Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I feel like I just got everything I need for SS and FW within the past week. Went crazy on SS's outlet yesterday (a lot of the stock is already gone). I was surprised it re-opened again, I almost thought it never would and they even tweeted they wouldn't. The last outlet was November '13.

Post-Christmas sales are the best in my opinion...

What did you get if you don't mind me asking?

I feel like I just got everything I need for SS and FW within the past week. Went crazy on SS's outlet yesterday (a lot of the stock is already gone). I was surprised it re-opened again, I almost thought it never would and they even tweeted they wouldn't. The last outlet was November '13.

Post-Christmas sales are the best in my opinion...

Curious to know as well considering most items were already out of my size late last night. Only the jackets really caught my eye.

Looking to have some pants altered/tailored. To get a slimmer fit should I just change the ankle opening? To like 6.5?

I know it's been asked a few times in here... But where can I get a tan/camel overcoat for $200 or less? I've been rocking with one I thrifted for the past year until tonight when I had a mix up with a staircase
mean.gif

Ideally would try to thrift another but given how much I've worn this one, I figure it's worth spending a little money on. I'm a 40/medium-large if that helps at all.
I would even consider just taking it to a tailor. I did something similar to my tuxedo jacket, when I was traveling and he fixed it. You can see a seam there, but it isn't that noticeable. 

Looking to have some pants altered/tailored. To get a slimmer fit should I just change the ankle opening? To like 6.5?
Be careful with suit pants, you can disrupt the crease in the pant leg. 

Make sure they realign the crease or take it in evenly on both sides. 

Just a heads up.

Final clearance sales at the following Macy’s stores closing in early 2016 will begin on Monday, Jan. 11 and run for between eight to 12 weeks (with the exception of Westfield Century City, North DeKalb Mall and Roseburg Valley Mall, where final clearance sales are already in progress):

Irvine Spectrum, Irvine, CA (140,000 square feet; opened in 2002; 112 associates);
Country Club Plaza, Sacramento, CA (165,000 square feet; opened in 1961; 111 associates);
Westfield Century City, Los Angeles, CA (136,000 square feet; opened in 1976; 108 associates). Note that this store will be closed in January 2016 and replaced with a new, larger store to open in this same shopping center in spring 2017;
Enfield Square main store, Enfield, CT (166,000 square feet; opened in 1971; 84 associates);
Enfield Square furniture/home/men’s store, Enfield, CT (76,000 square feet; opened in 1971; 20 associates);
North DeKalb Mall, Decatur, GA (190,000 square feet; opened in 1965; 89 associates);
Kailua, HI (59,000 square feet; opened in 1946; 57 associates);
Palouse Mall, Moscow, ID (41,000 square feet; opened in 1979; 47 associates);
Northwoods Mall, Peoria, IL (165,000 square feet; opened in 1985; 62 associates);
Cortana Mall, Baton Rouge, LA (243,000 square feet; opened in 1976; 108 associates);
Valley Mall, Hagerstown, MD (120,000 square feet; opened in 1999; 59 associates);
Berkshire Mall, Lanesborough, MA (111,000 square feet; opened in 1994; 58 associates);
Eastfield Mall, Springfield, MA (127,000 square feet; opened in 1994; 71 associates);
The Shoppes at Stadium, Columbia, MO (140,000 square feet; opened in 2003; 81 associates);
Middlesex Mall, South Plainfield, NJ (81,000 square feet; opened in 1976; 69 associates);
McKinley Mall main store, Buffalo, NY (88,000 square feet; opened in 1989; 65 associates);
McKinley Mall home store, Buffalo, NY (31,000 Square feet; opened in 1989; 10 associates);
Arnot Mall, Horsehead, NY (120,000 square feet; opened in 1995; 79 associates);
Hudson Valley Mall, Kingston, NY (121,000 square feet; opened in 1995; 72 associates);
Eastern Hills Mall, Williamsville, NY (127,000 square feet; opened in 1971; 80 associates);
Cary Towne Center, Cary, NC (107,000 square feet; opened in 1991; 63 associates);
Chapel Hill Mall, Akron, OH (169,000 square feet; opened in 1967; 91 associates);
Midway Mall, Elyria, OH (105,000 square feet; opened in 1990; 64 associates);
Quail Springs Mall, Oklahoma City, OK (146,000 square feet; opened in 1986; 87 associates);
Pony Village Mall, North Bend, OR (41,000 square feet; opened in 1980; 54 associates);
Roseburg Valley Mall, Roseburg, OR (40,000 square feet; opened in 1980; 59 associates);
Suburban Square, Ardmore, PA (102,000 square feet; opened in 1930; 74 associates);
Century III Mall, West Mifflin, PA (173,000 square feet; opened in 1979; 101 associates);
Ridgmar Mall, Ft. Worth, TX (181,000 square feet; opened in 1998; 92 associates);
Chesapeake Square, Chesapeake, VA (95,000 square feet; opened in 1999; 69 associates);
Virginia Center Commons, Glen Allen, VA (110,000 square feet; opened in 1993; 81 associates);
Peninsula Town Center, Hampton, VA (173,000 square feet; opened in 1977; 109 associates);
Military Circle Mall, Norfolk, VA (153,000 square feet; opened in 1976; 95 associates);
Regency Square main store, Richmond, VA (100,000 square feet; opened in 1990; 100 associates);
Regency Square furniture/home/men’s store, Richmond, VA (124,000 square feet; opened in 1990; 35 associates);
Downtown Spokane, Spokane, WA (374,000 square feet; opened in 1947; 94 associates).

