending more for something that will be worn maybe once a year max.

I got a black suit from H&M for $100 and it fit damn near perfect OTR. I couldn't imagine spending more for something that will be worn maybe once a year max.

+1 my first suit out of undergrad was a navy suit from H&M that I paid under $100 for. Got my mom to hem the pants and did not need to make any alterations to the jacket since it fit so well OTR. I've worn that suit to so many interviews. Definitely got my money's worth out of it.

I see what your saying but my budget for a black suit is 200-300 after tailoring. I've just been to NR so far and the jackets are always separate from the pants.
Buying suit separates is fine as long as it was made from the same fabric run. For instance if you go to Macys Tommy Hilfiger suits are sold in separates but they are made to go together. Pant would be $79 and matching jacket $159. Just an example. Although black looks to be just that, black, different fabric and dye will make them look different in the light and would look bad. Go to H&m or a department store and get a black suit.

+1 my first suit out of undergrad was a navy suit from H&M that I paid under $100 for. Got my mom to hem the pants and did not need to make any alterations to the jacket since it fit so well OTR. I've worn that suit to so many interviews. Definitely got my money's worth out of it.

Do all H&M's carry suits? Or did you buy it from their site? Assuming I get my exact measurements would you suggest buying it online without trying it on?

Well I'm about 6'3" 173 if that helps any. This would be my first suit purchase so Im a bit new to all of this. I just want everything to fit as good as possible for the day, and I'm kinda into the slim fit suits. Thanks for the reply.
This is not what you asked so... But have you considered what your groomsmen will be wearing. Honestly if they are renting a tux and you are custom they would honestly look off. I would take the gift card and get a ludlow navy suit from JCrew and have it tailored to perfection. Then have my guys all purchase the same suit from the Thompson line at Jcrew or similar and have them tailored as well. The crew would look dope and they all would now have a perfect suit to keep.

Do all H&M's carry suits? Or did you buy it from their site? Assuming I get my exact measurements would you suggest buying it online without trying it on?
They all carry suits. Stock is different to I would travel to the largest one in your area. They run slim so I would try it on first.

I may have to get a suit or two from H&M since my undergrad career is coming to a close soon. I want to get some nice starter slim suit for this semester until I am financial stable to a purchase some suits from tailors or other places.

Much appreciated, 100 or so for a full suit is piff :smokin

The last time I checked my emails they were running a 25% off one item promotion with a coupon. You might be able to find it on retailmenot.com if you're not on their mailing list already but you should be able to use that on the jacket part of the suit and save some money :wink:

H&M only has "R" as an option for their suits. I think I'd need an "S." Can anyone comment on whether or not they have more options instore?

The suit looks clean @ksteezy  wasn't expecting the suit to look that way. Going to stop by H&M at see what colors and sizes are available for me

Suit was about 150$ just slight tailoring on the pants, I'm 5"7 165lbs

Thanks fellas, quality on the suit is subpar, but for 150$ what do you expect, least the fit is cool, so if you need a suit last minute and on a tight budget don't overlook H&m

i just copped a navy plaidish suit from h&m during after xmas sale for 80 bucks, fits pretty good otr, I need my gf to hem or teach me so I can go with my usual no/slight break steez, but I can rock it now and it looks fine but I think slim pants require no/quarter break. I sized up 1 on the pants and got a 38, got my normal 44r on the jacket. 

btw idk if any of you are messing with it, but the remnants of woost god at jcp are still there and I have been rocking arizona slim tapered selvage denim in every fit that i have jeans on. I copped for 15 bucks on clearance since I was dropping the lb i needed new jeans but didn't want to spend till I was done losing. I got a 36 and they fit and looked perfect, didn't do anything to em. I just had to cop another pair in a 34 since waist seems to have settled there. They're online now for 30 bucks, and you can ship to your local jcpenny for free. Use RMN10 to save yourself 3 bucks. As of right now they got 32,34, and 36 waist in stock 

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jsp/browse/product.jsp?ppId=pp5002325071

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom