Dressing Better Vol 2.0

How long does that Saphir Super Invulner last? Permanent like liquiproof or like a monthly reapply like crep?

Last edited:
Think these can be pulled off paired with a suit?
I work retail and it's getting old and uncomfortable wearing a dress shoe everyday

Thinking of ways to switch it up

Think these can be pulled off paired with a suit?
I work retail and it's getting old and uncomfortable wearing a dress shoe everyday

Thinking of ways to switch it up
Getting Pradas for a retail position? That's balling.

I would look at the 1901 line by Nordstrom. They should be around $100 for rubber sole dress shoe models. I swear by them for comfort. I buy a new pair each year to wear to clients out in manufacturing, construction and farm, or when I know I'm going to walk tons.

Fwiw I have a pair of Prada kicks. I got them because of the aesthetic but they're some of the most uncomfy kicks I've worn at any price point.

Last edited:
How are AE in terms of comfort?
Compared to what? If you're new to dress shoes, they aren't going to be as comfy as sneakers...you're coming to leather sole shoes. These shoes usually get more comfy as you wear them.

Compared to what? If you're new to dress shoes, they aren't going to be as comfy as sneakers...you're coming to leather sole shoes. These shoes usually get more comfy as you wear them.
I have some leather sole shoes that are more comfortable than most of my sneaker. Most higher end AE shoes and other well made dress shoes are very comfortable, even when compared to sneakers once they are broken in. I have never understood how a leather sole is more comfortable than squishy foam and rubber....... even after long days, but my feet tell me they are.

Finally got the new republic chelseas in. Cant complain at all for the price. Love the shape and fit.

Last edited:
I'll post pics by tonight. They fit very similar to Clarks in terms of sizing. Wont be able to wear em anytime soon with all this snow though :smh:

Very tempted to buy the black ones now, probably will if i can get them for 75 somehow :lol:

Last edited:
Last edited:
@krizzzle -- I have the second darker navy suit and think it's a classic, must-have suit for any guy.

If this is your first suit, I'd recommend that. Just FYI -- I will be copping the first blue suit as my 3rd suit (I already have Navy + Charcoal in my rotation).

krizzzle krizzzle you can't go wrong with either one. I have the first one and it has become my go-to suit. Granted the true navy is also a great option. You can't go wrong with either one.

I also have the first one, and it is my favorite and, most versatile suit. If you are going to Suitsupply pay attention to the finish or sheen of the fabrics, as well as any patterns to the fabrics. Though they are the same style and color, each suit can have subtle differences. The little details make a big difference.

really appreciate all the feedback y'all. was tough but ended up goin with the second one for my first suit.

the fabric was very nice in person with a little less sheen but i'll def consider the first option in the future.

Back
Top Bottom