Last edited:

@Pinoy732  jawnz is tough. I am upset I can't buy on the rack suits, my thighs are too big. 

@CH03  If you're dropping 2 for Chelsea boots, I would say just go with SEF.
Word. Thanks.

EDIT: For those who have purchased SEF Chelseas, what was the total price including shipping and customs? Thanks. 

Last edited:

Sure:

The Havana is Linen. (been eyeing a BB Rust sport coat for a while but it never got on enough sale to my liking)

Other recent cops...

Drake's Grenadine Tie in Burnt Orange Pindot
RL Black Label Navy Tuxedo (been wanting a clean navy tux w/ shawl collars for a while...missed out when it was on sale, then my size came back in stock!)
Topman Harris Tweed Blazer
Topman Harris Tweed Gloves
Uniqlo Heathered Grey Blazer (wanted a nice casual unstructured cotton one)
Uniqlo Breton Tee (actually pretty nice quality here)

*Also sorry, meant SS and FW as in the seasons in my original reply

What tie widths do you guys usually aim for? I inherited a bunch of old Brooks + RL ties from pops and they're all around 3.5". I'm a short dude, so wide ties are a no go and I hate skinny ties, so that's also a no go.

I'll be wearing suits everyday at my new gig. Thanks to Adrian for the Conrad Wu recommendation (a bit too expensive for my blood though).

Last edited:

Word. Thanks.

EDIT: For those who have purchased SEF Chelseas, what was the total price including shipping and customs? Thanks. 
around 245 for the boots and around 25-30 for customs

Last edited:
Word. Thanks.

The Line 3 joints came out to $193.81 total. 3 months later still haven't received a bill from customs. :nerd:

Last edited:
if anyone is looking for a clean neutral shoe - check out gustin.

they got something in the mold of common project Achilles...made in Italy.

probably one of the better bang for the buck casual shoes I've seen.

https://www.weargustin.com/store/2805

Our sneakers are constructed by hand in the Tuscany region of Italy by a group of craftsmen who have been making shoes since 1901. They have perfected their craft to the point where the industry's biggest and best names, including Lanvin, use them for production. All leather is die cut one hide at a time. Single needle stitching is used to construct the uppers. Binding clean finishes edges. Custom lasting creates the unique Gustin shape. An Italian-made Margom rubber sole is cemented internally and reinforced with 360° stitching to the upper. A calfskin-lined removable footbed is stamped with the Gustin logo. These are time honored techniques taken to the highest level.

Sneakers made in Italy to our quality level, that finally get the styling right and that use only the highest quality materials carry incredibly high price points. The Gustin model allows us to offer you a radically better value.

^no affiliation and worth a check out imo

Last edited:
Nah man end clothing is great. Incredibly fast shipping.

Next time just do your research on customs fees with end. 

im pretty sure its a horrible return policy - def legit - not a fan because most designers i have not tried on before.. its taking a risk unless you know your size. 

they are what they are - a retailer who sells final sale type of products they receive from a variety of labels. agree with above - if you know what you need in terms of sizing, you can get some steals. but their customer service is pretty terrible.

Back
Top Bottom