Dressing better

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

Need some opinions on these shoes. I picked them up a few months back and I have just been wearing them with chocolate brown cotton slacks, but I was wondering what else you guys think would go well with them. I was thinking some light gray pants, but I'm unsure. They're not really like white bucks (of course a different type sole/shoe), but depending on what colour the pants are, the shoes can look white or very light brown.

Pic

nerd.gif
anyone?

those will go with seer sucker shorts or pants also. i do think gray will work but you'll have to rock it right. khaki is a cant miss, based on that coloralso.

if you are feeling adventurous pink will go too.

Originally Posted by RFX45

brown_11.jpg

The flash makes it a lot lighter than it really is. It has a nice deep, dark brown color though.
Here's a pic of a different boot but of the same color by the same maker, it should give you an idea on how dark it is.
ps_cor10.jpg

RFX what kind of jeans do you wear when your rockin these types of shoes? Some pages back you had a pic of your black Paul Smith shoes and youwore with jeans too. I'm looking for a 'dressier' type of jean I could wear to dinner and the like... all of mine are too baggy and would looksloppy.

tax free weekend coming up!
not really looking for anything besides a pair of boots and gonna stock up on 511s and 514s

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I'm feeling both of these shoes right here. What would be a typical outfit to wear with these??

0034h.jpg

0069h.jpg
This aint Typical, but I wore this last night
s6305949.jpg

Shouts out to Ralph

I love wingtips, especially brown wingtips. Nice combo Lucky, not sure about the sweater though.

Falcon, those boat sneakers have been out for a while, not that particular one but the style itself.
Even Kanye is coming out with LV. Vans also has some nice Del Barco which are pretty nice.
Those Sperry's looks nice though, I like the material.

JStunn, the only pair of jeans I wear are Levi's 514's. When you buy it, just make sure they aren't too long.
I like a little break on mine but anymore and it won't look too good. Others actually prefer it with no break but with jeans, I like the break on my pants.

Kix4kix, I suggest going with chucks or jack purcells over vans. I find vans a bit wide when worn while the chucks are classic and looks more narrow.
It just looks much better I think, I can see some wear chucks/jp with chinos while I only like vans with jeans.

Conofocal, those shoes can be pulled off in many ways. Niidawg made a great suggestion with seersucker.
You can also pull it off with some slim jeans, not straight leg though, the bottom has to be more tapered than usual.
It could worn with chino's too. I wear my white bucks with almost any colored chino's; blue, navy, grey, brown, olive, etc...

I love wingtips, especially brown wingtips. Nice combo Lucky, not sure about the sweater though.

Falcon, those boat sneakers have been out for a while, not that particular one but the style itself.
Even Kanye is coming out with LV. Vans also has some nice Del Barco which are pretty nice.
Those Sperry's looks nice though, I like the material.

JStunn, the only pair of jeans I wear are Levi's 514's. When you buy it, just make sure they aren't too long.
I like a little break on mine but anymore and it won't look too good. Others actually prefer it with no break but with jeans, I like the break on my pants.

Kix4kix, I suggest going with chucks or jack purcells over vans. I find vans a bit wide when worn while the chucks are classic and looks more narrow.
It just looks much better I think, I can see some wear chucks/jp with chinos while I only like vans with jeans.

Conofocal, those shoes can be pulled off in many ways. Niidawg made a great suggestion with seersucker.
You can also pull it off with some slim jeans, not straight leg though, the bottom has to be more tapered than usual.
It could worn with chino's too. I wear my white bucks with almost any colored chino's; blue, navy, grey, brown, olive, etc...

roll.gif

Yea Fair Isle sweaters are usually hit or miss with people, I got a few, that I love
pimp.gif

niidawg and RFX - many thanks. I didn't even think about seersucker! I picked up some slim linen pants and what look like chambray shorts. I have thoughtabout some pink pants, but its too far to the left for me. I can't really pull it off, however, those green deals that niidawg had a few pages back are onthe radar.

Originally Posted by REALTALKAZ

rfx those jackets are sick where can I find some comparable ones like that at

Other than Topman or H&M, I do not really know any brand that sells jackets like those that would fit similar.
See, with designer brands, we usually pay for the name but we also pay for the fit.
Prada, Gucci and D&G suits aren't the best quality suits but they are cut slim that rarely any other companies offer.

Originally Posted by jonathan0389

Theres a nice tweed blazer im looking to get but unsure how to wear it more casually?
Any ideas?
It should be easy to pull off as long as it fits well. It can be worn with jeans, chino's or khaki's.
I would wear a sport shirt with it instead of a tee but a sweater will work as well.
untitl17.jpg

To those looking at teh GAP leather jacket a few pages back, it is now available on their website for $348.
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=48872&vid=1&pid=663377
gp663377-00vliv01.jpg

They also have a decent varsity jacket for $248.
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=48872&vid=1&pid=663376
gp663376-00vliv01.jpg

They are pricey but with the current 30% off promotion they are having this weekend, it might be a good time to save a few bucks on it if you are interested.
I'll be honest though, I won't be surprised if it fits huge. They have an XS in the vasity jacket though if anybody wants to try it, it should be aneasy return too since there is a GAP everywhere.

For me, GAP really doesn't fit at all. Everything is boxxy, which may be good for regular builds, but I'm of the tall and slender/slim stature. BR iscloser. I'm saying this because I wish BR had the varsity and not GAP
laugh.gif

The coupon is one of those invites only. There was a thread about it here, look for it and maybe you can ask someone to invite you or ask someone that may notuse his coupon.
If you are on their newsletter list, you should get the coupon in your e-mail too.

Paul Smith order finally arrived.
111.jpg

Every man has to have a staple black shoe and this is it for me.
211.jpg

You got to love the purple laces, a small detail that goes a long way.
411.jpg

Can't wait for winter to roll around so I could wear this.
(Yes I know my left collar is up during the pic
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
)
311.jpg

Info on this jacket please. Perhaps even where I can cop from.

anyone able to recommend a nice money clip? preferably all metal, silver or titanium. tried the magnetic leather style but it wasn't for me. branded orunbranded both work. price isn't too big of a concern either, so don't hold back. thanks.

The jacket was from the Paul Smith UK website.
Might still be available in Paul Smith stores, but I am not sure.

To those looking for boots that look good and made well for less than $300...
The Burton & Montgomery boots by Wolverine are available at NeimanMarcus.com for $235-$250.
NMN0JZV_mt.jpg
NMN0JZU_mt.jpg
NMN0JZT_mt.jpg
NMN0JZS_mt.jpg

I'm with you, I browse the net too much for stuff to buy.
I just found these nice Theory Jacket and I am tempted.
979687_fpx.tif

Now the decision is between that one or this Richard Chai peacoat since they are the same price.
0073h.jpg
Both of them are nice but I know I can't be the only one that looks at the second one like its one of those convertible coats?.

Crying did dude switch names cause dude is no longer a registered member?

Pic from like Jan I found, I love Paisley ties and this is my Fav Ralph Tie I own.
5648_140492382626_592217626_3276023_2792323_n.jpg

And Anyone got tips on Items I should cop to keep my Dress shoes looking Spiffy?
Like good kits or what ever. And is colored polish good? I picture it would be tough to find exact shades and stuff for anything but black.

Back
Top Bottom