Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Thanks for the advice everyone! The interview is Tuesday morning so I didn't want to worry about going out shopping for something in a rush. Ill just stick it out with this for right now, if anything I might just pick up another tie.

Last edited:
Just got back from vacation had all this stuff waiting for me. $340 for all of it. Caught some major deals
pimp.gif

Where did you get the Acne denim for sale?

Those are great prices  
pimp.gif

I see that you are getting them tailored, what is your usual measurements from the knee down and leg openings?

Thanks!

if you're under 185 or so lbs then you'll probably want 6.5-6.75" for the clean taper or stacked look (if inseam is 34").

That jacket is fire. Any fit pics? wj4 wj4
I probably won't wear it until December or so, man. El Niño supposed to be strong this year so we will see. I was in a tank last Xmas. Lol.

if you're under 185 or so lbs then you'll probably want 6.5-6.75" for the clean taper or stacked look (if inseam is 34").
Solid general advice. I personally don't think stacked denim look all that good on shorter guys. Same with elongated shirts.

So, I hear a lot of talk on here about Meermin and Carmina. If I'm looking to add to my rotation of dress shoes and diversify a little bit (basically a lot of AE currently), can I go wrong with either choice? I was thinking of buying 2-3 pairs from Meermin and 2-3 pairs from Carmina.

Meermin is a good introductory brand. Carmina is above Meermin by far. My question to you is what are you looking for to get from each brand?

Meermin marketed itself as the little brother to Carmina. Carmina is more $. Both brands are good at their price points.

They've done no such thing. They have familial ties, that's it.

It's been asked several times in the past by me along with several other folks, but any recommendations for tailors in NYC?

A list of a few shops I've compiled so far:
Raymond's Tailor
Nelson Tailor Shop
Dynasty Tailor

Any first hand experiences or other recommendations?

The Tailoring Room

They've done no such thing. They have familial ties, that's it.

When I first heard of the brand on SF, it was introduced as the little brother since there was a family tie. Later on, I heard from a vendor who carried Carmina that this was actually false, the family ties was used as a marketing tool.

I couldn't care less if it's true or not. They make great quality shoes at entry level price. The former statement doesn't affect me in anyway.

Just got back from vacation had all this stuff waiting for me. $340 for all of it. Caught some major deals :pimp:

Where did you get the Acne denim for sale?

Those are great prices  :pimp:

I see that you are getting them tailored, what is your usual measurements from the knee down and leg openings?

Thanks!

I got the Stay Cash on sale for $100 from Lane Crawford in Hong Kong. I got the Eighties Two on eBay for $100 (there a lot of good deals for Acne denim on eBay).

I'll be getting ~2-4 inches hemmed off and will take the leg openings down to 6 inches.

Linked up with another DBNTer this past weekend at an event celebrating the birth of a DBNTer with some other DBNTers (one of which allowed me to crash at his residence).

Got a squad pic, but unsure if nako xl nako xl has any reservations of y'all seeing his mug. He the type to bump Drake's album at the gym so IOENO :lol:

Just now seeing this :lol:

well if you don't mind then fuggit

top row: Nako XL, Sarteaga0408, Pinoy732
bottom row: FreshFeet, illmatickal

Last edited:
I got the Stay Cash on sale for $100 from Lane Crawford in Hong Kong. I got the Eighties Two on eBay for $100 (there a lot of good deals for Acne denim on eBay).

I'll be getting ~2-4 inches hemmed off and will take the leg openings down to 6 inches.
Appreciate it!

everyone except me. originally NJ but now down in DE.

been put it out that we were linking that weekend. no texts/PMs were hit.

Back
Top Bottom