Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

I thought I had it rough in SoCal, at least we get 50 degree weathers where I could wear a jacket and even leather jackets, as long as I wear nothing but undershirt with it.

If we're lucky we usually get a couple of weeks sometime during the "Winter" where it will be 50ish early in the morning but by noon the sun isout and it's 70-80. lol. but yea Miami's constant heat/humidity limits my swag a bit.

^^ argh, thanks anyway....i ordered from them before ...it was too small for me, i got wide shoulder and 44' chest ...but im going back to Asia in Oct.gonna do some shopping when i get there
happy.gif

So I got a new H&M suit. I think it fits pretty well. I got the pants tailored since they were a little tight in the waist but they fit pretty good now. Imight get the sleeves shortened but IDK yet. What do you guys think?

hahah my bad about the knife pic didnt realize how king kong it was. but lucky my bad ill post some soon.
ayo rfx you from socal?

Adidas Freak: just have the sleeves shortened to show about 1/2 inch of cuff. As your shirts will all be different lengths in the sleeve, make sure you arewearing shirts of similar length when you go in to the tailor. Is that black or blue?

I decided to do a gingham fit week. here goes:
Family Portrait:

Not Pictured: Mr. Purple, Mr. Navy and Mr. Light Blue

Friday:

Thursday:

Wednesday:

Tuesday:

Monday:

people hate, but i like the fits niidawg.

i only own two gingham shirts though. a pinkp/purple ralph lauren one that I love and a green lacoste that im trying to grow fond of

Shoeshi, yes, I am from SoCal.

Niidawg, I see you followed the SF challenge or gingham week.
laugh.gif

Nice fits as usual, nice coordination with the shirt, jacket, pants and pocket square.

Adidas Freak, nice pick up on the suit. It fits well.
I must ask the same as Niidawg though, is it black of navy/blue?
I would get the sleeves shorten maybe half an inch or less.

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

So I got a new H&M suit. I think it fits pretty well. I got the pants tailored since they were a little tight in the waist but they fit pretty good now. I might get the sleeves shortened but IDK yet. What do you guys think?
I wanted to know how much did you pay?

H&M suits are usually sold as separates. I believe the jackets can range from $50-$80 and the pants are usually $40-$60.
I might be a little off on the pricing but when my friend was going to a wedding and he needed a black suit, I brought him to H&M and for $150, he got-which I believe- the same suit posted Adidas Freak.

AK Nako - thanks man. this is NT, so i expect the hate ... lol. If i wear getting the hate in real life or on a forum like SF, i'd beworried.

raburns04 - thanks man

RFX45 - thanks man. yeah - i realized on Tuesday evening i had worn ginghams both Mon & Tue, so i was like +$% ... let me go for 5 out of5. I am thinking of a different theme for next week. Maybe bengal stripes or something. Trying to have fun with clothes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

how u gonna tailor something from h&m lol
just get a better one mannn
I'm paying my own way through college without any help from parents or financial aid so it's not that easy to come up on a spare $600+

And the suit is black. I guess it's the lighting in my house. It was about $170.

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

how u gonna tailor something from h&m lol
just get a better one mannn
I'm paying my own way through college without any help from parents or financial aid so it's not that easy to come up on a spare $600+

And the suit is black. I guess it's the lighting in my house. It was about $170.

Adidas Freak, alteration should be fine. You dont have to return it for a new one. Black is not a very versatile color for a suit. As a rule of thumb, youpretty much wear black only to funerals, weddings or dinners (ie late night events). Now rules are meant to be broken of course, but if i were to give you anyadvice - i'd say take it back if you can and get a navy suit or dark grey. You can do so much more with a navy suit.

Example:
1. You can wear the suit as is with many shirt/tie/pocket square combinations.
2. You can wear the jacket as a blazer with khakis/white pants/jeans etc etc etc. Dress it up or down as you please
3. You can wear the pants alone with other shirts.

Navy is truly the most versatile suit you can own. You cannot say the same for black.

Hope this helps.

^^^ I agree with Niidawg.
That is the same reason I asked what color the suit was.
Black really limits your options of not only what you can wear with it, but also where it could be worn at.

Thanks for the tips. I get what you're saying. I just bought the black cause that's the only one I could find and considering there's no H&Maround me I didn't wanna take the chance of not running into another one. But I have 400 that I was gonna buy a gray suit with but I guess I'll use itfor navy and have gray be my next purchase.

Navy or gray, either one are very versatile.
I actually prefer charcoal over navy, navy tends to look black at times and that's not necessarily a bad thing but I do like charcoal better.
I believe it also corresponds to Niidawgs examples of how a navy suits other uses.

Either one are good though, try both colors one and see what you like better.
I just don't want you to dismiss gray or charcoal right off the bat.

Good luck!

For casual wear, what kind of pants would you recommend wearing with a charcoal blazer? Would grey plaid pants work or would it be better sticking to solidpants?

I would stay with solid color unless the pattern is very subtle on the plaid pants.
I'm not opposed to patterned pants but I like it better with a matching jacket/blazer or just prefer striped pants better.
I would go with navy or dark brown pants with a charcoal blazer. Maybe even try olive.

Back
Top Bottom