Dressing Better Vol 2.0

:wow: at how fast the Hooded Villain / Midnight went. Glad I was ready. Copped at 10:59 :pimp: Sold out before 11:00 which was the drop time I think.

The site shows that all sizes are up
Wasn't there a minute ago for me :lol: My b.

Not copping until a disco hits anyway though. If I forever miss out, so be it lol .

Yeah, I'ma be late for that until my homies at Reign + Storm drop a navy color :smokin

I think I'm gonna go with Suit Supply for my next suit too. Would go TAT but I've been told Jason's stuff wouldn't work for me

Pretty dope cardigan can be had for $72 right now.

Only XL left.

Only S left.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...ogle_PLA&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=19824789

Two questions:

1. What kind of shoes do you guys wear to work during the crappy weather/snow days? My Bean boots don't come for a month -_-

2. What's your go-to for business casual attire. I'm starting a new job and there's two weeks of training to start and I just realize I prob don't have 14 days of business casual clothes.

Last edited:
Two questions:

1. What kind of shoes do you guys wear to work during the crappy weather/snow days? My Bean boots don't come for a month -_-

2. What's your go-to for business casual attire. I'm starting a new job and there's two weeks of training to start and I just realize I prob don't have 14 days of business casual clothes.

1. Bean boots or beater dress shoes (with a rubber sole) that Adrian thrifted for me. On snow days I wear my Cole Haan Air Quilted Rhones boots; eBay has a few pairs but they are overpriced there. Paid $40 for mine on mrporter about 3 years ago. They are waterproof and have a sherlining/fleece lining. They do the job and look half-decent with denim. If wearing a suit or dress clothes I bring a pair of dress shoes with me.

2. When you say 14 days, 14 days straight? Even then, I think you can make a few pieces work if you mix and match. May involve shopping for some things in the next day or two though. My go to is chinos or trousers with a shirt and a v-neck sweater.

If you have the following chinos: khaki, navy, light gray/gray
Sweaters: navy, gray, camel, light blue
Shirts: white ocbd, blue ocbd, any tattersall, any gingham

Mix and match these, throw on some brown shoes and you should be gucci.

Yeah it's going to be 14 days.

I have a couple of sweaters and some chinos and slacks I can wear but I need a good pair of khakis and some more sweaters and shirts. The whole job thing came together really quickly so I didn't expect it and didn't realize how far out of the real of business casual into "chillin' freelancer" my wardrobe had fallen. Had to run and buy two suits at Men's Wearhouse last night before they closed 
laugh.gif

The footwear could be a problem seeing as how we're hitting that stride in NY weather where it snows sporadically twice a week for a month or two and I'm too broke to upgrade that much. I wore Allen Edmonds Strands to the interview the other day and it started flurrying. I was walking around like I was on skates.

Going to an interview Thursday... Manager In Training position for luxury hotel

Is a blue suit with red gingham alright? Probably a solid grey or blue tie with it. Brown shoes and tie bar.

My interviewer is young and cute... not an old finance fart.

heres something I was thinking...but obviously a more formal tie.

Last edited:

I've been on that Long Tee wave..and I was wondering has anyone asked their tailor to cut "slits" in the sides of their T shirt. I have cheap long tees from Topman and I'm willing to experiment. You think I could achieve the look?

Doesn't look stupid but the idea of having tailors cut slits doesn't sound like the best move.

Why not just but tees that already have that hem line?

Doesn't look stupid but the idea of having tailors cut slits doesn't sound like the best move.

Why not just but tees that already have that hem line?
probably cuz having your tailor do it for $10-20 is cheaper than a shirt from the brands that have the slits.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom