Dressing Better Vol 2.0

All of our fashion here in the states stems from Europe anyway. Not a surprise people were wearing chelseas in Europe almost a decade ago.

More than a decade, my friend.

Beatles-in-Chelsea-Boots.jpg

Chelsea are nice for a min, but definitely a come and go fad. I prefer lace up Truman boots or Vibergs. True classic boot that won't ever go out of style.

Chelseas are timeless. Cats are only jumping on to them cause a few years ago Kanye was rocking them as well as as recent as last year and now more mainstream rappers are rocking them. Most people didn't know what kind so now that they see similar and cheaper varitions, cats are jumping on them. I use to get looked at funny for Rocking Chelseas and Jodphurs and now the very same people who use to look at me weird are rocking them and I'm now looking at them funny cause they look dumb as hell.

Last edited:
What are your guys thoughts on purchasing used dress shoes? I'm talking more about luxury ones in upper tiers of dress shoe making. I usually steer clear of buying used shoes but well made dress shoes I feel can also be repaired quite well (polished, re soled, etc). I'm eyeing a pair on eBay right now but I'm put off from some cosmetic scratching That im unsure how deep they are. How much can scratches be repaired/polished out on quality leather dress shoes? Also scuffs.

I remember when this debate first came up a few years ago.

Cats legit could not understand that other cats besides Kanye wore them

I remember when this debate first came up a few years ago.

Cats legit could not understand that other cats besides Kanye wore them

Kanye was the one that made heels hot in the streets though.

Last edited:
i remember when cats was consigning mans and repping everything he posted although most of it looked the same to me. Then he got too cocky and flew too close to the sun with that flagrant schift.

Lmao reposed for da Icarus reference

How's the extra slim fit? Do they fit better than CT? I found CT's shirts to still have too much material.
Their extra slim fit is slightly better than CT, as far as the waist is concerned, but if CT is still too much material I doubt you would find Hawes to significantly better.

I went through a lot of slim, extra slim shirts CT included. All of them were too big or poor fits. I am supper happy with Suitsupplys shirts. Best fitting shirt I have found. Any question on fit or sizing just shoot me a PM.

I went through a lot of slim, extra slim shirts CT included. All of them were too big or poor fits. I am supper happy with Suitsupplys shirts. Best fitting shirt I have found. Any question on fit or sizing just shoot me a PM.

$90-100 per shirt seems steep. I'll have to go try one on though..I need like 10 in rotation :lol:

Last edited:
$90-100 per shirt seems steep. I'll have to go try one on though..I need like 10 in rotation :lol:
If you are paying that much go for mtm.

You can get 2 ply from mytailor.com for about $70-80. For around $120 you can upgrade to Thomas Mason fabrics.

You can customize it to your liking, i.e. Mother of pearl buttons, collar style, cuff style, placket, etc.

Once you go mtm for dress shirts, you're not going back to otr. The range of motion alone is way better since it's made for your physique. This is from someone who's done the typical otr as well as having tailored otr shirts by pleats and taking the sides in.

Last edited:
Would anybody recommend True Religion's :lol:

*waits for the backlash*

If you're into that in 2017...get on Grailed ASAP.

People are purging their collections for $20 a pair on the regular. You can bring that back,,

Last edited:
Cosigning on the CT shirts thing. The extra slim fits are still baggy in places on me. Brought it up at work once and someone who pretty much exclusively wore them was just getting the sides taken in.

I guess it's an answer but the arms are also loose on me. Best fitting shirts I have are from Brooks brothers and banana Republic but they're all blue and I really need a ton of whites for work.

If you are paying that much go for mtm.

You can get 2 ply from mytailor.com for about $70-80. For around $120 you can upgrade to Thomas Mason fabrics.

You can customize it to your liking, i.e. Mother of pearl buttons, collar style, cuff style, placket, etc.

Once you go mtm for dress shirts, you're not going back to otr. The range of motion alone is way better since it's made for your physique. This is from someone who's done the typical otr as well as having tailored otr shirts by pleats and taking the sides in.

Repped. I'll definitely take a look.

Back
Top Bottom